Adam the Woo #5 Friends and Possessions dragging you down? Best Remove ‘Em!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Disney must have suggested he step back. Can they really want all these old creepy vloggers representing them?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I doubt they suggested anything to him, I think he's turned off with the entire lightening lane and pay per ride situation. That's when he pretty much stopped.

Reactions: 7
I doubt they suggested anything to him, I think he's turned off with the entire lightening lane and pay per ride situation. That's when he pretty much stopped.
Don't think you go from riding Mr Toad a dozen times in a row to walking away without something happening

Reactions: 4
Don't think you go from riding Mr Toad a dozen times in a row to walking away without something happening
Something did happen his last video at Disney was him leaving the phone home, he had a point to make and he made it. He doesn't want to just do videos everyday for content as a Disney vlogger.

Reactions: 5
I'm on the hunt.

Remember that one guy (who said he was autistic and made unsavory racist comments) who kept coming on here repeatedly adamantly telling us that Adam wasn't his real first name? And I admit I disagreed w/ him.

Everything I've been coming across in my research today has David Adam Williams, age 47, DOB 8/10/1974 with a note of = aka Adam Williams.
All matching w/ St. Cloud addresses and family members that I know of.

Egg on my face. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
He's the guy that got me invested into the much loved, never forgotten thread that motivated me out of lurking before its unfortunate conclusion - was not expecting this type of full circle moment! :ROFLMAO:

Something did happen his last video at Disney was him leaving the phone home, he had a point to make and he made it. He doesn't want to just do videos everyday for content as a Disney vlogger.
Exactly - he confessed to not feeling like he's creative enough to make Disney vlogs so frequently, which is 100% the truth. All of his Disney vlogs the past year have been groundshog day, and with 0 entertaining qualities. He burned out on it. Good on him for actually realizing it unlike the POSDevs and the Kays and all the other boring Disney vloggers scrambling for any lame updates.

When he vlogs at Disney now, he feels like he can't make a good product. He actually can, but I can see why he wouldn't put any effort into it because at this time there's no reward when any Disney vlog is old news in less than 6 - 8 hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Agree. He was also fairly pissed off with the actual
Day of the 50th. As a Walt fan, I think he was very underwhelmed with the effort. He seemed to turn a corner that day IMO.

Reactions: 9
He's the guy that got me invested into the much loved, never forgotten thread that motivated me out of lurking before its unfortunate conclusion - was not expecting this type of full circle moment! :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I know, right? I guess I stand corrected. I'm 99.9% sure Adam's DL would have his real name on it when he got all those tickets years' back (and it was cited as a 1974 DOB)...so I guess Adam is... David?

• Haha
Yeah, he insinuated the phone thing was almost his protest to having to use the app to experience Disney and he didn't want to do it. This is the guy who won't do what most people do, as he said before (except, you know, vlogging every mundane thing at Disney, buying DVC and Disney stock, drinking Starbucks, suddenly being a big baseball fan, etc.) - so I think the whole change at Disney with LL and the reservations at DCA and DL, kind of drove him over the edge. I don't think he's really savvy enough to sit around waiting to reserve tit at 5am or figuring out how to use LL or Genie to his advantage. I do give him credit if he wants to change things up to make the most of his time left to vlog, but who knows at this point. I will guess in a few years he'll move to CA again. He has moved back and forth several times and my sense is he enjoys it more there - his parents are probably the main draw for Fla.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I know, right? I guess I stand corrected. I'm 99.9% sure Adam's DL would have his real name on it when he got all those tickets years' back (and it was cited as a 1974 DOB)...so I guess Adam is... David?
Both biblical names, makes sense with his parents. He probably goes by D. Adam in places, and then uses Adam.

Agree. He was also fairly pissed off with the actual
Day of the 50th. As a Walt fan, I think he was very underwhelmed with the effort. He seemed to turn a corner that day IMO.
I have to admit. I was underwhelmed at his choice of attire for the 50th. Of all the days to wear one of his many Disney shirts... Nope, cat with mohawk.

1637708496845.png

Both biblical names, makes sense with his parents. He probably goes by D. Adam in places, and then uses Adam.
Right, and used Adam from the get-go to [slightly] throw people off of his real identity. ???

• Haha
I think the reservation system and not having access started the ball rolling. Then Genie + and Lighting Lane happened and lessened the experience. Then seeing his "friends" who have nothing but theme park channels and all of the group videos looking the same played a role. I also think he realized that those same friends really aren't friends. bleeping BLAB.
Also, I haven't followed him long. Found him right after he lost weight during the pandemic but he seems to not like to stay in one place too long. Being closer to family as the home base and trying to recapture some passion in his life is important as he approaches fifty. I totally get that because he and I are similar in age. Unfortunately, I don't think he is very satisfied with his life and is always chasing that next high (not with drugs or alcohol, but with happiness). He gets his fix for a bit, but it always ends up being a short-term fix. Same with the parks. The high isn't happening like it used to. So he will do a Disney detox and then come back when his tolerance isn't built up anymore.

Reactions: 7
Can someone give me the quick answer on why he said he is no longer covering Disney? I've tried to look through the threads, but I gave up .
I'm starting to see answers now, but still welcome a summary lol.

Reactions: 2
True, but what do they actually gain by embellishing? Just a big story they have to keep up for zero gain. It also makes the area around Disneyland sound crappy. It also makes Spencer look like a wimp compared to Adam. If it was a mutual agreement to leave the apartment, they didn't need a story. So weird. The only thing that might make sense is they had to hide that they just wanted to upgrade to a fancy place by saying they had no choice bc of scary town by their old place. 🙄 Not sure that it helped; everyone knows KT is flexing up a storm about it.
the thing about BLAB is that they lie pretty much all the time about most things, so it’s probably hard for them to stop.

Can someone give me the quick answer on why he said he is no longer covering Disney? I've tried to look through the threads, but I gave up .
I'm starting to see answers now, but still welcome a summary lol.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it basically comes down to he believes there are people that are documenting the parks better than him and he's not really adding any value.

I think he also has been frustrated with some of the changes to the annual pass, reservation system, and now all the Genie+ stuff. In his latest vlog, he still says he's going to Disneyland, just not documenting his time there.

Reactions: 10
I’m curious to know if he has sold his DVC membership I have a feeling he probably has

• Haha
wonder when he will completely change his plans again? February?
Yeah. I like his on-the-road, off-the-beaten-path vlogs.

But...I tire easily of his wishy-washy-ness; his saying one thing, and doing another; his rambling, incoherent thoughts and musings that end up being contradictions; and his ongoing somewhat virtual signaling with "not about the money, yet I keep talking about money" comments here or there within the last year or so = as in, let me tell you all about my stock purchases, how set I am with money, and DVC member purchase...oh, but that silly refrigerator, bookcase, multiple TVs, computer screens, Starbucks mugs, framed posts, Disney merch, and random broken cameras? It's not about the money...but make me an offer.)

• Heart
I'll give Adam a lot of credit here. This is an ever-evolving subculture of YouTube travel/lifestyle vlogging he's entrenched in. He is one of the original guys doing this style of video and he has tried all sorts of methods and even went the current Disney vlogger style route. He has the ability to read the audience, the landscape and adapt. There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. I would argue that his strategy (albeit hairbrained) is optimal by being fluid and adaptive yet still retaining that Adam The Woo charm and style.

He's getting older and wants to put in some real honest work before settling down in a few years (just my guess). Kudos to him and I'm looking forward to what's coming. He's a genuinely good dude from my perspective and I wish him all the best. I'm a fan.

Reactions: 16
I'm also happy that he is changing up his channel and is going back to doing what he really enjoys and is good at.
I can't really figure out why he became so obsessed with Disney for the past year and a half.
And I wonder if he regrets buying into DVC.

I'm also happy that he is changing up his channel and is going back to doing what he really enjoys and is good at.
I can't really figure out why he became so obsessed with Disney for the past year and a half.
And I wonder if he regrets buying into DVC.
Do you think it was all about the girl? Seems like things went south with her and Disney about the same time.

Reactions: 1
Disney must have suggested he step back. Can they really want all these old creepy vloggers representing them?
Totally agree. They definitely gave Adam the backhand and for that we thank them. Anyone not with the LL / Genie+ needs to get the duck outta the way! All they do is witch and complain about it and Chapek! So glad Adam went back to his roots, whether he wanted to or not.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.