Aldi and Lidl #2 so, how mochi do you want to try the mighty peas?

Which shop is your fav?

• Aldi

Votes: 304 77.4%
  • Lidl

Votes: 89 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to all things Aldi & Lidl, best buy, bad buys and everything in between. so far we have become obsessed with....

Chocolate pretzel bar😋
Mighty peas:love:
Rose wine
Dominoes knock off pizza and dip
sweets-percy pig dupes
Crisps
loads more but I cant remember
but we have a divide on the Mochi ice cream. :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Can't believe we are on thread 2 😆 I can't vote in the poll as I don't have a favourite. I'm a supermarket hussy and like both, depending on offers etc. If aldi did the app and coupons like lidl then I'd probably like it more.
Today is food shop day and like a good hussy, I'm off to both A&L. I've also got to step foot in Asda with the great unwashed as there are things I need that A&L don't do. I noticed next week is Caribbean week at Lidl. So hopefully some nice cocktails etc. My husband is after the aldi combined gas/charcoal bbq which hasn't been in stock for ages so I'm keeping an eye out just in case.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I cant decide if this or the Book thread is the best. Fight to the death using items from the middle aisle!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Can't believe we are on thread 2 😆 I can't vote in the poll as I don't have a favourite. I'm a supermarket hussy and like both, depending on offers etc. If aldi did the app and coupons like lidl then I'd probably like it more.
Today is food shop day and like a good hussy, I'm off to both A&L. I've also got to step foot in Asda with the great unwashed as there are things I need that A&L don't do. I noticed next week is Caribbean week at Lidl. So hopefully some nice cocktails etc. My husband is after the aldi combined gas/charcoal bbq which hasn't been in stock for ages so I'm keeping an eye out just in case.
I've voted Aldi as I only like the fresh pastries and flowers from Lidl :giggle: . I've not done a food shop in Asda for weeks thanks to this thread:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 8
Failed mission to Aldi today for Mighty Peas and Domino's dip. Not a sign of them! This is the second time I've gone looking for Mighty Peas. I've never wanted peas so bad!!

Anyone here from Ireland who has found the Domino's dip? I feel like I would have noticed if before now if it was in store. Wondering if we actually have this in Ireland?

Reactions: 2
Very successful trip to Aldi today! I am finally going to try the mighty peas! Don’t know why I bought 3 bags but I panicked 😂 got some of the cream and pineapple serum mentioned in previous thread, some hand soap, new Aldi perfume, the brioche buns and my absolute fave - the pretzel chocolate 😍 also got some German and Belgian beer for my husband that he can have while watching the euros 😂
Only thing I still can’t find is the mochi! 2 Aldis near me don’t seem to stock it, mabye it’s not in Scottish stores?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So I went to Aldi and there were no mighty peas and there was no label so I wonder if they are just a one off.:eek: I did pick up the cherry cola after someone mentioned it and it is lovely.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I really like the tropical crush drink from lidl 2 litres for 45p and it tastes exactly like Lilt

they also do these cookies that are coconut and dark chocolate they’re so good

Reactions: 11
I love all aldi own brand fizzy drinks. Although I saw a new one today and myself and my youngest cannot stop giggling over the name, Professor Peppy! It's a knock off of Dr Pepper and its OK, but there's something missing, it's not a complete dupe. Full freezer compartment of mighty peas in my store this morning, so there can't be any tattlers in my neck of the woods 😉

I really like the tropical crush drink from lidl 2 litres for 45p and it tastes exactly like Lilt

they also do these cookies that are coconut and dark chocolate they’re so good
Aldi’s tropical crush is our favourite, we rate it better than lidl. The asda version is disgusting, very artificial and you can feel the sweetener on your teeth.

Reactions: 5
I love all aldi own brand fizzy drinks. Although I saw a new one today and myself and my youngest cannot stop giggling over the name, Professor Peppy! It's a knock off of Dr Pepper and its OK, but there's something missing, it's not a complete dupe. Full freezer compartment of mighty peas in my store this morning, so there can't be any tattlers in my neck of the woods 😉

Aldi’s tropical crush is our favourite, we rate it better than lidl. The asda version is disgusting, very artificial and you can feel the sweetener on your teeth.
It does makes me laugh at how Cheeky Aldi are with their Dupes !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Who mentioned the white chocolate cookie crunch spread? Popped in to the Aldi by work today and bought some and it is amazing! Told myself I was going to make Oreo cupcakes and use it as the filling, currently sat eating it with a spoon so there will be no cupcakes 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Who mentioned the white chocolate cookie crunch spread? Popped in to the Aldi by work today and bought some and it is amazing! Told myself I was going to make Oreo cupcakes and use it as the filling, currently sat eating it with a spoon so there will be no cupcakes 🤣🤣
Me 🤐 Im so sorry 😂 its so more-ish.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just been to Aldi to do my weekly shop, along with all the usual boring bits, I got all these goodies 😁 The freezer was full mighty peas but as I have three packets in my freezer already my husband wouldn’t let me get anymore 😂
71F7F43F-E0AA-4746-828B-302EAC019CA5.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Very successful trip to Aldi today! I am finally going to try the mighty peas! Don’t know why I bought 3 bags but I panicked 😂 got some of the cream and pineapple serum mentioned in previous thread, some hand soap, new Aldi perfume, the brioche buns and my absolute fave - the pretzel chocolate 😍 also got some German and Belgian beer for my husband that he can have while watching the euros 😂
Only thing I still can’t find is the mochi! 2 Aldis near me don’t seem to stock it, mabye it’s not in Scottish stores?
I have not seen it in aberdeen so I dont think we are getting it

Just been to Aldi to do my weekly shop, along with all the usual boring bits, I got all these goodies 😁 The freezer was full mighty peas but as I have three packets in my freezer already my husband wouldn’t let me get anymore 😂View attachment 611633
That pork patties are amazing

Reactions: 4
Bought a bar of this yesterday after seeing it recommended on the other thread. Omg its amazing🤤
20210610_201030.jpg

I also love their Cherry Soft bakes bars & the Memphis bbq style pork chops!

ETA- not sure why the picture has gone so big, it wasnt big on the preview Haha!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.