Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Beko advert with carrots and FC Barcelona. Cringe.

Jeez that is absolutely terrible! Who gives a frig about Barcelona FC or whether they eat their carrots like good lickle boys or not??

And who the eff wants a Disco Fridge anyway so that every time you open the door its like a scene from Saturday Night Fever??? :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The yodelling Dominos one.
The advert where everyone says "Oooooooooooooh"
"Taking care of invoices"
The new Lidl ad with the farting baby

Reactions: 8
The LG one with the awful rehashed version of "It's a Hard Knock Life", as if that song needed making any worse.

Reactions: 5
The Head and Shoulders ad with Claudia Winkleman... can't stand her!
The one a few months back where she read out tweets that were bad mouthing her, I was approached via Twitter from an ad agency because they wanted to use one of my tweets. I did not know what it was for, just that it was a major ad campaign. I asked if there was any payment, they said no, so I said no! When the ad appeared, the Penny dropped!

I came on here to say the yodelling Domino’s pizza one, Lloyds Bank with Carpenters soundtrack, the one for a holiday company with Jess Glynn singing.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The one a few months back where she read out tweets that were bad mouthing her, I was approached via Twitter from an ad agency because they wanted to use one of my tweets. I did not know what it was for, just that it was a major ad campaign. I asked if there was any payment, they said no, so I said no! When the ad appeared, the Penny dropped!

I came on here to say the yodelling Domino’s pizza one, Lloyds Bank with Carpenters soundtrack, the one for a holiday company with Jess Glynn singing.
Really!!! What was the tweet, if you don't mind me asking? Please say it was something like ''cut that bloody fringe, we can't see your flippin eyes!!!'' :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It was along those lines @elohveehee, it wasn’t complimentary! I thought it was a wind up when they contacted me. I have no regrets about turning them down.they weren’t even offering a bottle of shampoo as payment, just the prestige!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
It was along those lines @elohveehee, it wasn’t complimentary! I thought it was a wind up when they contacted me. I have no regrets about turning them down.they weren’t even offering a bottle of shampoo as payment, just the prestige!
You're right! To think that people agreed to see their tweets used for that rubbish ad...

I'm actually incredibly surprised they used real tweets. Presumed they were all made up.
I'm conflicted about Claudia Winkleman. I quite like her but she irritates me to death. And I can't watch her. So not that conflicted then.

I'm actually incredibly surprised they used real tweets. Presumed they were all made up.
I'm conflicted about Claudia Winkleman. I quite like her but she irritates me to death. And I can't watch her. So not that conflicted then.
Yes, it would have been just as easy to make them up. The one that sticks in my head that they used (not mine as explained) was the one about her being an annoying personality vacuum, or something like that, they could have taken the gist of that and played about with it. As it was they had to contact us by tweet, and arrange to send NDAs out for us to sign. Which I didn’t because I was not bothered about it being used in an ad campaign. They went to a lot of trouble for a lot of naught really.

Reactions: 3
Claudia seems OK to me, pârticularly when you factor in who her Mother is. Eve Pollard, she who put the fear of God into everyone!! :)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.