Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Lloyds Bank adverts. Why use depressing funeral music all the time. How about the horse galloping at full pelt to Ace of Spades by Motorhead or Waterloo by Abba.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The Total Jobs advert, what’s that old lady’s deal?
The advert to get females to join The Navy, it’s the theme music.
The eBay advert with that idiot with the bike, it’s what he does with his eyes that make him look either stoned or about to shoot his load.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That bloody Hellman's one where they all have a fridge full of stuff but apparently can't eat it unless they add some mayonnaise - 🎶 'turning nothing into something' 🎶 Aaaargh.
Why does she stick a great glob of the stuff into the veggie casserole thing? It looks disgusting!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Total Jobs

Adverts that use TikTok trends (lazy?), I think the McDonald's coffee ad does it, and that car company ad with the guy lip-synching of Timber by Pitbull/Kesha

Reactions: 1
Oh also that teaching advert where the guy writes his name on the board as a title then uses a full stop!!!!!!!

for a teaching advert you’d think they got some basic grammar and punctuation in there!?!?!?
Oh I dunno about that. My daughter had an so-called English teacher who was useless. This silly creature sent back daughter's homework with what she said were spelling mistakes underlined in red biro, but I knew damned-well they were correct as daughter had asked me as she wrote the essay but I let it ride that time.

Then the next essay comes back with all the same red underlining so I checked with A Proper Old Dictionary BOOK, not spellcheck, and yes my spellings were correct so I took my red pen out and corrected ALL the teacher's spelling errors (of which there were plenty) along with a note telling her that she ought to invest in a Dictionary before criticising other people's spellings based on her use of Americanised spellings as per her spellchecker. Oddly enough daughter never had any more red biro after that :)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh I dunno about that. My daughter had an so-called English teacher who was useless. This silly creature sent back daughter's homework with what she said were spelling mistakes underlined in red biro, but I knew damned-well they were correct as daughter had asked me as she wrote the essay but I let it ride that time.

Then the next essay comes back with all the same red underlining so I checked with A Proper Old Dictionary BOOK, not spellcheck, and yes my spellings were correct so I took my red pen out and corrected ALL the teacher's spelling errors (of which there were plenty) along with a note telling her that she ought to invest in a Dictionary before criticising other people's spellings based on her use of Americanised spellings as per her spellchecker. Oddly enough daughter never had any more red biro after that :)
As a teacher, I apologise!

Reactions: 1

yeah I was going to say, I know people who are primary school teachers whose grammar is atrocious (think using "you was" instead of were)

Reactions: 3
Apologies for not reading all 22 pages of this thread, so possibly this has been mentioned before: The Dancing Frogs! Would be rubbish enough if they had real frogs pretending to dance, but people dressed up as frogs...!!!

The biggest joke is I still don't know what it is advertising 🐸 🐸 🐸
Apologies for quoting my own post. It gets better, or worse - I've only just noticed they are dancing toads and not frogs! It even says so in the advert but if proves now little notice I took until now. Still don't know what is being advertised.

Reactions: 2
All of the stupid ads with Phillip Schofield, is there nothing he won't shill?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The Lloyds Bank adverts. Why use depressing funeral music all the time. How about the horse galloping at full pelt to Ace of Spades by Motorhead or Waterloo by Abba.
Best horse advert was that one Three did to Fleetwood Mac.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Verisure have been back to The School for Cardboard Actors again recruiting for another truly terrible advert for their stuff.

Mrs & Mrs on the phone discussing the neighbour's burglary where the beasts got in through the garden - "and it could have been them" dontcha know. Absolutely dire :(

• Haha
The ad with Eamonn and Ruth advertising Revitive.
He uses the machine and hey presto he's outside walking with no pain! Yeah right! 🤬

Compare the Meerkat! Oh gawd that is so annoying.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Verisure have been back to The School for Cardboard Actors again recruiting for another truly terrible advert for their stuff.

Mrs & Mrs on the phone discussing the neighbour's burglary where the beasts got in through the garden - "and it could have been them" dontcha know. Absolutely dire :(
it is hilarious that EVERY single actor in those ads is crap, it must actually be difficult to find actors that bad when you think how many out of work actors there are

it is hilarious that EVERY single actor in those ads is crap, it must actually be difficult to find actors that bad when you think how many out of work actors there are
I low key love the Verisure ads, they're so terrible, like something The Apprentice contestants make on the ad task week! The middle-classness is outrageous! They make me giggle.

All of the stupid ads with Phillip Schofield, is there nothing he won't shill?
The gin ads are awful! The magician one is pure, utter cringe!

I low key love the Verisure ads, they're so terrible, like something The Apprentice contestants make on the ad task week! The middle-classness is outrageous! They make me giggle.

The gin ads are awful! The magician one is pure, utter cringe!
especially as you know he is just like that in real life for the gym ad

Like I said - they only recruit at the School for Cardboard Actors. I've seen better acting in a kid's Nativity play

• Haha
Now the Euros are over with I hope never to hear the Deliveroo "We're England til we dine" again. Particularly grating when watching in Scotland on STV....I'm really not your target audience!

• Haha
Though I found the song/tune really catchy at first, that perfume advert with Lana Del Rey and Jared Leto in it. I turn the television over every time it comes on lmao.

Same for the Valentino advert with Lady Gaga.
Something about perfume ads really annoy me but I don’t mind the Paco Rabanne one.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.