Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Adawu

VIP Member
They forced entry to seize his computers as part of an investigation of his crimes. They had a warrant and he refused to let them in. If he'd wanted his door to remain in one piece he should have just opened it since they were going in either way. Interestingly he's deleted his videos of this incident and of them "removing their numbers" since they're evidence in one of his two upcoming trials (where he is yet again the defendant).
What upcoming trials does he have?

They forced entry to seize his computers as part of an investigation of his crimes. They had a warrant and he refused to let them in. If he'd wanted his door to remain in one piece he should have just opened it since they were going in either way. Interestingly he's deleted his videos of this incident and of them "removing their numbers" since they're evidence in one of his two upcoming trials (where he is yet again the defendant).
That's correct as DC Percival is also suing Alex for £100k I heard also he also got the Jeremy Vine case aswell which Alex already lost £25k for non compliance.

JAR21

VIP Member
So what happens if he's found guilty? Is it a fine, restraining order or a prison sentence he's facing?

margaretta

VIP Member
More on the settlement...

Really don’t waste your time watching this.
It is 6 mins telling you what a settlement is and why you won’t know the details of this one.

Am getting fed up with these vloggers who make videos about nothing but tagging in cases of interest for the traffic.

wibble

VIP Member
Hello Alex 👋 Have they let on the internet for a few hours?
Gosh, Oscar Wilde reborn.

He wasn't just criticising people on his youtube channel, it was more than just "slagging off."

Id only seen bits of his vids in the Harry and Meghan threads. Didnt realise the extent of his 'work.'

And if hes taken 'donations' to fund his legal defence andvthen defended himself then thats fraud, surely?

The video in this link is private, but Iain Lee's comment gives an idea of what Belfield did.

I've said he certainly went too far on the trans presenter.... but then many people go way to far on the trans issue.
And fair enough, he's done what he has done, he's been sentenced and he'll have to serve his time.

But...

How much of this is to do with him doing shows with Katie Hopkins?
And the whole thing reminds me of something out of Garrison Keillor's Radio Romance.

Last edited:

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
Twitter followers to harass you, send you several hundred emails, encouraged you to kill yourself
I am not disputing that there is a strong weighted potential claim for harrassment there.

From what has been released on to social media, it sounds as though the threat of legal action was used as a part of the harrassment, and could have been a contributor to the severity of Alex Belfield's sentence. This does not seem right to me.

Diverting slightly, does anyone know if Alex had any previous convictions? If he had a lengthy criminal record, then that might make his sentence seem more reasonable.

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
I'm not sure why random other cases keep being brought up as if they have any bearing on this case. Lock Belfield up, lock Price up, lock paedophiles up. Next.
When there appears to be an imbalance of severity in sentencing, one questions of the sentencing system is fair.

If you had two children.

Child A smashed the front window with a brick. They then tipped the dustbin upside down and threw a milk bottle at daddy.

Child B stayed up playing video games when told to go to sleep at bedtime.

AND

Child A was grounded for a day.

Child B was grounded for 2 weeks, deducted £20 pocket money and had their video games consfiscated for a month.

Would you say that is fair?

Chita

VIP Member
The jury started deliberating yesterday according to Nottingham Live.

Maybe there'll be a verdict today?

He's reading the parts of the transcript that don't make him sound bad, he isn't reading the full transcript. If he did that his daily videos about it would be 8+ hours long and not 45-60 minutes.

They are long enough as it is!
I lost the will to live trying to listen to all of one of 'em.