Adam the Woo #12 Day 75 of 50, losing eleventy eleven pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's never had to fill out a declaration card before? He's acting like it's a brand new foreign object that he's never heard about.
He’s never travelled outside of the continental United States before, and he did no research on the trip, so he wouldn’t have a clue what a declaration form is. This trip will be full of “firsts” for Woo.

Reactions: 10
A lot to unpack in this video:

Still has whatever it is on the end of his nose, and does not address it or explain it.

I love that in the intro, he explains everything he already explained in the previous video, and then says "so we've lost a day in the hotel in Hawaii that we're going to be staying at", but doesn't name it as Disney's Aulani. Then he says "it's ok because they are still going to be there for a week or more, 7 or 8 days, give or take a day." What does that mean? They might leave early? They might extend their stay? When and how will the decision to leave after 7 days or 8 days happen? Then at the 11 minute mark he again mentions how long they are staying and actually says, "7-8ish, 9ish days, I can't exactly remember." Imagine not knowing how long you're staying in Hawaii when you're the trip planner.

Adam does spring for first class for both of them.

It occurred to me that Hawaii, while obviously a US state, is very much like going to another country (except for no language difference). Yet Adam claims he has no desire to go "overseas". Hawaii is, essentially and physically, overseas. You even have to fill out a form to enter Hawaii, that says on it that's it mandatory for all passengers, officers and crew members. Adam has no idea about this form until it was handed to him, and can't figure out if they really actually need to fill it out (and of course travels with no pen).

View attachment 2474542

I get the impression that Adam thinks you kinda have to fly Hawaiian Airlines to Hawaii, the same way some people might think you have to fly British Airways to get to London.

He's really in overexplaining mode on travel day (as usual). Honestly, this man thinks he's going to change things up next year and he can't even change things up in these flight videos, even when his mom is along. Rental car re-fuel, has to film his plane at his gate, has to film the awful tourist trap stores at the gate, has to point the camera out the small windows right before boarding, everything he drinks and eats.

Speaking of drinking, Adam decides to wait until he boards to get a coffee, and then a guy who flies dozens of times a year is surprised that they can't serve hot coffee until after takeoff. He and his mom got guava juice, then he quickly adds, "non-alcoholic guava juice." Who was thinking that the guava juice had vodka or rum in it? No one is thinking that, but he has to mention it. Then he reviews the available refreshments for First Class and notes "of course, my mom and I don't drink alcohol so this section isn't for us, but I've heard that if you're sitting in these seats you get unlimited booze." Adam must be an alcoholic from his punk band days or something. He's "heard" you get free alcoholic drinks in first class, he's not sure.

As far as "country come to town", Adam asks his mom if she "likes that pillow and blanket", like they were some sort of luxury item or something. He keeps pointing out that you can actually sleep on the plane if you wanted to :rolleyes: , like it's some new feature airlines just started offering. Really enjoying Adam's sneaker sole that has just walked all over a dirty airport and is now pressed up against his mom's hoodie:

View attachment 2474507

Adam to his mom: "We're going 635 miles per hour right now" 🥴. You sure there was no alcohol in that guava juice, Adam?
View attachment 2474527

Adam decides to watch Lilo and Stitch because "I think that was based in Hawaii". Mr. Disney just isn't 100% sure about it though.

Adam doesn't recognize macadamia nuts on sight. Guesses they might be nuts but isn't sure until mom tells him. He then documents every single thing provided to them for the meal..."and of course cutlery" and then he starts opening up the layers of his meals to show where the pasta is. Did someone tell Adam he can only write off the cost of the flight if he documents the number of forks and how many napkins they give out? Then he says "I believe it comes with a dessert option". Really Adam, you've been flying first class for 2-3 years and you're not totally sure that the meal comes with dessert? "And I'm in the middle of watching Lilo and Stitch", in case anyone watching forgot from 2 minutes ago.

"I don't think I've ever laid down flat on an airplane before" - Adam might want to see a neurologist, he can't remember and isn't sure about a great many things you would think he'd know for certain.

"I don't think that's dirt, I think that's ice"
View attachment 2474589

Adam notices Hawaii is lush and green :rolleyes:. He actually becomes concerned when they pass the island and wonders why they haven't landed or made a u-turn yet. Hey look, it's the same crap t-shirts he showed us in LAX, they just say Hawaii on them instead of Los Angeles. Now every single sign that Adam passes with Aloha written on it, he needs to singsong "aloooooooooooooo ha!".

And it's a yes on the rental car. On the way, Adam stops to document the rainforest plants on "DISS-play", as he likes to say. Just like INN-surance and UMM-brella. We don't even get a glimpse of their arrival at Aulani and it is never mentioned. Any yes, he really did say he doesn't know much about Hawaii and hasn't really done any research. Of course he said the same about NYC and had all sorts of plans anyway. I don't know why he wants to make it seem like he's flying by the seat of his pants when in reality he does have a definite plan. If he does any filming locations (like Superman in NYC), you know for sure he researched.

On top of all this, the usual lack of focus from his old camera is just constant in the dim lighting on the plane. It's almost headache inducing as he lingers on each item or object and waits 5+second for it to come into some kind of focus

And then in the end, while Adam is acting like this is some once in a lifetime trip he's taking his mom on, we find out this isn't even Mom's first visit to Hawaii, she and Rev Jim went just 3-4 years ago for their anniversary.
Once again, thank you @dirtnap101 for the detailed recap so that I don't have to watch.

This line that Adam is walking between "content" and "vacation" is so bizarre to me. The ridiculously low effort he puts into his videos indicates someone who hates what he's doing and would rather be doing anything else... but if that's the case, then why not just take a vacation and set the camera down for a while?

The answer, most probably, is the tax write-off. If he at least goes through the motions of making some half-assed videos and posting them, then he can scam some free money from Uncle Sam (i.e., the rest of us who actually work).

David's feisty today! Someone must be adjusting to Hawaii time and didn't get to sleep until noon before starting his day 😂

View attachment 2474532

The answer to that question, zonilo1, is that he doesn't have a passport nor does he care to "acquire" one.

View attachment 2474540

Yeah guys! He took down his Patreon years ago! He's self made and doesn't need to ask for your money even though he's chronically addicted to posting crappy, repetitive content for you to click on and watch which then directly benefits his income!
My schadenfreude is off the charts picturing Adam in a tropical paradise but completely unable to enjoy it because he's spending his time snipping at commenters on his YouTube videos. He's giving off real Jenn Tracker energy here, and I am here for it!

He did admit in today’s video that he has done no research on Hawaii.
If this were truly a vacation for him, then I'd be fine with that. Some people like to be more spontaneous on their vacations and take things as they come, and that's their prerogative. I'm personally more of a planner, but I'm not going to tell other people how to enjoy their time off.

But it's not a pure vacation for him. Rather it's this weird monetized pseudo business venture... that he's taken his mom along for. So yeah, he should be putting in a lot more effort. But his fans will watch him no matter what, so he has learned that he doesn't have to try at all anymore.

Reactions: 11
Jesus Christ, Adam, way to totally miss the point of what that person was saying. No, let's not even pretend to have sympathy for the people who keep you flush with cash to waste on Disney stock and DVC that are struggling to make ends meet right now. Let's make it about how you're so much not like those other grifters out there....you're too punk rock to have a patreon and ask people to buy your merch!
That's one of the most annoying things with him lately. How he oscillates between personalities. He's like Jenn Tracker these days, but with a penis.

He only "occasionally" looks at comments (remember?!), yet he seems to have an uncanny ability to seek out and respond to any critical comment under each new vlog.

And, in doing so, he sounds like a total prissy ass, dick of a pampered son of a witch manchild with his snarky responses.

Now, to the contrary, on the vlogs, he tries to come across so blasé...so indifferent to things.... so unconcerned where the day will take him.

Like - oh what's that? I just flew into Hawaii. Mom and me. First class. Am I on an airplane right now? Who knew? When in Rome... Are those dirty windows? What's this wine glass for? Not sure how long we'll be here in Hawaii... at this hotel...that I won't name even though we all know where I'm going... 7, 8... maybe 9 days... oh I'm just a free spirit... I go with the flow... we'll see what happens... who knows what day it is ... I'm easygoing like that...

Such a bleeping act. 🙄

Cuz then the SECOND someone calls him out on his bullshit - whether it's this, the concert he couldn't film at, Cousin Eddie's house, etc., he does a 180 and turns back into the REAL Adam... a total asshole.

He really has turned into a complete mental case. Even more than he was ever before.

Reactions: 21
Adam: "I have too many 'traditions' and things I feel like I have to do every year like DragonCon. So next year, I'm going to switch it up and do different stuff"

Also Adam: "I'm going to go to Hawaii every year for the rest of my life"
1695773015539.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here's a good one...you have to have something odd going upstairs to just post this randomly on an Adam the woo flight to Hawaii video:
1695773523050.png

As if Adam knows who Brooks Robinson is or cares about any Baltimore Oriole

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
What is the strategy behind doing a 50 minute vlog (can't remember the last time he had a vlog that long) about traveling to Hawaii and staying at Aulani because you're a DVC member, and not mentioning Aulani or showing your arrival there? What would people rather see, cheap LA t-shirts, your cup of coffee and your feet on the plane, or the welcome and your first look at Aulani?

• Heart
What is the strategy behind doing a 50 minute vlog (can't remember the last time he had a vlog that long) about traveling to Hawaii and staying at Aulani because you're a DVC member, and not mentioning Aulani or showing your arrival there? What would people rather see, cheap LA t-shirts, your cup of coffee and your feet on the plane, or the welcome and your first look at Aulani?
I think I can answer that!

Imagine you are a vlogger who has complete and utter contempt for your audience. You want those rubes to pay for your island vacation, so you naturally release a monetized video of your boring airplane flight. But you absolutely don't want to bump into any of them and have to actually talk with them on the off chance that they happen to be in the area, so since you think so little of them, you assume that they can't put 2 and 2 together to figure out where you're going, so you'll be all coy about it.

Ugh. Now I feel dirty having gotten into Adam's head a little bit. I'm going to go take a shower.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
As a lifelong traveler to Hawaii, I'd love to see hours of video of a 50 year old wanna-be punk, wandering around Oahu wearing ridiculous Mickey Mouse shirts (or maybe his Celebration tee), Dickies shorts, and Saucony tennis shoes with beige socks. We have that type here in the OC when the weather gets too hot and we are invaded by LA and IE trash.
---
Ugh. Now I feel dirty having gotten into Adam's head a little bit. I'm going to go take a shower.
Why? That's just about the emptiest place on planet earth. There isn't enough in there for bacteria to survive.

• Haha
I felt his panic at the declaration form. Pretty sure he asked the flight attendants if it was mandatory to fill out. Likely had a Karen type melt down that the Hawaiian govt was tracking him and his private info. Its the united states fgs he would scream! Yeah well states have their own health and safety rules David so f off if you don't like it. What info is he afraid of? We still do not know but it cant be good.

Reactions: 7
That's one of the most annoying things with him lately. How he oscillates between personalities. He's like Jenn Tracker these days, but with a penis.

He only "occasionally" looks at comments (remember?!), yet he seems to have an uncanny ability to seek out and respond to any critical comment under each new vlog.

And, in doing so, he sounds like a total prissy ass, dick of a pampered son of a witch manchild with his snarky responses.

Now, to the contrary, on the vlogs, he tries to come across so blasé...so indifferent to things.... so unconcerned where the day will take him.

Like - oh what's that? I just flew into Hawaii. Mom and me. First class. Am I on an airplane right now? Who knew? When in Rome... Are those dirty windows? What's this wine glass for? Not sure how long we'll be here in Hawaii... at this hotel...that I won't name even though we all know where I'm going... 7, 8... maybe 9 days... oh I'm just a free spirit... I go with the flow... we'll see what happens... who knows what day it is ... I'm easygoing like that...

Such a bleeping act. 🙄

Cuz then the SECOND someone calls him out on his bullshit - whether it's this, the concert he couldn't film at, Cousin Eddie's house, etc., he does a 180 and turns back into the REAL Adam... a total asshole.

He really has turned into a complete mental case. Even more than he was ever before.
OT but are we to assume Jenn doesn't have a penis herself? We already know she has Tim's balls in her possession 24/7. Okay back to shitting on David 😂

• Haha

Such a bleeping act. 🙄

There’s the next thread title - “Adam the Woo - Jenn Tracker with a penis”

• Haha
Reactions: 19
There’s the next thread title - “Adam the Woo - Jenn Tracker with a penis”
Is that confirmed though, or just supposition? I mean sure, he hangs out with Giggles a lot, but he hangs out with Giggles a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is that confirmed though, or just supposition? I mean sure, he hangs out with Giggles a lot, but he hangs out with Giggles a lot.
Adjusted it 🤣

Adam the Woo #13 - Jenn Tracker, but with a penis (...maybe?... we think?...I mean, he's gotta have one, right? 🥴)

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.