Alex Belfield

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I'm being harsh on the Vine's ... and I know it's my issue ... but it winds me up a bit when people get access to a great education and then decide to just become meeja 'celebrities', it just seems such a waste. ps. Tim is very much a Christian .. Jeremy obviously isn't given that 'forgiveness' is a major tenet of that religion.

The other thing that irritates me about Jeremy Vine is that he consistently invites Mike Parry on his TV show. Mike has a history of bullying people online, has been sacked numerous times from jobs in the broadcast media, and is a drunk. It boggles my mind to invite someone like that onto his programme. It's hypocritical at best considering the bullyiny Belfield has done.
Try listening to Vine on his Radio 2 show, where he interviews politicians as well as "ordinary" people. He's a bloody fantastic journalist.

Reactions: 1
Vine admits that neither Belfield or anyone else approached him. It was all in his head, Belfield is serving 5 years because Vine let him into his head. Ever hear of block Jeremy?
Blocking doesn't solve anything, it doesn't stop someone making false accusations about you, making endless videos about you, encouraging their followers to harass you.

If an ex-boyfriend made a woman feel that her life was in danger yet he never approached her he'd still be locked up. Calling with a bomb threat even though you haven't planted a bomb isn't okay.

Not liking a victim doesn't mean there was no crime.

Reactions: 6
Blocking doesn't solve anything, it doesn't stop someone making false accusations about you, making endless videos about you, encouraging their followers to harass you.

If an ex-boyfriend made a woman feel that her life was in danger yet he never approached her he'd still be locked up. Calling with a bomb threat even though you haven't planted a bomb isn't okay.

Not liking a victim doesn't mean there was no crime.
I didn't say there was no crime my point was that the punishment was disproportionate. Belfield did not make any bomb threats and he didn't approach anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I didn't say there was no crime my point was that the punishment was disproportionate. Belfield did not make any bomb threats and he didn't approach anyone.
You seem to think the punishment should be based on what happened and not what someone made people think might happen. This often happens with stalking victims when police say they can't actually do anything until the potential suspect has caused physical harm, and so don't do anything until it's too late. Belfield encouraged his followers to go after Vine, one of which then made a video announcing Vine's home address and asking people to turn up at his door to confront him. If you can't see the wrong in this then that's up to you, luckily the judge and jury did and that's what matters.

Reactions: 5
Vine admits that neither Belfield or anyone else approached him. It was all in his head, Belfield is serving 5 years because Vine let him into his head. Ever hear of block Jeremy?
Have you followed the case? There was many more victims than Vine!

Reactions: 4
Here's an example of a dissonant viewpoint. I think Jeremy Vine is a bit of a knob but I quite like him. He's my guilty pleasure. I will own the shame. :oops:

• Wow
Try listening to Vine on his Radio 2 show, where he interviews politicians as well as "ordinary" people. He's a bloody fantastic journalist.
Ok, I'll bow to your greater knowledge. I've only ever seen him on gameshows and that awful panel programme on 5 ... probably says more about me! 😬

I find his Radio 2 lunch time show irritating because it's full of self-important callers who seem to enjoy the sound of their own voices and think the public want nothing more than to hear their thoughts on something. Don't think I've seen him in anything other than Eggheads, which he's fine in but it's a pretty tedious game show because of the panel of quizzers. All this is irrelevant though, what Belfield did to him was unacceptable. Belfield's upcoming defamation trial should be interesting.

This isn’t over yet I think he’s about to be exposed ever more than befoee

Interesting I suspect there is loads of stories about belfield knocking about local radio stations 😬. But don't these radio types come across as a very odd bunch. It seems to attract a certain type. 😬😬

But don't these radio types come across as a very odd bunch. It seems to attract a certain type. 😬😬
100%. I'd say anyone who actively seeks a career in broadcast media (tv or radio) is best avoided ... probably why they all hang around with each other in their own little coterie.

You seem to think the punishment should be based on what happened and not what someone made people think might happen.
Unless Alex explicitly said he had a bomb, I don't see how he can be held responsible for someone thinking he had one.

This sentence is particularly concerning as it comes days after people in Essex were threatened with arrest for holding up a Russian flag and a man was arrested for saying something to "Prince" Andrew as he walked past. I feel that there is an element of censoring free speech. Some of the evidence used was Alex's YouTube channel where he discussed the alleged 'victims'. This is not a direct method of contact and I struggle to see how it can be classed as any form of contact. It makes me wonder if they are trying to send a message out to anyone who chooses to speak their mind publicly. It is very concerning.

Reactions: 1
Ok, I'll bow to your greater knowledge. I've only ever seen him on gameshows and that awful panel programme on 5 ... probably says more about me! 😬
I've never seen him on TV, but I listen to his R2 show every day. He's a trained journalist - he used to work on the Today programe and was a political reporter. His interviews are great because he has a really wide breadth of knowledge, and when he talks to everyday, non-political people, he has great empathy. His interview with the family of Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, the girl who died of an allergic reaction after eating a Pret sandwich, was just extraordinary.

He also happened to be on air when David Amess was murdered, and his handling of the breaking news was pitch-perfect.

Last edited:
Unless Alex explicitly said he had a bomb, I don't see how he can be held responsible for someone thinking he had one.
He has told people to "watch out", claimed the police were coming for them, that they'd be served court papers, that they'd lose their job, lose their homes, that they'd regret what they said, that they "should sleep with one eye open". Are these things "speaking one's mind"? The court didn't think so. He hasn't been jailed for his opinions, he's been jailed for his threats and harassment. It has literally nothing to do with freedom of speech. If he'd kept to making endless videos about Diane Abbott and Megan Markle he wouldn't be spending the next two Christmases behind bars.

Making videos can be classed as making contact when you're making false claims about someone and they're required to watch those videos in order to report specific time references to YouTube so they'll take them down.

I wonder what he was trying to make some guy's wife think sending her a photo of her own foetus after her husband criticised him on Twitter.

Reactions: 8
He has told people to "watch out", claimed the police were coming for them, that they'd be served court papers, that they'd lose their job, lose their homes, that they'd regret what they said, that they "should sleep with one eye open". Are these things "speaking one's mind"? The court didn't think so. He hasn't been jailed for his opinions, he's been jailed for his threats and harassment.
Is threatening to acquire the help of the police considered a violent threat? Also, I don't consider saying "watch out" to be a threat. It is literally saying watch out, look out, be aware, in my opinion.

Is threatening to acquire the help of the police considered a violent threat? Also, I don't consider saying "watch out" to be a threat. It is literally saying watch out, look out, be aware, in my opinion.
Good job your opinion means nothing at all then and he's safely locked away where he can do no harm 😗

He stalked people. Was found guilty in a court of law. Got a sentence. End of. 😂 :love:(y)