Alex Belfield

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unless Alex explicitly said he had a bomb, I don't see how he can be held responsible for someone thinking he had one.

This sentence is particularly concerning as it comes days after people in Essex were threatened with arrest for holding up a Russian flag and a man was arrested for saying something to "Prince" Andrew as he walked past. I feel that there is an element of censoring free speech. Some of the evidence used was Alex's YouTube channel where he discussed the alleged 'victims'. This is not a direct method of contact and I struggle to see how it can be classed as any form of contact. It makes me wonder if they are trying to send a message out to anyone who chooses to speak their mind publicly. It is very concerning.
You are conflating free speech with harassment. Continously threatening people with unsolicited
messages and via YouTube videos over several years is not free speech.

Reactions: 7
You are conflating free speech with harassment. Continously threatening people with unsolicited
messages and via YouTube videos over several years is not free speech.
The Facebook messages and YouTube videos are different things. One of those is a direct contact, the other one is not.

Reactions: 1
My opinion does mean something actually, I am a citizen of this country.
You being a citizen of this country has no bearing on the jury who concluded that what he sent were threats. You not considering something to be a threat when the law determines that it was makes your opinion irrelevant. If you want to change the decision then perhaps train as a lawyer and convince Belfield to utilise your skills instead of defending himself again if he appeals the decision.

Still not free speech.
The "they're taking away our freedom of speech!" brigade always seem to have trouble understanding what free speech actually means. It's odd... you'd think if you were desperate to keep something you'd actually know what that thing is.

Reactions: 10
This isnā€™t over yet I think heā€™s about to be exposed ever more than befoee

So why does this man need us to like and subscribe to his channel to be able to say what he says is "the truth"? Why couldn't he just spit it out in that video. It seems very clickbaity to me.

Reactions: 7
So why does this man need us to like and subscribe to his channel to be able to say what he says is "the truth"? Why couldn't he just spit it out in that video. It seems very clickbaity to me.
You keep on changing your argument which would suggest that you have no substance to support your position.

Reactions: 4
Alex said that when he saw the distress of his targets in court he now accepts they were victims and expressed genuine remorse. Sounds like even he can see that what he did was wrong, so it's weird he still has fans insisting that he was harmles.

If you don't enjoy clickbaity then I'd stay away from Alex's channel:

1663868340265.png

Reactions: 3
Pretty appalling to see some people on here not understanding the definition of free speech and it's place in the human rights act....
Human Rights Act 1988, Article 10 Freedom of expression
1 Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.

So if I put on my non existent YT channel or whatever that I think that Rylan is a giant hamster with a green aura or that Ozzy Osbourne is the rightful Pope - it may be nuts but it is my right and my freedom of expression as set out in law to say that. Just because you disagree with somebody does not make their opinion any less valid than yours... I can say my next door neighbour is an arse (which he is) but that is my right to say that.....

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Vine admits that neither Belfield or anyone else approached him. It was all in his head, Belfield is serving 5 years because Vine let him into his head. Ever hear of block Jeremy?
If only life was that easy, if you block someone they can simply make another account, another email address and of course send their ā€œfree speechā€ mob against anyone they please. I think if any of us were subjected to the abuse that his victims were we would be worried for our families safety at some point.

May I also add for those defending ā€œfree speechā€ free speech does not mean hate speech is ok, also let me ask you this, if you believe in free speech for all, should ISIS be allowed to have a YouTube channel and a Twitter account? To freely express their views after all?

Reactions: 2
Unless Alex explicitly said he had a bomb, I don't see how he can be held responsible for someone thinking he had one.

This sentence is particularly concerning as it comes days after people in Essex were threatened with arrest for holding up a Russian flag and a man was arrested for saying something to "Prince" Andrew as he walked past. I feel that there is an element of censoring free speech. Some of the evidence used was Alex's YouTube channel where he discussed the alleged 'victims'. This is not a direct method of contact and I struggle to see how it can be classed as any form of contact. It makes me wonder if they are trying to send a message out to anyone who chooses to speak their mind publicly. It is very concerning.
I am not a fan of Belfield but he definitely didn't deserve a 5 year sentence. He did not contact anyone directly or indirectly, Vine let him get into his head.

If only life was that easy, if you block someone they can simply make another account, another email address and of course send their ā€œfree speechā€ mob against anyone they please. I think if any of us were subjected to the abuse that his victims were we would be worried for our families safety at some point.

May I also add for those defending ā€œfree speechā€ free speech does not mean hate speech is ok, also let me ask you this, if you believe in free speech for all, should ISIS be allowed to have a YouTube channel and a Twitter account? To freely express their views after all?
Just block, block, block or stay off social media if you don't like what you are hearing.

DId Vine not get an injunction or do a global block? Ask YT to take stuff down? Not really been following this and I have to admit that I think Jeremy Vine is a Grade A hole but frankly I'm surprised it actually got to Court when you see the stalking cases that don't... or is it because he is on the telly?

Re the comment re ISIS - they've been utilising social media very effectively for a long time - how do you think people are being radicalised in their bedrooms? However as THEY are classed as a TERRORIST organisation that little thought re free speech is a bit redundant..... https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...-social-media-rise-here-s-what-we-ncna1261307

Belfied was only actually sentenced to 13 weeks for his stalking/harassment of Vine. The 5 years is because he has 4 consecutive sentences against 4 victims. The most serious were 2 years 6 months.

Is publishing Jeremy Vineā€™s home address to a mass audience free speech? Is encouraging people to contact Vine over false allegations and to find private information about his family also free speech? All resulting in Vine receiving thousands of abusive tweets.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Pretty appalling to see some people on here not understanding the definition of free speech and it's place in the human rights act....
Human Rights Act 1988, Article 10 Freedom of expression
1 Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.

So if I put on my non existent YT channel or whatever that I think that Rylan is a giant hamster with a green aura or that Ozzy Osbourne is the rightful Pope - it may be nuts but it is my right and my freedom of expression as set out in law to say that. Just because you disagree with somebody does not make their opinion any less valid than yours... I can say my next door neighbour is an arse (which he is) but that is my right to say that.....
Free speech us tempered if you use your speech to incite violence, harrass or alarm. Fundamental Himan Rights are tempered by the laws of the land. You don't have unlimited freedoms. If you think the law contravenes your human rights, you can make a complaint to the Supreme Court under the Human Rights Act. So he is welcome to do that.

Reactions: 8