Aldi and Lidl #2 so, how mochi do you want to try the mighty peas?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husbands away this weekend and I had to do a top up shop in Lidl so also got their version of B&J’s phish food, snicker bars and strawberry & lime cider. Please don’t tell me they’re rubbish 😂

Reactions: 2
My husbands away this weekend and I had to do a top up shop in Lidl so also got their version of B&J’s phish food, snicker bars and strawberry & lime cider. Please don’t tell me they’re rubbish 😂
I've also got the Lidl snickers in for the weekend, they're lovely! I think I might prefer both the Lidl mars and snickers to the real thing

Reactions: 3
I got the phish food this week to. It was fine but found it was very icy in texture rather than smooth and all the fish and sauce were down the bottom! It hadn’t thawed between Lidl and my freezer (5min walk and not a hot day!) so can only put it down to thawing in the shop. I probably wouldn’t buy it again, I’m very fussy about ice cream as it has to be exceptional to be worth eating!

got a free litre of olive oil in lidl tonight for spending over £20. seems like it's something to do with it being a new store. got given a "welcome card". good times

Reactions: 10
I enjoyed the Lidl phish food ice cream last night, worth it for the price I think. If I weren’t trying to lose weight I’d definitely buy it again soon 😂

Reactions: 1
Went to Lidl today and saw they’ve started doing a version of hard water. I love hard water so always on the look out. Really rate it. On the flip side wasn’t impressed with the Aldi one.

54BE515B-F1AD-4B01-BA78-2C3AD5CF68CE.jpeg

Do you buy chicken from Aldi - I ask because we are vegan and have a guest with us who is a meat eater and went into M and S tonight and they did not have any boneless chicken thighs but need to get some tomorrow. I bought some Aldi fillet steak earlier in the week and he said it was good so just wondered about the chicken as I have read some not too good reviews on line so thought I would ask here. I know they will not sell bad stuff but is it tasty ? thanks.

Do you buy chicken from Aldi - I ask because we are vegan and have a guest with us who is a meat eater and went into M and S tonight and they did not have any boneless chicken thighs but need to get some tomorrow. I bought some Aldi fillet steak earlier in the week and he said it was good so just wondered about the chicken as I have read some not too good reviews on line so thought I would ask here. I know they will not sell bad stuff but is it tasty ? thanks.
I always get my chicken from Aldi, their chicken thigh fillets are always tasty and juicy 😁

Reactions: 4
I bought some garlic and herb boneless thighs this week and some salt and pepper breasts, both were very nice

Aldi's seasoned 'roast in the bag' whole chicken is very nice.

I always get chicken from there but have also heard people say it's not great quality and they get theirs at sainsbury or tesco or whatever. Tbh I can't really tell a major difference, to me it's just chicken.

I always get chicken from there but have also heard people say it's not great quality and they get theirs at sainsbury or tesco or whatever. Tbh I can't really tell a major difference, to me it's just chicken.
:) Thanks all - will get the thighs and a roast in a bag as he can eat for England/Wales

Reactions: 6
OMFG
Bought the coconut mochi wondering what all the fuss was about.
Just remembered they are in the freezer so popped down for one ( two actually 😩 )
INSANELY GOOD

• Heart
So I popped in Lidl yesterday to get some fresh pastries and the caramel doughnuts are 👌 also got the multipack of their hula hoops as they include salt & vinegar and cheese & onion flavours and Aldi's multipack are only ready salted.:(

I became a convert to aldi when I couldn’t afford to shop at morrisons anymore when my husband was furloughed.
I’m really impressed by them and the steak is my absolute favourite.
The only thing I don’t rate is their frozen potato products, such as fries, waffles etc

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I became a convert to aldi when I couldn’t afford to shop at morrisons anymore when my husband was furloughed.
I’m really impressed by them and the steak is my absolute favourite.
The only thing I don’t rate is their frozen potato products, such as fries, waffles etc
Their frozen sweet potato fries don’t crisp up for me at all. Not very nice. Also don’t rate their frozen pizzas.

I think Aldi chicken is better than most other supermarkets’.

I buy the thigh fillets and use them for many dishes. They’re juicy when cooked with lots of flavour.

Reactions: 4
This Guatemalan ground coffee from Lidl is lovely, the past week I've tried their 'Colombian Supremo' which has the same packaging, only in red, very nice too.
Going to try their Indian ground coffee at some point.
20210808_081312.jpg

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.