Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Try listening to Vine on his Radio 2 show, where he interviews politicians as well as "ordinary" people. He's a bloody fantastic journalist.
Ok, I'll bow to your greater knowledge. I've only ever seen him on gameshows and that awful panel programme on 5 ... probably says more about me! 😬

JM_02

He's gay. It was never a secret, he just didn't mention it on his videos and often made homophobic comments about gay celebrities in order to please his audience, who he quite rightly assumed to be thick and ignorant. He lived with his ex-boyfriend for a few years and was dating a different man back when he worked for the BBC. It seems that in the trial he claimed he couldn't have been harassing one of his victims based on his sexuality because he shares the same sexuality, which the judge quite rightly determined to be nonsense because that's exactly what he'd done.
Still seems conflicting. When he was reading out the court transcripts on his YouTube channel, he read out a section where he recounted to the court that acouple of people when he worked at the BBC had asked how is new girlfriend was and referred to her as ‘ miss bellend’ This of course he took umbrage to.

Hollie Day

VIP Member
Yeah I know that. But from the sounds of it, he wasn’t out in the bushes watching him so was it the videos that he made that are classed as stalking or was there more contact?
Online stalking. It was described in court as a 'relentless online stalking campaign'
I believe there were other victims too, not just JV.

Now he’s changed his tune in this video today at lunchtime he said first it was £300k then it’s £350k now it’s £225k which one is it.

Also he’s said for months he show he’s paid his legal team but to see evidence of his so called receipts you got to pay him Away to F*** and show it public Alex or is that there no evidence and it was actually to fund your staking trial and not to sue the bbc or police can’t believe people are still following his BULLSHIT LIES

Here’s the video and comments are turned on

The Crown Prosecution Service describes stalking as:

Stalking is not legally defined but section 2A (3) of the PHA 1997 lists a number of examples of behaviours associated with stalking. The list is not an exhaustive one but gives an indication of the types of behaviour that may be displayed in a stalking offence. The listed behaviours are:
(a) following a person,
(b) contacting, or attempting to contact, a person by any means,
(c) publishing any statement or other material relating or purporting to relate to a person, or purporting to originate from a person,
(d) monitoring the use by a person of the internet, email or any other form of electronic communication,
(e) loitering in any place (whether public or private),
(f) interfering with any property in the possession of a person,
(g) watching or spying on a person.

I would think B and C were Belfield's main crimes. The police use the FOUR acronym to describe behaviour that's considered stalking, which seems to sum up Belfield's tweets and videos about certain people:

Fixated
Obsessive
Unwanted
Repeated
Thanks for the info 😊
So am I right in thinking in regards to C that it’s not that he made the videos, but more the number of videos? I mean I understand the contacting him/his family side of it but I thought talking about people in the public eye was fair game. Like with all the drama channels on YouTube or even sites like this one.

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
Another quote from the judge
That is because it led you to
direct a flood of abuse towards him, despite a rapid apology and retraction from him.
You claimed in multiple communications to have hired and paid lawyers to sue Mr
Hewis. Those statements were false. This was intimidatory behaviour towards a man
who felt his family and home were at risk
I am not sure how claiming legal action was being taken can count as being intimidatory.

Seems a YouTube channel has leaked Alex Belfield paywall stream to everyone sure it only be up till it ends to avoid copyright strike takedown by Belfield

BigMavis

VIP Member
It only took about two seconds of googling to see what he was being charged with.

It can't be a coincidence that his followers always seem to be lacking in good judgement and, in Alex's words, "hard of thinking". I suppose people have to be to find that kind of thing entertaining or information.
I did Google and I found various contradictions. I guess my thinking was he wouldn't publicly lie to thousands of people especially when legals were involved. I think I said something on a thread here about him being a bit extreme and I got my arse handed to me, discussion about him and what was really going on was shut down.

Adawu

VIP Member
Belfied was only actually sentenced to 13 weeks for his stalking/harassment of Vine. The 5 years is because he has 4 consecutive sentences against 4 victims. The most serious were 2 years 6 months.

Is publishing Jeremy Vine’s home address to a mass audience free speech? Is encouraging people to contact Vine over false allegations and to find private information about his family also free speech? All resulting in Vine receiving thousands of abusive tweets.
Abusive tweets! The poor luv.

He did both.
Evidence?