Alice Liveing #14 Disingenuous fibber, I rarely use #ad. When I’m not on holiday I’m very very sad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the remaining books are all that’s left and no more are being printed why doesn’t she just buy them all or pay the publisher to destroy them.

Reactions: 3
I imagine it more a case of the publisher having no further association with Alice rather than the other way round

Reactions: 7
I imagine it more a case of the publisher having no further association with Alice rather than the other way round
Exactly, if her old publishers hadn’t dropped her she’d still be with them writing some form of new fitness/health book

Reactions: 2
Food freedom is just another type of food obsession. There are so many wishy-washy definitions of it but it all boils down to creating another term for a poor relationship with food. I'm not sure what food freedom actually is, but I'll tell you what it's not - scoffing junk food on camera in an effort to show that chocolate isn't a big deal to you at all and that actually, you're FREE!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh bore off and rake some responsibility you utter twit.
Once again going through life never having to face any ramifications for their actions. Humans make mistakes, and tattle commentators are trolls. Maybe have some morals and accountability especially if you make all of your money (too much money) off of the sometimes vulnerable public

Reactions: 4
Food freedom is just another type of food obsession. There are so many wishy-washy definitions of it but it all boils down to creating another term for a poor relationship with food. I'm not sure what food freedom actually is, but I'll tell you what it's not - scoffing junk food on camera in an effort to show that chocolate isn't a big deal to you at all and that actually, you're FREE!!!!
Yeah Alice shows an example of what food freedom isn’t. The phrase doesn’t apply to the average person, it’s a genuine thing from those recovering from restrictive EDs where they were genuinely scared to eat a chocolate bar- it’s just a way of saying it’s okay. Bingeing junk food is not food freedom, the phrase has been appropriated 😂

• Heart
I seem to have been blocked - presumably for liking one of the comments about her books. Think it might even have been the one on that other podcast page rather than Alice’s 🤣🤣 the levels of petty are unreal 🤣 how on earth will I cope without being able to see all her tit?!

Reactions: 9
Has it been checked, the cutting ties with the previous publisher? The books no longer in print? She no longer receives any payments or royalties…?

Reactions: 1
Tbh food freedom is still toxic to those with eating disorders. Shes portraying this vision that an ED/ disordered eating is denying yourself chocolate and junk food etc. Not every restrictive eating disorder is like that so “food freedom” isn’t letting yourself eat chocolate, she’s being super reductionist. I don’t understand why she’s even advising on diet.

In the height of my ED I would still eat McDonald’s every week. I lived on chicken nuggets. I still had a roast on Sundays. People like me probably feel quite invalidated by this narrative. Infact the kinds of foods on would deny myself made no sense whatsoever (I mean you’re hardily sane with an ED). Its just perpetuating that disordered eating looks a certain way.

Reactions: 10
If she really wanted to, as she says, 'not repeat' the same mistakes, she would stop being an influencer. Just because she's not posting the Clean Eating Alice stuff, it's still a 'career' that causes harm

It doesn't really matter if she doesn't financially benefit from her old books, she's financially benefitting from her new book telling you how to fix the problems she contributed to causing. If we all did our jobs horrifically badly and then went whoops that was bad but how about you keep paying me to fix it all then our employers would tell us to get lost. It's not just a 'mistake' in my eyes when its your literal job/ business.

Reactions: 11
Filming yourself eating chocolate doesn't strike me as being food freedom. Surely food freedom is doing this without needing to make a big deal out of it? True food freedom would be not thinking about it at all and just eating the damn chocolate without attention seeking. I've given myself the ick by saying 'food freedom' that many times!!!

Reactions: 13
If she really wanted to, as she says, 'not repeat' the same mistakes, she would stop being an influencer. Just because she's not posting the Clean Eating Alice stuff, it's still a 'career' that causes harm
Or she could have built her following back up, from zero, with a new account and not just changed the name on the one that gained her all of the followers and engagement from the toxic, harmful crap she was pedalling.

Reactions: 6
I seem to have been blocked - presumably for liking one of the comments about her books. Think it might even have been the one on that other podcast page rather than Alice’s 🤣🤣 the levels of petty are unreal 🤣 how on earth will I cope without being able to see all her tit?!
Same here

• Wow
Same!!!!! Lol 😆 What a fragile little twit she is.

• Wow
Just decided to treat myself to some chocolate after going to the gym this morning. Couldn’t believe the level of food freedom I felt. I almost felt like I needed to set up my camera and record myself doing so, whilst pretending to not notice it was there.

p.s. I didn’t think it would take long to be posting quotes on her story to make everything seem okay, as Alice did earlier.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.