Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would be interesting to know how many viewers fully/properly take notice of adverts these days. Years ago with very few channels, adverts were just an extension of a programme's entertainment. These days, If watching on catch up, I quickly skip past them. When watching live, I use the opportunity to do something else. I notice the ads with music I know and like, but just to hear not to watch.

When I am actually concentrating, I've noticed so many adverts just have people dancing and prancing - what's that all about? Something on the cheap and lazy that doesn't require any thought of a storyline?

Reactions: 3
It would be interesting to know how many viewers fully/properly take notice of adverts these days. Years ago with very few channels, adverts were just an extension of a programme's entertainment. These days, If watching on catch up, I quickly skip past them. When watching live, I use the opportunity to do something else. I notice the ads with music I know and like, but just to hear not to watch.

When I am actually concentrating, I've noticed so many adverts just have people dancing and prancing - what's that all about? Something on the cheap and lazy that doesn't require any thought of a storyline?
Adverts years back were quite entertaining and their catchphrases entered everyday conversation.

Reactions: 4
Though I found the song/tune really catchy at first, that perfume advert with Lana Del Rey and Jared Leto in it. I turn the television over every time it comes on lmao.

Same for the Valentino advert with Lady Gaga.
Something about perfume ads really annoy me but I don’t mind the Paco Rabanne one.
I really HATE perfume ads for women and men. They are all terrible.

Worst I think are Daisy with the silly girlies witterring-on "Daisy daisy daisy........................." flouncing about in a field, then theres that other one with the woman applying lipstick in a launderette with that drippy dipstick boyfriend, then they go stomping around a supermarket where somehow she gets compared to an ostrich flouncing about in the aisles and he's a snake. EH??????

Likewise the AXA insurance one where the woman gets in her car then drives off. She gets out of her car in a torrential rainstorm to start walking & she ends up on a scottish moor somehow, however she's either entered a time warp or acid rain has aged her forty years since she set off on her journey!
Who the hell writes this stuff???

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The Pure Cremation one with some woman gushing about their "beautiful crematorium" and how they were the perfect choice when planning her mum's funeral. I've never seen someone look so happy discussing a family member's death. And then at the very end - PLOT TWIST - her mum's actually still alive and they're sitting down to enjoy a glass of bubbly together.

Beyond tasteless, and as someone who actually lost my mum not too long ago it makes me want to put my foot through the screen.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

I couldn't tell you what half of the adverts are about these days tbh. A lot of them barely focus on the actual product and go into a documentary-style shoot on something random before showing the actual product which is hardly related to what the advert is showing. Car adverts are so so guilty of this

I remember the Domino's advert was mentioned here a while back and my neighbours grandkids were yodelling it in the garden the other day
Suppose the advert is at least memorable

The Pure Cremation one with some woman gushing about their "beautiful crematorium" and how they were the perfect choice when planning her mum's funeral. I've never seen someone look so happy discussing a family member's death. And then at the very end - PLOT TWIST - her mum's actually still alive and they're sitting down to enjoy a glass of bubbly together.

Beyond tasteless, and as someone who actually lost my mum not too long ago it makes me want to put my foot through the screen.
I know the exact one you're talking of! It's really distasteful how happy the daughter is portrayed.

The absolute WORST adverts of all time have to be any of Calgon's.

Its apparent that they make one advert for the entire world then dub-over whatever language required be it english, german or whatever, so what you end up with is a terrible piece that looks and sounds like a 1970s martial arts film where the actors mouths jabber away just to utter the word "no"

They could solve the entire fiasco just by doing an advert with a voiceover in the required language rather than have terrible actors running it through and then using the local infants school to dub the tapes. Personally I think Calgon and Verisure have the same ad agency judging by the lameness of their ad campaigns ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The climate change one where you have bunch of pretentious children going ‘use sustainable power, it’s a thing now.’

Reactions: 9
The Hello Fresh one on YT. I would take out that woman right through the eyes. She just really bugs me, skinny bint clearly never eats! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That soddin Heycar with that ugly bearded bloke rapping.Good Grief give me strength also that motorbility Ad where they sing the blonde girl has the most enormous gob I’ve seen.☹

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.