Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lisalefteye

So he's going building a modular home and he wants all his followers to "help" him pick tiles and kitchens...on a new account potentially called Alan's big build. I think a more accurate name would be Alan's big beg.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

tbo

While this conversation is interesting and all it’s gone off topic now so can we switch back to Alan please 😁

• Haha

tbo

Poor Kookie!

To be fair to Alan at least he took the time to look after her and take her to the vet this morning and didn’t pawn her off on someone else while he gets ready for his show.

Leasha

I don't think Cuddy and Alan are just as pally as they were. I can't believe Cuddy would of went on the podcast as he wouldnt suit Alans demographic, let's face it the majority of Alan's audience is female and Cuddys audience are male and unless you follow Cuddy and get his humour, you'd be highly offended after 2 minutes.
---
Anyway getting back to Alan. I just dont get what he's trying to do with himself. Like the gin project, then the clothing (that seems to have died a death), podcasts, doing galway races, the Castlebar show. None of it is long term and doubt he making big bucks out of any of it. He seems to be stumbling along in this world of insta.
Yeah, he just seems to be stumbling along and not making any big steps, like say, Eric Roberts who's over in Australia for JDSports for the World Cup. Its just not happening for Alan for whatever reason. Like the Galway Gig, isn't really a gig he would of got of his own merit is it? It's from Kieran and his association with the festival through his work.

Reactions: 7

whocarez

VIP Member
I think he's one of those people who likes what the person hes with likes, but if with a different person tomorrow his likes would be totally different to match the new person.

I think knock are wasting their time and money!
I'd rather see a few people get through without paying the development fee over seeing them paying "influencers"

MUA

God he is getting more unlikeable by the day. The slow mo videos of himself. He would eat himself if he were a bar of chocolate

Moohoomoo

Chatty Member
He has turned into everything he made out he would never be.

I cannot stand him anymore..
selling gin that's just been repackaged now a podcast, trips to Galway free. i agree with above hes the new Kieran Corrigan and there's nothing good out of that

only heard a clip of the podcast where he thought the only dating apps were tinder&grinder .. is he gay? not that it matters but no straight guy would go straight to grinder as an app

Ailte

VIP Member
Yes he was. Either you drink and you say you drink or you don’t drink. Alan says he doesn’t drink but he brought out a gin, drinks cocktails, Guinness and bottles of beer. He’s like a vegetarian that eats a bit of bacon 🥓🥓
I can’t stand people who pretend to drink. Loser behaviour. I’m a non drinker and I own it. I don’t hide it from anyone but I’m also not shit craic as a result. Alan is such a pain in the face, wish he d stop trying to make himself happen. His voice grates me.

Lisalefteye

Lol at him trying to get Joanne McNally to notice him. He is desperate for followers and attention. Delighted she didn't reply or share the reel.

If you’re large buy a medium; if you’re medium buy a small……ah yeah that’s great Alan, sure that’s how every brand works. He’s practically cribbin into the phone that people dare to complain cos they bought their own size and it’s too big. As someone above said, there is a real bitchy streak to him, horrible moody tone. State of those short fleeces. And standard Penney’s type hoodie with a big brand ironed on 🙄 Plus everyone that is into sea swimming must already have a dry robe. They haven’t been faffin about in regular towels waiting for him to launch his all the way from the Northern Hemisphere, wherever that is.

• Haha

Leasha

Lots of people online block people at the first sign of negativity these days, and I can understand it. It's their space, they want it full of positivity. If someone doesn't like someone I post, I'd expect them to just ignore it, or unfollow me. If they're taking time out of their day to leave unkind comments on my page, or sent directly to me, they'll be blocked too.

There's a lot of begrudgery evident in some of the reasoning for not liking Alan. I've said it here before, but the effort he puts into his sponsored content and paid ads is unreal compared to most influencers. He's getting the stuff for free anyway, probably already got paid to do it, but instead of just throwing up a quick story on it, he actually puts time and thought into it.
I actually like how he advertises and does sponsored content, he makes it like an ad. He doesn't try and sneakily get it in he is very open about what is an ad.

Stacey10

Chatty Member
Alan was sharing other people's clips from his show in Letterkenny last night onto his stories this evening and he shared this particular one where he is finishing up before Garron starts to sing and at the end of the clip you can hear the man filming or maybe the man beside the person filming saying in reference to Alan " he wasn't that great to be honest with you". 😆

Attachments

• Haha

Leasha

He has been a bit dramatic about the place cancelling etc, and saying ‘oh no I won’t say the name or place’. I’m thinking it’s Bressie, but what did Alan expect when Eric is a guest there the same week as he had planned his show? Surely Eric would have said something at the time! And all the stories are just getting a bit repetitive it’s just sell, sell, ad, ad, complain!
Pure dramatic!

And then a big ramble about how good the Clanree have been to deal with. Firstly, they are a hotel not a theatre or venue so they were just happy to get a midweek booking for their function room! PLUS Donegal Daddy (who I can't stand by the way, he has that child like a wee performing monkey it's horrible and wrong) used to work there as a wedding coordinator so I'm sure he got him to do the legwork.

He makes it sound like it's a mammoth task. GAA clubs and organisations put on big nights every weekend up and down the country for fundraising and they aren't complaining about it. This is ALAN'S JOB. This is gonna MAKE HIM MONEY.

He's not doing it outta the goodness of his heart, despite what he portrays.

He's not doing it "for the craic" he's doing it for the money. End of. Quit trying to make it out otherwise.

Leasha

Ah Lord, poor Alan in his latest snaps over Kookie. Fair play to him for sharing. He must of been shitting it with fear over what was going on. Glad to hear it isn't serious.

mrscoco

Have to admit I'm loving their posts! Feck it it's not like I'm booking one so zero interest in the everything is wow reels!