Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dirtnap101

VIP Member
Is it not common knowledge that "Sault Ste. Marie" is pronounced "Soo Saint Marie"? I dunno, maybe it's because I've lived close to Michigan and Ontario, but I cringed when David said "Salt Saint Marie".
My guess is probably not that commonly known, and I completely missed that (not that I was paying super close attention)

Reactions: 3

cardfrek

VIP Member
I think it’s Office Max, not Staples. Or are they the same thing?
You are correct actually, in one of his 2016 vlogs TDW 1544, Adam shows all the previous places he worked at in St. Cloud, and it was 5 years at OfficeMax.

Mr Pewtey

Ok, so if what I'm understanding is correct, he used to legit work at OfficeMax (I DO remember that vaguely now), but he said in his recent vlog he worked at Staples?

I never 100% understood the difference between OfficeMax, Office Depot, and Staples, but a quick Wikipedia search brought up that OfficeMax and Staples were rivals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OfficeMax

Excerpt -
View attachment 2956310

It'd be like if I told you all I worked at McDonald's (which I did as my first job), and then a week later said I worked at Burger King as my first job.

How does one make this mistake?

Unless... 🤥

ETA: Staples DID attempt to acquire OfficeMax but it didn't work.
So, by him saying Staples now, it's not even like he's referring to what OfficeMax later merged with and became.

View attachment 2956319
I didn’t watch the video in question but, in the Daily Dump recap, he said OfficeMax, not Staples.

dirtnap101

VIP Member
Yep, likely a borefest of some family events or reunions involving his mothers side of the family. Maybe a little tour of some of her younger day haunts the way he did with his dad a while back. More nonsensical and mysterious relatives to come out of the woodwork with zero explanation. Cousin nephews, nieces aunts, uncle's brothers and other assortments of freaks related to this dynasty. 🤮 Is he then close to Milwaukee or is that a skip for now? He can put her on a return flight to MCO then go to Milwaukee perhaps? Or go home to check on his woomansion then take his orange shorts to go impress Giggles. :sick:
Rays aren't in Milwaukee until April 29th, so no way he will stay up there until then. He will be doing this family thing with maybe some light backroads stuff on the side for a week, and then they will go home, it'll be the usual WDW/192/Celebration stuff for a little more than a week until April 28th when he'll fly to Milwaukee for Rays. He seems to prefer day games, so my guess is that he'll go to the May 1st game at 1:10pm, so he may fly April 30th instead. Either way, he will spend a day or two either before or after the game in the area if he has some other things in Milwaukee he wants to do (Bronze Fonz? etc).

Edit to add: after Milwaukee, assuming he doesn't have his passport and can't get to Toronto in May, the next road trip for a stadium he hasn't been to is Baltimore May 31-June 2 (although he could opt for Sept 6-8, but that's unlikely given his half marathon - excuse me while I giggle - is September 9th in SoCal)
---
I don't know Iowa geography very well, but does he happen to be close to the Field of Dreams field? Has he been there before (not that it would stop him from Woopeating)? It seems like the perfect intersection of his interests of baseball and old movies.

Enforcement of "airplane mode" is based on the honor system, but I was once on a flight where the captain made the announcement: "We have an indicator here on the flight deck that three cell phones in the cabin are not in airplane mode, so please be sure to check your phone now." Of course, there is no such indicator, but it was a fun way to remind everyone in a novel way..

The official reason for the policy is to ensure that there is no possibility of interference with aircraft systems. Certification of any electronics for aviation use is very rigorous (and expensive), and since you wouldn't get a good signal at 35,000' anyway, there's really no benefit to certifying iPhones, Androids, and every other type of cell phone -- especially considering how frequently new models are released.

With hundreds of millions of passengers traveling by air in US airspace each year, even if only 0.000001% of passengers forget, that's still hundreds of phones flying with airplane mode turned off. There's never been a case of a cell phone bringing down an airliner (or even causing a dangerous interference situation), so from a practical perspective, the safety risk is negligible.

The best reason to remember to use airplane mode is that phones aren't designed to connect to towers from 35,000' above them while traveling at 500+mph, so they won't get a good signal and will wind up draining their batteries trying to connect.
Field of Dreams is about an hour and 15 mins from Cedar Rapids, so it's do-able. Would he want to go there again my himself without his pops after sharing that special moment of playing catch? Knowing Adam, probably. So it's definitely possible.

Yeah, people probably forget to turn Airplane mode on all the time. It was just his smugness about it that made me sick.

Last edited:

dirtnap101

VIP Member
OT- Im in the DFW area for work these last couple of weeks and guess who I saw passing me in Grapevine. SE and her husband. I was liking the vlogger free environment, but of course like every trend follower, they had to come here 😩🙄 Wonder if ATW is disgracing the area today?
He may not have been able to get out of Denver to go wherever he planned to go next (eclipse, SoCal, or unknown destination) due to the windstorms. He may just end up going home at his next opportunity.

dirtnap101

VIP Member
If he really doesn’t retire his daily vlogs , if he only does 3-4 a week , then he needs to omit the baseball ones 😀
I assume once he finishes this "challenge" that they will naturally fall off quite a bit. It's not like he's a Rays season ticket holder and after all, he'll be SO BUSY traveling internationally and then there's that MAJOR project idea in the US he's got that I'm sure has nothing to do with baseball. I'm sure all that will happen just like he said it would 😄

Dillon21

VIP Member
So you think he's only paying Giggles? This dude just paid cash for a half a million dollar townhouse. I get why people hate on him and I used to be a fan of his but he seems to make a ton of money for what little effort he puts in.
I used to be a fan too. I know this is bold of me to say. I really don't care what he does with his money on his personal time. But if he is paying other people too to do stuff. It is a big whatevers from me.

Commandereddy

He and Adam already did it last year? I know it sounds silly as Adam endlessly repeats things he's done in the past, but he's shown no desire to repeat any of his baseball travels. Maybe he will some day, but for right now he seems to only want to see them at the Away stadiums he hasn't before. He doesn't even seem to want to see them at the Trop very much, based on his comments at the end of Opening Day.
I figured he would go a couple of home games per season. Since I'm also trying to go to all the stadiums, I'm going to Miami & Tampa Bay in the middle of September. I was wondering if he would go when I was there. They will be playing the Blue Jays. So, if he does go in July to Toronto, he may want to see a rematch. P: probably not.

Kystar

Chatty Member
After 3 WDW vlogs in 4 days, I'm actually looking forward to Spooky Empire if just for some kind of change of pace. I'm sure that will fade about 3-4 minutes in, if not sooner, but at least I won't have to see the monorail along with audio of him saying, "there goes the monorail" in that voice.

It seems the algorithm and maybe even some Woovians/fans can't take this much WDW. The Mama Woo at Epcot vlog pretty much bombed for a WDW video, and today's isn't doing very well either. Including "Stormy" as a keyword in his title bumped that one a bit even though it was awful. Simple Plan was only typical of his recent WDW views, nothing special at all.

View attachment 2942023

Once he travels again in June to Atlanta, Minneapolis and Pittsburgh for baseball, I can't imagine his views will get better given what they were on his recent trips. Outside of the travel vlogs where he manufactured drama with his poor flight choices, and/or his clickbait headlines, and outside of SoCal, he really struggled to hit 50k views on anything.

It's proven his baseball vlogs don't do well, and all three stadiums he visiting on this jaunt offer tours, so between the games and the tours things could get old quick. He may try to do what he did in Milwaukee and do the tour and game on the same day to limit the baseball content to one day. But if he doesn't find anyone willing to do the work and tour him around those cities the other days, and he does no research and wanders around, it's gonna be rough just like Milwaukee.
If he really doesn’t retire his daily vlogs , if he only does 3-4 a weeek , then he needs to omit the baseball ones 😀

2020planner

VIP Member
The "plethora" of WDW vloggers have already begun to appear in Adam's view: Pete Carney, Kevin what's his face, some other guy named Adrian, Micah, JoJo, with many more to come I'm sure. Adam is stopped by this woman and given a bracelet that says "Join Me Shall You?"
Was it Adrian (Theme Park Express) from the line in FRE that goes "Prepare your buttcheeks" ...or was it another Adrian?

Dillon21

VIP Member
He posted this on his Instagram (he's on a real roll lately, he's up to 10 whole pictures!), with the pointing finger, of a pop culture reference that was already 14 years old when Adam was born and that no one knows nowadays. Everyone under 50 is like, "Who is that guy with the knife?"
View attachment 2898742

Here's an unhinged comment from a Woovian, and of course he replies to it because he's a thirst trap of the highest order:
View attachment 2898747
At least he is referencing a good movie vs. BTTF.

Who is looking good? The actor, as it certainly not Adam

As far as the Ron Jeremy reference @robotmonster mentioned. At least Ron Jeremy had a real job and is pretty smart (well barring certain claims against him. Which if true is not smart).

VloggerCritic

VIP Member
Is it just me or is the Troll Patrol guy making noises like he's going to start vlogging? Sounds like he's using his actual voice in the Daily Dump videos now.

Disscot

I've given his "residuals" talk much more thought than it deserves.

At first, I agree with everyone on here who recognize that recommendations (and therefore views and revenue) will fall off precipitously when he stops uploading new content.

But then I thought: I'm not a YouTuber. I don't know how the system works. Adam's been doing this a long time; he'd have to learn something -- even involuntarily -- during his "tenure". Maybe he knows something that I don't about how YouTube payouts work.

And then it dawned on me: Adam has an inactive YouTube channel! He should have a VERY good idea of what sort of "residuals" come out of a dormant channel.

View attachment 2931913

And even that might be skewed because he just recently dumped that video up there where he pointed at his TV with a broom handle.

Granted, he has an order of magnitude more videos on his "second channel, daily vlog channel, TheDailyWoo", but even if you multiply the main channel viewers by 10, that's not enough to sustain Adam's first-class-flying, DVC-staying, clown car driving lifestyle.

But who knows. Maybe he's sitting on a ton of savings in his bank account. Before he started splashing out like a drunken yuppie, he kept his expenses fairly low (no fancy cars, no kids, no expensive divorces). If he's smart, he's been saving diligently for the past 10-15 years and amassed enough to live on for a while. I'm just not sure.
He is still getting 2.3 million views a month on the daily woo. Someone on here (I'm not going to) could probably analyse why he gets 50k views on some vids and 150k on others - he obviously can still generate views but is maybe just getting so boring and mundane that even the woovians can't be bothered to watch the inane rumblings of a lonely 49 year old.

dirtnap101

VIP Member
I was thinking that. I mean part of it is because he is lazy and he has money to burn but he is probably lonely in his 3 story home. There is no way he is happy. He’s approaching 50 with no real friendships, he likely feels like shit due to his poor eating habits and something definitely happened with Daphne on the last trip to California. I’m sure he hates being at home.
Especially after he spent 5 straight months at home and has suddenly been traveling a lot again.

So he will go to the game tonight I guess, then he'll be back home to don his jedi robes for May the 4th in his former favorite theme park. Maybe Sunday he go to Epcot for Cinco de Mayo?

Who knows, maybe Monday he will actually do something about starting to get TSA precheck or heaven forbid, obtaining his passport.

dirtnap101

VIP Member
Noted Rays fan here. DJ Kitty is a terrible mascot. The fact that two grown men completely mark out over that thing is total cringe.

Also, you rarely see photos of Adam with fans, right? Because of social anxiety and all that. Yet he sure seems eager to get his photo with anything and anyone Rays related.

Can an organization trade fans? Because I propose we trade Woo and Jay to Oakland/Las Vegas for a box of Cracker Jacks.
Start a gofundme and pay them to take Adam and Jay, I don't think they'd give up the Cracker Jacks.

Kystar

Chatty Member
Another interesting rumor that popped up yesterday & today on that same site is that Adam might be dating Savannah Boan. One of the people claiming this posted on there that they been seen together in public recently. Perhaps this is the reason for his renewed interest in working out and losing weight again.
Umm , who is she 🤔