Aldi and Lidl #2 so, how mochi do you want to try the mighty peas?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This Guatemalan ground coffee from Lidl is lovely, the past week I've tried their 'Colombian Supremo' which has the same packaging, only in red, very nice too.
Going to try their Indian ground coffee at some point.
View attachment 702935
The Indian one with the yellow on the packaging is my go to if I haven’t made it to Sainsbury’s for a bag of Taylor’s. Lovely stuff!

Reactions: 2
Got these a couple of days ago in Aldi, I’m becoming obsessed with their skincare dupes and I’m a huge beauty snob 🤣 they are SO good and I love that they’re cruelty free. The Clinique moisture surge dupe is magic!
9CCFCC06-278D-48A5-A3CA-487DF74276BB.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I became a convert to aldi when I couldn’t afford to shop at morrisons anymore when my husband was furloughed.
I’m really impressed by them and the steak is my absolute favourite.
The only thing I don’t rate is their frozen potato products, such as fries, waffles etc
Try the triple chips. They're lovely. Agree about the waffles though. Very soggy :(

Reactions: 3
I became a convert to aldi when I couldn’t afford to shop at morrisons anymore when my husband was furloughed.
I’m really impressed by them and the steak is my absolute favourite.
The only thing I don’t rate is their frozen potato products, such as fries, waffles etc
Their skin on fries and mini hash brown waffles are good! I'm fussy with frozen chips though - the tesco steak cut ones are my fav. Their cheap straight cut ones aren't bad either ;)

Reactions: 4
Would someone please remind me which wine is the dupe for whispering angles?

Finally got my hands on the fake McDonald’s hash browns! I also picked up a butter chicken ready meal (seems a new ‘finest’ selection range?).

Has anyone tried the plant menu range from Aldi? I looove the Kiev’s but just had the ‘spicy no chicken burgers’ for tea and they were 🤢 I think it’s really hit and miss!

Has anyone tried the plant menu range from Aldi? I looove the Kiev’s but just had the ‘spicy no chicken burgers’ for tea and they were 🤢 I think it’s really hit and miss!
My husband didn’t like those burgers either. He loves the hot dogs

Reactions: 1
I've had a terrible day and one of these just solved all my problems. sort of.

anyway, they're better and cheaper than gu and you still get a ramekin!

20210811_210452.jpg

Reactions: 16
Has anyone seen any beetroot horseradish relish in Lidl or Aldi? Lidl used to have it during the Polish weeks.

Had a Nando’s fakeaway earlier with the Aldi lemon and herb peri peri marinade on some grilled chicken. Served it with the mighty peas and spicy rice. It was actually a really passable substitute for a Nando’s. Really rated the marinade. Top tip if you’re calorie counting - the lemon and herb is much lower in calories than the medium spicy one.

Reactions: 7
Has anyone seen any beetroot horseradish relish in Lidl or Aldi? Lidl used to have it during the Polish weeks.
I haven't noticed this in Aldi, I use Aldi more than Lidl though.

Finally got my hands on the fake McDonald’s hash browns! I also picked up a butter chicken ready meal (seems a new ‘finest’ selection range?).
The 6 pork sausage patties in the frozen section are just like McD's, if not better.
Aldi also do Big Mac-alike burger sauce

Reactions: 2
I had to put those in the bin! They were disgusting.

I’m not vegan but try eat meat free as much as I can. I tried the butter chicken meal, it was nice 👍🏻 really mild.

Nipped to Sainsbury’s yesterday and I spent £90 and actually only had two meals (mainly just kids snacks, milk/bread etc) but made me realise how much food you get in aldis as a comparrison! Sainsbury’s cakes & bread though 😍

(

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.