Alex Belfield

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello Alex 👋 Have they let on the internet for a few hours?
Gosh, Oscar Wilde reborn.

He wasn't just criticising people on his youtube channel, it was more than just "slagging off."

Id only seen bits of his vids in the Harry and Meghan threads. Didnt realise the extent of his 'work.'

And if hes taken 'donations' to fund his legal defence andvthen defended himself then thats fraud, surely?

The video in this link is private, but Iain Lee's comment gives an idea of what Belfield did.

I've said he certainly went too far on the trans presenter.... but then many people go way to far on the trans issue.
And fair enough, he's done what he has done, he's been sentenced and he'll have to serve his time.

But...

How much of this is to do with him doing shows with Katie Hopkins?
And the whole thing reminds me of something out of Garrison Keillor's Radio Romance.

Last edited:
If Alex is such a danger, then why was he not held on remand after the conviction?

In my opinion, prison should only be used for public safety, to keep dangerous people away from society.

If it was up to me, I would have given Alex 200 hours of community service, a three year suspended sentence and made him pay a victim surcharge and even that sounds harsh for online behaviour of a man of previous good character.
The judge wanted to make an example of him upsetting all those media luvvies. All he was was a keyboard warrior! He was never going to do anything. Was anyone assaulted or robbed? Did he groom any children? The answer is NO but people who do get probation in the courts every day. Look at Katie Price flips a car while disqualified, drunk and high, what does she get? Community service. I'm no fan of Alex Belfield but I do not think he was treated fairly.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The judge wanted to make an example of him upsetting all those media luvvies.
Do you truly believe that? If that IS the case it's truly frightening. I will say one thing, when Vine said: "He's the Jimmy Saville of Trolling" I thought he was playing to the gallery. To me, all these 'media luvvies' are narcissistic pricks and desperate attention-seekers. Belfield just rose to become the biggest prick of the lot and possibly a dangerous one. There's only one good thing I can say about Alex ... he never rode around London on a bleeping penny farthing deliberately causing problems for traffic. Look at me!!!! Look at me!!!!

Reactions: 5
Do you truly believe that? If that IS the case it's truly frightening. I will say one thing, when Vine said: "He's the Jimmy Saville of Trolling" I thought he was playing to the gallery. To me, all these 'media luvvies' are narcissistic pricks and desperate attention-seekers. Belfield just rose to become the biggest prick of the lot and possibly a dangerous one. There's only one good thing I can say about Alex ... he never rode around London on a bleeping penny farthing deliberately causing problems for traffic. Look at me!!!! Look at me!!!!
As I said I'm not a fan just can't see how he got 5 years and KP who could have killed herself or someone else got community service?

Reactions: 11
As I said I'm not a fan just can't see how he got 5 years and KP who could have killed herself or someone else got community service?
Don't forget that great talent of our times 'Ant' of 'Ant and Dec' fame ... lucky not to kill someone while off his head on pain-killers and booze while driving. Now he's on Prime Time Saturday night TV. Goodtimes.

• Heart
All he was was a keyboard warrior! He was never going to do anything.
You only know someone was never going to do something after they haven't done it. E.g. sending a "I've put a bomb in your building" email even if you had no intention of doing so is "only words" but can cause a legitimate level of panic and chaos, but because it's only words does that make it okay? You can still cause stress and ruin people's lives with the threats you're making towards them, like Belfield did to many people over almost a decade. The whatabouttery of other cases doesn't change anything - if you want stricter sentences for others then campaign for it, it's a different issue.

Reactions: 14
The judge wanted to make an example of him upsetting all those media luvvies. All he was was a keyboard warrior! He was never going to do anything. Was anyone assaulted or robbed? Did he groom any children? The answer is NO but people who do get probation in the courts every day. Look at Katie Price flips a car while disqualified, drunk and high, what does she get? Community service. I'm no fan of Alex Belfield but I do not think he was treated fairly.
Why are you minimising the experiences of his victims? He didn’t just attack ‘media luvvies’ he went for anyone who happened to cross him. That Is not normal behaviour IMO. It’s part of life that some people will upset us on occasion, but the normal adult human response is to let it go and get on with our lives. I’m quite disturbed by all the whataboutery and victim blaming going on with regards to this case and I do have to wonder if Belfield’s sentence has made some people reflect on their own behaviour and they are now shitting themselves? Fact is ‘free speech’ doesn’t entitle you to harass, threaten and cause distress to others.

Reactions: 22
Encouraging others to do the same isn't too clever either.
No It isn’t and Belfield did this as well. Jeremy Vine, Iain Lee and other victims are currently getting lots of abuse on Twitter. It was Belfield that stoked and fanned the flames of this.

Reactions: 10
It’s really really really difficult to become a barrister. Years of training, exceptionally high pass marks to achieve, even then having to be even better than all the other people who achieve the same and, of course, a small element of luck of it all coming together for you.

But hurhur, ‘hurty words’/whataboutpeados/thejudgewastooemotjonal’

bloody hell, he committed a crime that has a recommended sentence - it’s not been pulled out of the ether. Anyone who has spent any time, even on jury service, can tell you that’s just not how it works.

bloody hell, he committed a crime that has a recommended sentence - it’s not been pulled out of the ether. Anyone who has spent any time, even on jury service, can tell you that’s just not how it works.
But isn't it one of the first crimes of its type? So there's no precident to go by. Just sayin'. I'm no fan of his. Just quite interested in the case.

Reactions: 1
You only know someone was never going to do something after they haven't done it. E.g. sending a "I've put a bomb in your building" email even if you had no intention of doing so
Alex DIDN'T do that though. Having read the court document, I can't find any violent threats.

Exactly this ! And Ant being pissed whilst driving.

Reactions: 5
A suspended sentence would have surely given him a wake up call to stay away from the alleged victims. If he broke it, goes to prison.

Katie Price should have been jailed. She has had several driving bans/points and broke her ban to drive dangerously. She could seriously have killed someone and because of her previous history, how can we be sure she won't get behind the wheel again? She has already walked free with a ban and broke the ban.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Alex DIDN'T do that though. Having read the court document, I can't find any violent threats.
I didn't say he did, or that his threats were explicitly violent. It was example of how "it's only words" can be quite harmful. You're aware of the kind of threats he used: financially ruining people, ending their careers, publicly humiliating them, etc. People only knew he was full of tit after he was charged, but during the years this was going on they wouldn't have known. Someone wouldn't get away with threatening to chop someone's head off if it was later revealed they probably wouldn't have done it. The crime is in what you made someone believe you were going to do, not what you might have actually done.

A suspended sentence isn't any kind of punishment. Alex was always a "lock them away and throw away the keys!" kind of guy, so it's easy to assume he'd want the same if anyone else had done the same. He might have got off with a warning or suspended sentence if this had been a one off, but it wasn't... he'd been doing it to multiple people over many years.

I'm not sure why random other cases keep being brought up as if they have any bearing on this case. Lock Belfield up, lock Price up, lock paedophiles up. Next.

Exclusive leaked photo of Alex's first weekend in prison:

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I'm not sure why random other cases keep being brought up as if they have any bearing on this case. Lock Belfield up, lock Price up, lock paedophiles up. Next.
When there appears to be an imbalance of severity in sentencing, one questions of the sentencing system is fair.

If you had two children.

Child A smashed the front window with a brick. They then tipped the dustbin upside down and threw a milk bottle at daddy.

Child B stayed up playing video games when told to go to sleep at bedtime.

AND

Child A was grounded for a day.

Child B was grounded for 2 weeks, deducted £20 pocket money and had their video games consfiscated for a month.

Would you say that is fair?

FYI those who believe that Belfield's sentence was too harsh: his stalking was sophisticated and calculated, not to mention very public, plus two of his guilty verdicts involved Belfield blackmailing, harassing and stalking people from the LGBTQ+ community for a period that lasted up to NINE years. The latter point is key because targeting such minority groups increased the severity of his crime and culpability, according to sentencing guidelines.

I wrote this article yesterday, which is admittedly long, but might be of interest to those who have followed the case, but might not be aware of the wider context - more than happy to answer questions about it etc.

harassing and stalking people from the LGBTQ+ community for a period that lasted up to NINE years. The latter point is key because targeting such minority groups increased the severity of his crime and culpability, according to sentencing guidelines.
There was no charge for a trans, bi or homophobic offence.

No It isn’t and Belfield did this as well. Jeremy Vine, Iain Lee and other victims are currently getting lots of abuse on Twitter. It was Belfield that stoked and fanned the flames of this.
Even Ben Hewis got attacked on twitter by those two Anti Vax Muppets Right Said Fred lucky those two got called out

Reactions: 3
When there appears to be an imbalance of severity in sentencing, one questions of the sentencing system is fair.

If you had two children.

Child A smashed the front window with a brick. They then tipped the dustbin upside down and threw a milk bottle at daddy.

Child B stayed up playing video games when told to go to sleep at bedtime.

AND

Child A was grounded for a day.

Child B was grounded for 2 weeks, deducted £20 pocket money and had their video games consfiscated for a month.

Would you say that is fair?
I don't think one punishment should be less severe simply because a different bad behaviour was punished less severely. That doesn't make any sense to me. I'd rather every crime received an adequate punishment. As I said, lock Belfield up, lock paedophiles up (the favourite example with this seems to be pointing to some paedophiles who have "got away with it"). I don't think Belfield should be let off with a warning purely because sometimes people who have done more serious crimes have been sentenced comparatively less severely. Fair sentencing all round would mean he's inside for a couple of years to think about what he's done.

Reactions: 4