Alexandra Cane

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Sun

Menu

Hide the menu

ShowbizCelebrity
ALEX WEEPS Love Island’s Alexandra Cane breaks down in tears as she quits social media sobbing ‘you don’t know the full story’
Jamie Downham
10:18, 4 Sep 2020Updated: 10:27, 4 Sep 2020
Comment now
LOVE Island star Alexandra Cain has quit social media in tears after getting "bashed" online.

The 29-year-old said she was leaving for the sake of her mental health, telling her critics: "You don't know the full story."

Alexandra Cane wept in an emotional Instagram video last night
Alexandra Cane wept in an emotional Instagram video last nightCredit: Instagram
Alexandra, who has lost two stone, was upset after some fans called her irresponsible for saying that your periods can stop during exercise.

Speaking last night, she told fans: "I just had to come on here to say a few things quickly just before I disappear off social media. Quite honestly I need to for my own mental sake.

"It's funny isn't it how you click on the people's profiles who are bashing you and they're the first people to be posting about mental health and not tearing other people down because you don't know what battles they're facing behind closed doors.

"Well it's funny now the shoe's on the other foot, isn't it?"

The star said she was quitting social media after being 'bashed' by critics
The star said she was quitting social media after being 'bashed' by criticsCredit: Instagram
She insisted: 'I have never normalised anything to do with loss of periods due to exercise'
She insisted: 'I have never normalised anything to do with loss of periods due to exercise'Credit: Instagram
The upset star spoke directly to her critics in a post last night
The upset star spoke directly to her critics in a post last nightCredit: Instagram
She added: "My intentions have never been to hurt anybody or cause anybody any distress or pain or any problems.

"My fitness plan I launched was all done with a professional, very credible nutritionist - I've never recommended anything other than what the government guidelines state.

"For anyone that is bashing me, please remember that. I have never normalised anything to do with loss of periods due to exercise etc.

"I merely said it's something that can happen within the industry and not enough people speak about it so I wish to share my experience at some point in the future.

The star shot to fame on the summer edition of Love Island in 2018
The star shot to fame on the summer edition of Love Island in 2018Credit: ITV
She was briefly coupled up with Dr Alex George in the villaCredit: Rex Features
MOST READ IN CELEBRITY
'I LOVE YOU'Pregnant Kate Ferdinand shows off her big baby bump on luxury holiday with Rio
GHOSTEDDeclan Donnelly discovered he's related to billionaires but they’re ignoring him
"My reasons why: certain things that happened to me. There are other factors have have come into play regarding this which I don't wish to speak on.

"Just remember you see glimpses of part of people's lives on social media but you don't know the full story. You opinions are just opinions, not facts."

She added: "I need to channel my energy into something positive rather than feeding into the negative because that is how life should be lived."

Alexandra appeared in the 2018 series of Love Island where she was briefly coupled up with Dr Alex George.

Inside Alexandra Cane's gorgeous white home with Morrocan themes after fans help her transform her living room
TOPICS
Alexandra Cane
FOLLOW THE SUN
About Us
Editorial Complaints
Clarifications and Corrections
News Licensing
Advertising
Contact Us
Commissioning Terms
Help Hub
Topic A-Z
Cookie Settings
Contact Preferences
©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. View our online Press Pack. For other inquiries, Contact Us. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)

Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here.

Why do all z listers scream about their mental health or reference Caroline Flack whenever they’re called out or rightly criticised for something? Alexandra is not qualified to advise people on weight loss, I’ve seen her ’what I eat in a day’ videos and its pretty clear she lost weight through eating less than 1200 calories and over exercising, not through 10 minute HIIT sessions.

Reactions: 29
I’m sorry but a loss of period how the duck can that be normal in any way shape or form!!
You reap what you sow Alexandra and I’m glad your taking a break as no one needs to see someone so self absorbed and loves them self as you do!!

Reactions: 13
The fact she did a 10000 calories challenge says it all... obviously she restricted herself so much to be able to do that. Loss of period is so dangerous for bone health as well.

Reactions: 6
This woman is in the grip of a serious eating disorder. I've been there myself but would NEVER have forgiven myself if I'd tried to drag others down the road to hell with me and charged them for the privilege.

Reactions: 15
This woman is in the grip of a serious eating disorder. I've been there myself but would NEVER have forgiven myself if I'd tried to drag others down the road to hell with me and charged them for the privilege.
Totally agree!
when you’ve been there yourself it’s very easy to spot in others

Reactions: 9
Totally agree!!
Selling people a tit eating and exercise plan so so bad!
Glad she had been pulled up on this

It’s sad really... she should be more responsible. I loved how she wasn’t a typical stereotypical girl on love island. She had curves and looked amazing. It’s sad she thinks she wasn’t good enough

Reactions: 10
The body building pose combined with the lip syncing cringefest this morning has sent me over the edge. She would eat herself if she would allow the extra calories 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I thought she left social media? I unfollowed her a while ago but seen an article somewhere of her crying saying she was quitting social media. Didnt last long then! It's a shame because she seemed so down to earth with a lovely body on both Love Island and Celeb Coach Trip. Probably got some sort of issues which hopefully she gets sorted

Reactions: 4
It’s actually sad how much of a disorder she has. I wonder if she will rebound as I just can’t see it being maintainable.

She’s for sure ruined her metabolism!!! Tbh is it really worth the restriction to have abs? I think in time she will rebound as her body is not at its ideal weight and the more she restricts the harder it will be to maintain as all her body needs is nourishment :( makes me sad

She’s for sure ruined her metabolism!!! Tbh is it really worth the restriction to have abs? I think in time she will rebound as her body is not at its ideal weight and the more she restricts the harder it will be to maintain as all her body needs is nourishment :( makes me sad
She definitely will.
I sustained this type of figure for a few years then went into a downward spiral of binge eating.
I’m surprised I maintained the low weight for so long.First it’s an obsession, then a way of life, then your mind/body takes over and forces you to eat because you’re so malnourished. The urge to binge is completely uncontrollable.

I feel sorry for her. It’s A horrible place to be at and she still has the worst to come.

I’m now happy and healthy 👍🏼 just sad to see my Past situation playing out on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I really do feel for her after reading her stories about her mum, it’s a tough situation. I do think she is too slim though, her periods will come back/become more regular once she increases her healthy body fat. I didnt have one for nearly a year because I was underweight. Hopefully the natural remedies shes looking into will help her stress levels.

Reactions: 4
So she now has 6 Instagram accounts? Her main one, one for travel, one for food, one for home, one for her plan and a new one which is basically pictures of her in white?! It's a tad excessive but maybe one account of eye-bleeping herself isn't enough 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.