Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ros79

Chatty Member
He went to see the Marlins during Hurricane Idalia. I actually watched that vlog as I was on holiday in the area at the time & I couldn’t imagine driving all that way & back in a day during those weather conditions.

Reactions: 1

dirtnap101

VIP Member
On a serious note, that's a pretty busy June...as I mentioned before, it seems like a 50yo who hasn't been to the doctor or the dentist for quite some time, who has finally decided to seriously commit financially and mentally to better health, might want to clear his schedule for a few months and concentrate 100% on that front and see how it goes. After all, he stayed home for 4-5 months after he bought the house to concentrate on that, right? No travel at all during that December 2023-March 2024 timeframe. Doing the same for his healthcare would show he's really serious about it, not for anyone else but for himself.

What decision do you think David Adam Williams will make?

DukeOfKent

VIP Member
Probably not a great trend, David.
Want to talk about those residuals again? :rolleyes:

View attachment 2952870

If I'm reading those charts correctly, he is doing far better than I'd expect him to be doing.

The first one shows gained views -- Doesn't that mean that he's getting 2M more viewers this month than last? Or is it simply showing total views by month?

Even the subscription chart paints a more optimistic picture than I'd expect. It's tough to understand the quantification, but it is a little bit amazing to me that it's positive at all. That means that some people who haven't been following the guy previously saw some bullshit vlog where he bumbles through Epcot or talks to squirrels and said: "Yes. This is good content, and I want to see more of it in the future. I will subscribe."

I can understand his long-time viewers continuing to watch out of force of habit, but it blows my mind that he's attracting new viewers and subscribers with his current content.

Kystar

Chatty Member
JFC, it's another studio tour labeled "new", this time at Giggles' place of employment, Warner Brothers.

It's literally the same intro from the parking garage of the Hilton that he's done every single time he stays there. Thankfully no BttF stairwell (yet).

Same shot from the top of the WB parking structure down into the street sets, of course. He loves it because he is OCD about parking on top of parking garages anyway. He points out all the same stuff he always does, from Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Annie, Gremlins, Purple Rain. Notice a pattern? Then Adam tells the story of the lady at the parking booth who joked with him about parking for free due to his WB crew t-shirt. Adam really thinks she was serious and would let him park for free because he was crew. Or he thinks the Woovians are so dumb they will buy it.

Adam is 40 minutes early for his tour so he walks over to the Smokehouse restaurant, which he's done before, and he just has to show the friggin' cameraman statue on the corner, which he's done before, because the same statue is at Hollywood Studios :rolleyes:. Then he tells the same tired story about the tunnel so studio people could run over to get food, my god.

The tour is probably ok if you're into older movies, but it's hard to tell from Adam's choppy filming/editing. He does keep the talking over the tour guide to a minimum. But then he encounters his kryptonite - in the prop rooms, he can only take pictures! And we all know inserting pictures into his vlog (one of the simplest editing techniques in the world), that's a bridge too far for Adam. So, instead the viewers are treated to this:

View attachment 2898888

Adam is on a classic Hollywood tour and the only references he can make are things like, "this is where Twisted Sister/Dee Snider appeared in Pee Wee's Big Adventure" and National Lampoon's Vacation. In the middle of all this, Kurt the 80's guy suddenly shows up again???

Not a mention or a sign of Giggles. Easy to explain away that she's busy working, I suppose. But if he does a 4 day SoCal trip, including to where she works and lives, and she doesn't make an appearance, that would be strange. She has been very quiet the past few days on Instagram, as well.
Yep , she usually post pictures of her being with him , you would think that if she were working , she would at least appear on her break 😮😮

VloggerCritic

VIP Member
Florida is a very diverse state. Does David have any friends or does he collab with anyone of a different ethnicity than he is?
Super Enthused is part Cuban I think. Lol.

He grew up in mostly rural areas and was home schooled so I doubt he was exposed to much diversity. Not an excuse just an observation.

summa1888

VIP Member
Yep, barely made it, but over 50k within 24 hours
View attachment 2961591

He also appears to have duplicated the day (the MK/Epcot combo) for today's vlog in the hopes that it replicates those numbers. However, he's lacking a Disney legend's death, so I think it will fall short.
that would be a neat trick trying to duplicate something that's filmed a day ahead.

A) Lots of young people take pictures of themselves and their friends at the local pool. Families certainly do. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a 50yo man at the local municipal or community pool by himself talking to a camera and then filming the landscape. To me it's a very different activity.
Yes. Exactly. There’s a big difference between aiming your camera at yourself versus aiming it at others.

summa1888

VIP Member
The Woovians have very low standards:

View attachment 2951834

Concerning his views, the Epcot video with his mom is sitting at 39k views and has been for a few days now. It’s been up a little less than a week. So anyone who wanted to watch it has already done so. No one is going back to watch it. That’s why I always laugh when he says he will retire off his back catalog. Most of his videos are not ones you go back and watch twice.
he hasn't said he's retiring. He said this year was the end of daily vlogging. even indicated a couple weeks ago that he'd be taking overseas trips next year

SoCalGremlin

It looks so fucking odd these middle age people wandering around WDW vlogging stuff.

I'm a Disney Dad, we go a lot, and as the memes say: 'I am the Map'. But going without my family, and then vlogging it and making it my personality is so so strange to me. I'd feel like a creep, as well as looking like one.

Anyone remember 'GuyBehindTheCastle' on IG? :sick:
I remember GuyBehindTheCastle whatever happened to that dude?

Harrisar

I’m just getting caught up on all the posts. I went to Niagara Falls to see the eclipse & Toronto to see the Blue Jays play the Mariners. I’m also trying to go to every baseball stadium, but it will take a while since I have a real job. Toronto was number 11 for me. I figured Carpetbagger was also going to Niagara Falls but I didn’t see him. Since he was in the touristy part of Niagara Falls.

I will say, that I was betting on ATW to drive somewhere to see the eclipse. Since the next one in the USA is in 2044. I know we’ve been saying he has been getting lazy or given up but this showed me he has given up completely. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago watching his eclipse video in 2017 & him have so much energy. His flying back home & blaming the flight for the reason he didn’t see it was just sad. Maybe since he keeps saying things will change after the first of the year, he will go to Australia in 2028 for the one over Sydney. As you know, he will be traveling “outside” the country.

When I was at the Blue Jays Stadium, I noticed that there were hotel rooms above the center field where you could watch the game. It made me wonder; would he stay in that hotel? There is a Marriott attached to the side of the stadium & you can just sit up in your room & watch the game. I figured if nothing else, he would watch part of the game in the stands & once they started losing, he would just go to the room to give highlights. If I was to ever go back again, I would stay there on a game night. We’ll see what he does in Canada. I’m thinking he will just fly into Toronto in July to see Tampa Bay play & walk around. I don’t think he has a passport yet. So we’ll have to wait.
I was wondering that myself if Adam would stay in that hotel. But I think those rooms can get very expensive for ball games and concerts that go on at the dome. So I am not sure if he would be willing to pay the cost to stay there. And if he ever ends up getting his passport.

ProfessorFate

VIP Member
If I'm right about Adam wanting to attend the day game on May 1 in Milwaukee, he will probably leave SoCal the 29th (especially if he's found someone who will lead him around to some sights in Milwaukee for a day on the 30th).
A whole day? C'mon, it's Milwaukee.