Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cariad

VIP Member
Many many years ago, when I was 21 ( mid 80's to be exact) a Uni friend and I went backpacking round the Greek islands . We bought a return flight to Athens and then got first ferry out of the port of Piraeus in the morning to furthest destination possible! ....first time I'd tried real Greek yogurt too ( divine!)
No accommodation was booked, just arrived at Santorini near midnight, where there were loads of locals touting for business to stay in their tavernas and we just chose first one that fitted our requirements ( no more than £5 / night)
During that holiday , as well as Santorini we went to Mykonos ( long before it was such a Mecca for the rich and not so famous influencers) Rhodes and Crete
At each island , it was pot luck with where we stayed some places were incredible , but basic yet well appointed some were roach infested hostels 🤢
I still remember that holiday very fondly and we had so many memorable adventures, even though we were holidaying on a very tight budget...we went snorkelling in Crete, where we went fishing for octopus and sea urchins to eat on board with the owners ( we couldn't afford SCUBA diving) but the fishermen who owned the boat took pity on us and invited us back to their family home that evening for a traditional Greek meal
On anther occasion in Crete , we ended up sharing a hostel room in Agios Niklaos with 2 English guys ( who were also travelling independently and had never met each other before) we hired mopeds and went exploring round the beautiful hidden beaches of Crete
We then spent a couple of days in Athens, going to flea markets and finding glorious tavernas in the back streets, where the owners would invite you into kitchen to see what was available and even let you try the food before you ordered!
I fear Alice doesn't value the true value of a holiday....just because it's luxurious doesn't make it more memorable or enjoyable
Now I'm in my late 50's I look at these influencers and wonder if they are really enjoying themselves and living in the moment? I have very few photos of these holidays but can remember everything so vividly and I'm glad I visited these places before the instagrammers spoiled them!
I may add since those budget days I have been v lucky to travel the world and stay at some amazing 5* places but one of my first adventures still means so much to me

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Farmer Sam

VIP Member
Paddy looks like a right ole Tory. Gives me the creeps a bit.
This is exactly what I thought. He looks like a Tory MP for Little Bottingham or somewhere that’s got skeletons in the closet from Eaton and is secretly shagging his wife’s best mate and does lines of coke off his driver’s butt cheeks after trips to Westminster. Those shoes also make me twitchy. Very very twitchy.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Winterwander

She's upset because she didn't declare a free car and got called out for wearing ostrich and denying it. If she didn't do this shit we'd have nothing to say about it.
Actions = consequences
You cant claim to be whiter than white and complain when grey is found.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Winterwander

Notice poor Lewis hasnt been invited
Not posh enough for supper club
Would prob need to wear trousers though

• Haha
Reactions: 20

majestic26

VIP Member
It's all so desperate isn't it. PADDY IS HERE HONEST, HE JUST HATES PICS. WE DO HAVE FUN, I LAUGHED ALL NIGHT, I SWEAR. LOOK AT MY DESIGNER BAG.

If those things were true and you were having such a good time, you wouldn't need to reinforce it to a load of strangers in your phone. Also funny how it took the luxury holiday to another country to cause her anxiety to dissipate, not the multiple other trips, breaks, weddings and events she's been to over the last few weeks.

I used to really like her but now it feels like she's on a totally different planet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

sjo

This is what annoys me about influencers. They want the fame and riches of celebrity without the harsh reality. Johnny Depp recently had the entire world welcomed into his private life and he was bloody innocent! Public personas attract opinions from the public, it might be harsh but it’s where we are.

The most ironic part of it all, using Twitter, yes TWITTER, to call for a website to be banned. What next a Facebook live sponsored by Cambridge analytica?

Reactions: 18

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Damnnit, I was waiting for the details eagerly so I could drive to Yorkshire and ask Alice’s parents for her autograph 😰🙄
B7CDAAED-5031-44CE-A625-F539DA929CD6.png

• Haha

Londoncailín

VIP Member
Did she not just go on a break to Dorset?! Is that not a “proper break”. She’s just so negative always
According to s (2) (1) (a) of the Alice complaints code, it’s not considered a proper break unless the following apply:
(i) You must be wearing a big, stupid kaz band on your head, resembling a chocolate box straight out of 1985.

(ii) You must pose pool side, toe pointed, staring into space.

(iii) Standard hint of random body part of Paddy’s in a pic.

(iiii) Major loved up full length couples shot, with strategically placed hand on Paddy’s chest….just to silence the tattlers

(v) Pic of glass of wine and boring caption about #balance

(vi) Photoshop? What photoshop?

Last edited:
  • Haha

Farmer Sam

VIP Member
Latest story is “any questions about my trip?”

well it bloody felt like we were there, the amount of time you were updating us on insta, so no I don’t have any questions
1. Why do you have to share your whole supposedly relaxing holiday online?
2. How are £900 Chanel flip flops justified or even attractive?
3. Were you pissed when you were preening in the lav and filming yourself?
4. Have you heard of online booking?
5. Sweetie, breakfast only isn’t half board. It’s bed and breakfast.
6. The year you’ve had???? Freebie trips to Devon, Wimbledon, off to the Peaks the week before Greece, many many designer outfits, London Fashion week, new business launch, new apartment to move to, new car???? Seriously? You privileged unaware brat.😬

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick

Sunflower91

VIP Member
Not all of what’s been said is opinion either - some of it is fact.
Does the app have a continuous stream of problems? Yes
Will paying customers be happy with that? No
Are ostrich feathers cruel? Yes
Does she continuously show off her wealth? Yes.

• Heart

Farmer Sam

VIP Member
Does Lewis never ever seem to wear trousers? Yes.
Does she mess with her skin a lot? Yes.
Does she filter and edit her photos? Yes.

• Haha

Farmer Sam

VIP Member
Somewhere, right around Fulham and neighbouring areas there’s a huge existential crisis of women in their 20s and 30s with swishy blonde hair, designer loungewear and iPhone 13 Pro Maxes in meltdown at their inability to post their (often almost hidden) adverts for deodorant, baby sleep aids, dishwasher tabs, shampoo, home delivery meal kits or any other tat they can get paid to enthuse over for two days. 😬

• Haha

Truthslayer

VIP Member
Ooo they’re so hardcore, now they’ve brought out cards against humanity!
At this dinner party she has gone on Instagram at least 4 times to update. Sorry but when I’m having a great time I barely even look at my phone, let alone go on social media! It’s bloody rude!

She’s got private caterers in 😭🤣
of course she has! Have you seen the shitty recipes in her cookbook??

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Rondoodle

VIP Member
One of the strangest things about her holiday is the fact that she needed someone to book everything for her. Am I missing something? They didn’t actually do anything other than leave the resort for one dinner!

• Haha

openbook1

VIP Member
I do hope Alice is okay... she seems so insecure. Shame as I don't know why. She is attractive, had a good job (PT, not influencer), good income, a relationship, vacations, etc. It seems her insecurities came out more when Covid hit and she was having to be more of an "influencer" than a PT. I thought she seemed like a great PT and I feel it would do her the world of good to go back to it instead of getting even deeper into the vapid influencer world.
When I first followed her, I honestly thought she was a breath of fresh air...she seemed sincere and like a bundle of sunshine to be honest. I think she is lost and I hope she finds herself. She goes on about the "old" Alice as though it was bad but that is when I thought she seemed at her best. I think she tried to fill that void with the app which hasn't been very successful. I would root for her if she stepped back from IG and went back to in person training.

• Heart

MidnightToker

She says she has had Botox around her jawline to alter the shape but I think there is more gone on than that. She looked like Amanda Holden in a lot of her photos, who’s double her age and full of fillers with a totally different face shape!

Cringe photo!! Look at me gazing adoringly at my boyfriend!!! I’m so in love! 🙄
She says she has had Botox around her jawline to alter the shape but I think there is more gone on than that. She looked like Amanda Holden in a lot of her photos, who’s double her age and full of fillers with a totally different face shape!

Cringe photo!! Look at me gazing adoringly at my boyfriend!!! I’m so in love! 🙄
Is it just me or…

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16