Alice Liveing #14 Disingenuous fibber, I rarely use #ad. When I’m not on holiday I’m very very sad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh food freedom is still toxic to those with eating disorders. Shes portraying this vision that an ED/ disordered eating is denying yourself chocolate and junk food etc. Not every restrictive eating disorder is like that so “food freedom” isn’t letting yourself eat chocolate, she’s being super reductionist. I don’t understand why she’s even advising on diet.

In the height of my ED I would still eat McDonald’s every week. I lived on chicken nuggets. I still had a roast on Sundays. People like me probably feel quite invalidated by this narrative. Infact the kinds of foods on would deny myself made no sense whatsoever (I mean you’re hardily sane with an ED). Its just perpetuating that disordered eating looks a certain way.
completely agree, in 2016 I was at my absolute lowest with an eating disorder, thinnest I have ever been by a country mile, mentally so unwell but I still lived on red bull and sugary doughnuts. The issue was it was ‘a’ doughnut a day and a couple of red bulls. Her idea of food freedom seems to just mean indulging in a ‘naughty’ food group and telling the world. Food freedom is just following hunger queues/cravings regardless of food group and not pinning a certain emotion to that food (imo) like guilt/regret etc and quite honestly waking up and already having forgot you ate a McDonald’s the night before.

Reactions: 7
Has it been checked, the cutting ties with the previous publisher? The books no longer in print? She no longer receives any payments or royalties…?
She doesn’t receive royalties, and probably never has, because the book hasn’t sold enough. She must’ve got her advance and that’s that.

Reactions: 2
She doesn’t receive royalties, and probably never has, because the book hasn’t sold enough. She must’ve got her advance and that’s that.
I think these books are the literary equivalent of the influencer fashion lines. Here today and done tomorrow. Hope she saved some of that advance!

Reactions: 5
I found that podcast unpleasant to listen to. Alice was a significant contributing factor (although my no means the only one) to the worst of my own eating disorder. All of what she says about the wider environment, being young etc. is totally true but it was frustrating that I felt she only gave lip service to personal accountability. Even when she talks about the guilt she feels it’s from the perspective of how feeling that guilt impacts her. And Grace minimises minimises minimises. No one said she committed a crime Grace - but she made a lot of money and established herself in her career by posting a lot of damaging stuff.

I wouldn’t for a moment claim she is a bad person or ever intended to hurt anyone. They were very young girls propelled to a huge platform and believed what they were saying. But it’s so frustrating to me she has never properly apologised (as far as I’m aware) and I’ve never seen any evidence that she has tried in any real way to make up for that. Not asking for sackcloth and ashes but just a genuine acknowledgement that she got it wrong without immediately seeking to minimise/explain/sell us something new. I’d probably stick in a donation to an ED unit if it were me.

Now she is in the new trend and profiting off that with a new book. I’m not suggesting she doesn’t believe what she’s saying now (like she did the first time) but the sheer arrogance of publishing another self help book with a different lens after she got it so badly wrong and negatively impacted so many people! Who would put themselves forward as someone to learn from?

At one point she says she’s grateful she went on that journey because it’s brought her to a life she’s happy with. What about the people who bought into her nonsense? Are they happy now? Does she care?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You can tell she’s had masseter Botox as well. Her jaw is way slimmer

Reactions: 3
she’s only acknowledged the damage to her own mental health and life - not that of others who were “influenced” by her. That’s what’s so bleeping bad. She only cares about herself in this situ. She’s not even apologised. Only regrets these bloody books because of what they did to HER and her lifestyle. duck off Alice and take some responsibility you moron.

Reactions: 13
I think I’ve been blocked and I don’t know why…. Unless she’s deleted her account?!

Reactions: 1
I think these books are the literary equivalent of the influencer fashion lines. Here today and done tomorrow. Hope she saved some of that advance!
Sad truth in publishing is that actual authors, who don’t spend their lives growing a social media following, rarely get their foot through the door for their books. People like Alice get handed book deals like it’s nothing. And in reality, it is nothing because those crappy books don’t go much further than the few muggy followers.
I think I’ve been blocked and I don’t know why…. Unless she’s deleted her account?!
did you happen to dare so much as “like” a comment even vaguely questioning her? Doesn’t even have to be on one of her posts

Reactions: 6
Sad truth in publishing is that actual authors, who don’t spend their lives growing a social media following, rarely get their foot through the door for their books. People like Alice get handed book deals like it’s nothing. And in reality, it is nothing because those crappy books don’t go much further than the few muggy followers.

did you happen to dare so much as “like” a comment even vaguely questioning her? Doesn’t even have to be on one of her posts
Possibly! Gutted I enjoyed watching the rollercoaster life.

Reactions: 1
Possibly! Gutted I enjoyed watching the rollercoaster life.
Some people have a second account for their animal or whatever. You could do that?

also why is she deleting and blocking. How insecure.
Guessing she figures out who it is based on posts and pics after we view her stories. What a waste of time. God Alice, go live your life in your new ugly pointy cowboy boots. (My opinion only)

Some people have a second account for their animal or whatever. You could do that?

also why is she deleting and blocking. How insecure.
Guessing she figures out who it is based on posts and pics after we view her stories. What a waste of time. God Alice, go live your life in your new ugly pointy cowboy boots. (My opinion only)
I’m with you. Those boots are horrid. But probably some sort of “investment piece”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Lucky Paddy, only weeks before their wedding he finds out via insta that he isn’t actually the love of his fiancées life, that accolade goes to her best mate 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Lucky Paddy, only weeks before their wedding he finds out via insta that he isn’t actually the love of his fiancées life, that accolade goes to her best mate 🤷🏻‍♀️
This is such an odd thing for her to say! Like we know she’s batshit cray cray but surely you wouldn’t call anyone except your fiance the ‘love of your life’ … he’s got about 10 Alice’s in his life!
---
Actually scratch the above … no one can find this guy attractive 😂
IMG_2060.jpeg

• Haha
This is such an odd thing for her to say! Like we know she’s batshit cray cray but surely you wouldn’t call anyone except your fiance the ‘love of your life’ … he’s got about 10 Alice’s in his life!
---
Actually scratch the above … no one can find this guy attractive 😂
View attachment 2774169
Add a picture of his wallet and he suddenly becomes irresistible.

She loves his hedge fund and investment portfolio 😂😂😂😊😊...also as a skank who has a tax free childcare account and lives month to month not sure if that's the right lingo 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.