Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
I'm not sure on the technicalities as I don't know the extended details on the ins and outs of the case and nor would I claim to be a legal expert. I was seeking clarification more than anything.

Perhaps someone who can translate from legalese can put it in plain English for the likes of me!
I know some facts about the law but like you, I am certainly no legal eagle. It would be good to have an expert opinion on this.

Alex seemed to do well at cross examination of Jeremy Vine in court. He seemed to be thorough and put a good case in his defence, especially the part about whether Vine's upset was for his father rather than over himself. But, obviously Alex is not legally trained and I wonder if mistakes in the sentencing have been made and not picked up on. I really hope he hires a solicitor to go over this with a very fine toothcomb, especially the restraining order for those he was found not guilty of harrassing.

Reactions: 1

Pimpinella

Chatty Member
If only life was that easy, if you block someone they can simply make another account, another email address and of course send their “free speech” mob against anyone they please. I think if any of us were subjected to the abuse that his victims were we would be worried for our families safety at some point.

May I also add for those defending “free speech” free speech does not mean hate speech is ok, also let me ask you this, if you believe in free speech for all, should ISIS be allowed to have a YouTube channel and a Twitter account? To freely express their views after all?
DId Vine not get an injunction or do a global block? Ask YT to take stuff down? Not really been following this and I have to admit that I think Jeremy Vine is a Grade A arsehole but frankly I'm surprised it actually got to Court when you see the stalking cases that don't... or is it because he is on the telly?

Re the comment re ISIS - they've been utilising social media very effectively for a long time - how do you think people are being radicalised in their bedrooms? However as THEY are classed as a TERRORIST organisation that little thought re free speech is a bit redundant..... https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...-social-media-rise-here-s-what-we-ncna1261307

The Alex Jones poster on the KP thread has disappeared since Bellfield got locked up 🤔
seems they all go quiet when he went to jail didn't past go and didn't collect the money he stolen for his begging bowls

Paz49 also has had a video removed like Truth Checkers by Belfield team for Deformation

seems Belfield minions don't like the truth been told

Last edited:

Adawu

VIP Member
I did Google and I found various contradictions. I guess my thinking was he wouldn't publicly lie to thousands of people especially when legals were involved. I think I said something on a thread here about him being a bit extreme and I got my arse handed to me, discussion about him and what was really going on was shut down.
Sorry that happened some very strange people on this thread.

Megadeth

I read the linked Twitter thread of Ben Hewis and couldn't find why Alex had such a problem with him. Is Ben famous or something?

Also, did Alex actually contact him directly? I couldn't make that out either from Ben's Twitter post.

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
You are conflating free speech with harassment. Continously threatening people with unsolicited
messages and via YouTube videos over several years is not free speech.
The Facebook messages and YouTube videos are different things. One of those is a direct contact, the other one is not.

Chita

VIP Member
See.

Hope he gets 10 years.

I wonder if the outcome would have been any different if he'd used all the donations he'd been taking for a defence lawyer over the last two years and spent them on a defence lawyer.

Can't he be done for that, too?
Isn't that fraud?

Interested to see what sentence he gets.

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
You seem to think the punishment should be based on what happened and not what someone made people think might happen.
Unless Alex explicitly said he had a bomb, I don't see how he can be held responsible for someone thinking he had one.

This sentence is particularly concerning as it comes days after people in Essex were threatened with arrest for holding up a Russian flag and a man was arrested for saying something to "Prince" Andrew as he walked past. I feel that there is an element of censoring free speech. Some of the evidence used was Alex's YouTube channel where he discussed the alleged 'victims'. This is not a direct method of contact and I struggle to see how it can be classed as any form of contact. It makes me wonder if they are trying to send a message out to anyone who chooses to speak their mind publicly. It is very concerning.

ohannie

VIP Member
I love how half his videos show a selection of BBC DVDs in the background when he's usually slagging off the BBC. Just telling his moronic fans what they want to hear while doing something else (such as getting vaccinated.

He seems like a dodgy guy. He went to Florida and Las Vegas. He's certainly been making the most of those donations. He seemed to be going first class on those flights too. You gotta wonder where the money came from. Wasn't his channel demonetised months ago?
It was back in February for all the Covid lies he was posting and other things was published in the Times Newspaper who he threat to sue for a few weeks but that stopped

Now he’s posted the video from his phone in paywall last night on to YouTube where he rambles on for 16 minutes but as usual just gives numbers from a sheet of paper

Liar Liar again doesn’t show the real evidence again of receipts like he promised before and yesterday

But the sheep still attack the so called trolls that have called him out for months he’s running scared now because everything is coming down on him

02E6EC24-E97C-49CE-8822-EDEE6B7CC143.jpeg
10am tomorrow morning for Alex Belfield sentence at Nottingham Crown Court in Court 1

Last edited:

ohannie

VIP Member
I could kick myself. I completely believed all his rants and tweets. I believed him when he said he was persecuted by the police, bbc, Vine and all of them. I completely and totally believed him. He made out the court case was going to be him challenging all the big companies and organisations. I didn’t realise it was HIM being pulled into court for HIS actions. I was shocked when I heard the first days evidence and them his upmost stupidity at representing himself and being unwilling to get into the witness box. He completely pulled the wool over my eyes, I almost sent him money!
It only took about two seconds of googling to see what he was being charged with.

It can't be a coincidence that his followers always seem to be lacking in good judgement and, in Alex's words, "hard of thinking". I suppose people have to be to find that kind of thing entertaining or information.

pepe le pew

VIP Member
Love him or hate him or indifferent to him this sentence should shock everyone !!!!!
I nearly burst out crying when I saw it. And I think he's a twat.
It could be you next.
And people calling him vile are rejoicing at a man being sentenced for not really doing much harm except by words, compared to other criminals.
We all speak venom about others on Tattle.
EXACTLY. Of what. I read or watched on Alex’s channel he asked ‘smack’ about people. Exactly what we do here.

Adawu

VIP Member
It’s really really really difficult to become a barrister. Years of training, exceptionally high pass marks to achieve, even then having to be even better than all the other people who achieve the same and, of course, a small element of luck of it all coming together for you.

But hurhur, ‘hurty words’/whataboutpeados/thejudgewastooemotjonal’

bloody hell, he committed a crime that has a recommended sentence - it’s not been pulled out of the ether. Anyone who has spent any time, even on jury service, can tell you that’s just not how it works.
Grand please explain the Katie Price community service then!

He nearly caused one of the victims to take his own life this shows Alex Belfield even causes people to nearly take there own life because of the abuse he’s done to them
Don't remember any police report of this. A luvvie looking for some pity

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Had no idea that he’d been harassing Iain Lee as well. This clip in particular is very disturbing and suggests that there is something very ‘wrong ‘with Belfield. He seems to take pleasure in causing hurt and distress to others.

• Sad