Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cecedoon1

Chatty Member
Whether you like them
Or not, the content these lads have delivered over the last week is fantastic, compared to other so called influencers who ponce about showing their ‘fits & their plates of food. 👏🏻 they will deffo get on more PR trips now, fair play to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
To be fair to the man, he didn’t . He said Ireland was full, and gave the most recent homelessness figures and explained how his elderly Mum had spent 4 days on a trolley in the hallway of Mayo General , two of the days right in front of the sliding doors of the ambulance bay. He said the government need to act and see that Ireland is at breaking point.
To be fair he's only saying what 99% of us are thinking

Hunzosrus

I don't watch everything he does, but I just saw his posts there for his Woodies ads. I have to say, fair play to him. Most "influencers" half arse their ads at best, and do their utmost to hide the fact it's an ad. Alan puts serious effort into each of his, actually uses the products, and packages it in a clever way that's entertaining, but still you're under no illusions that it's anything but an ad. Fair play, if I had a product to flog, I'd definitely be sending him one to review before I'd consider some of the bigger "celebrities".

Hunzosrus

I know, but assuming Alan had full choice of anyone to bring with him? So he could have brought a close friend or relative, somone he would get on better with instead of trying to become more popular on Instagram by getting more followers by bringing another 'influencer' with along with him.
I don't know the Donal guy but had a look at his page and he's married with kids. Jeeze if I had an all paid kid/husband free holiday I'd be going mad for the free drinks aswel 😂

I don't think him sitting on a sun lounger, hungover, using an app to order food is really riveting stuff tbh, my parents wouldn't be very tech savey but I'd say they'd even manage to use the app for ordering food and sit there with that circle fob thing in their pockets so the waiter could find them
Donal isn't an influencer though. He only had a couple hundred followers on Insta, and only used it as a personal account, until he did the podcast with Alan, to promote his business (BRB homes) last year. That's what brought him into the public eye. He doesn't make any real content of his own, he just shares stuff about BRB and his pub.

He was hardly hungover, he only had two drinks the night before, but was tired from being up all night. I'd be the same. It's not about showing how to do these things, it's showing what can be done. For me, who would be travelling alone with kids, I would find the ability to order like that very handy - not having to move from where we are settled, or leave the kids alone to go and get the food. It's not something I've seen shown for any other cruise. So yeah, it may be boring for you, but it's practical things like that, that I look out for.

It's no doubt a mutually beneficial trip. Donal gets a free holiday, that he wouldn't have gotten off his own bat, and Alan will no doubt get some form of discount on a BRB home in the future, if he wishes. BRB homes sponsor Alan's podcast, so Alan is giving something back to his sponsor. He doesn't have a partner to bring, and he has spoken before about having a very small circle of actual friends, and not everyone can drop everything and go off for a week, or however long it is. He brought someone he knew he'd have the craic with, but wouldn't be stuck to him for the whole trip, and someone he knew would make for good content. Fair play to them both for getting what they can out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Jinglecrackers

Did he actually say that about immigrants????!!!!
To be fair to the man, he didn’t . He said Ireland was full, and gave the most recent homelessness figures and explained how his elderly Mum had spent 4 days on a trolley in the hallway of Mayo General , two of the days right in front of the sliding doors of the ambulance bay. He said the government need to act and see that Ireland is at breaking point.

Reactions: 19

tbo

Fair play to the three lads, their content has been brilliant over the last few days - I’ve actually looked forward to their Insta stories while they’ve been on the cruise 👏 It’s like being part of a lads holiday only you can watch from a safe distance while still getting to see the craic they’re having 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17

mrscoco

I think it's been brilliant! Have enjoyed all the crack & banter! Feck it there's enough "travel" peeps there if it's the sell me the perfect reel posts you want. Have had a mighty laugh the last few days!

• Heart

Saoirsew

I'm actually really enjoying the content.. they are making me want to book one! Mortified for myself ill just exit over here

• Haha

C1O2

Chatty Member
To be fair he's only saying what 99% of us are thinking
Totally agree. It seems now with all the “freedom of speach” having a different opinion to anyone is offence. I agree with him. We haven’t the resources/ houses / hospital beds for what we have. People take what they want from what people say and manipulate to suit their opinion of someone. I’d hate to be anyone like social media where you couldn’t say boo

Reactions: 16

Leasha

Just listened to his podcast with Donegal Daddy. Alan just blew his own trumpet the whole way through, anything his guest said he'd have to come in and bring it back to him... He seems OBSESSED with Follower numbers, like seriously obsessed. He talked to his guest about some TikToker who said for every 3,000 followers you should charge €500 for an Instagram post. Alan calculated this would mean his guest would get €7000. The conversation moved on and Alan had to bring it back to point out he should be getting over €20000 per post. I don't believe the social media gig is doing Alan's mental health any good. He doesn't seem like a fella who'd be content with a normal job, he seems to crave attention and popularity.

Oh... and the LAST batch of Kookie Gin is just released. This is the last now, I know the last one was meant to be the last but this is the LAST LAST. Limited Availability of course... 🫠

Hunzosrus

I don't know why Donal associates with him for business he doesn't need it for advertising. Although he's as much of a donkey as Alan is
According to Donal, BRB homes got a huge boost from the podcast he did with Alan in the first series. I'm sure it's a mutually beneficial relationship.

I have to say though, I'd much rather see Alan on a cruise like that, as he'd give a genuine review of it and try out all of the different things, rather than send some uptight dose that will just talk about how fantastic everything is, whilst lying by the pool all day.

Neady83

I actually think you're not far from the truth. He seems to only actually advertise stuff he believes in himself. He hadn't advertised too many products since signing up.

Shame he didn't get the Failte Ireland gig, he's a great advertisement for Mayo.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Ailte

VIP Member
My sympathy would be limited as he was just trying for a quick buck off the back of his ‘fans’ like the rest of them at end of the day. I will never consider this influencer carry on real work, just my opinion.

• Heart

Cme

@

He'll advertise anything! So I don't know If it's a true reflection of what he thinks the products are actually like. Fair enough he has to make a living!
But him advertising elf town for instance, I just found the whole thing so odd! He was going in as a single man, without any nieces/nephews with him, to advertise a family Christmas experience and say it was the best thing ever.
Even his ad for homestore with the barbecues, like he doesn't even bbq, I'd say rarely even out in his garden. So I'd say if you've anything to advertise and pay him well ...then he'll do a good ad
But look it's companies who are paying these people for all ads on their Instagrams because they have followers and obviously are 'influencing' people as the products are being bought. So they may aswel go and make a living, and at the end of the day they are being paid! So they aren't going to say anything negative or do a bad ad
Am I the only one that once an influencer plugs something I genuinely wouldn't buy it? Emma, spotlight were 2 of many that were done to death. Unless a business does their own selling I don't go near it!

• Heart
it's the blatant breaking the law that does it for me. He is always driving and on the phone!!!!

He might call hands free for the video on the road but he also zoomed in so not hands free. and at the toll clearly holding the phone and driving.

Il be sending my screen records of videos he's posted of him driving and using his phone to the guards.
sending them to guards? catch yourself on will ya for fuck sakes

Leasha

I've personally loved the stories this weekend from the three lads. I agree, that between them they've showed a good representation of what you can do on a cruise. You can chill, go to the gym, see the sights, have a dance, have the craic, or go all out crazy!

• Heart

Amber051

I know Alan Clarke personally. He's not a bad lad at all. I know he comes across as weird or odd but he's just socially awkward would be how I would describe him. He's the type of person that would drop everything to help anyone out. As for him gay/straight... he's straight.. had a long term girlfriend a while back... few girls after... but Alan just is very self conscious and not confident at all. He's a good guy with personal issues that's all.

• Heart