Adam the Woo #12 Day 75 of 50, losing eleventy eleven pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm...

Gilligan's Island pilot filming locations?
The Brady Bunch Hawaii episodes filming locations? (If he does this, I will watch. Not gonna lie. 😄)
Magnum P.I. seems probable.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hmmm...

The Brady Bunch Hawaii episodes filming locations? (If he does this, I will watch. Not gonna lie. 😄)
Definitely Magnum PI , it is from his beloved 80s

• Haha
Reactions: 7
He will probably do videos of “oh this is where this clip of Hawaii Five-0 was filmed, or some Elvis crap that nobody cares about. I haven’t watched him in a very long time, so I am relying on reports of shenanigans here.
@scopeyscope, same!😉😜
---
Hmmm...

@Southpaw33, same! 😉😜

Reactions: 3
He’ll want to go to Hanauma Bay to see where Blue Hawaii was shot, but will get pissed off and leave when he finds out the state cracked down on all the tourist trash in the bay and converted it to a nature sanctuary. You can still visit and snorkel, but you have to watch a video on protecting the reef before you head down, and they don’t let you bring food and junk with you. No way he puts up with that.

Oh, and they only let haoles down on certain days (kama’aina can go down any day it’s open).

Reactions: 7
I want to hope that he got the fancy "bed seats" on the plane for his mom's benefit, since she likely doesn't get to travel like this very often. But Adam, for someone who travels very often, always manages to come off as very 'country come to town.'

Reactions: 5
Ok, who is actually going to watch this 50-minute “flight experience” video? Not me!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Would be nice to implement like a "no watch Wednesday" where we could sort of measure the impact of hate watching on all the vloggers. Probably a flawed idea though.

I rarely watch Adam now maybe I will watch a video if people here really talk it up or it somehow catches my interest. But that is the exception to my personal no watch rule. I get it though if nobody posting here watched him there would basically be no discussion.

Reactions: 8
He did admit in today’s video that he has done no research on Hawaii.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
David's feisty today! Someone must be adjusting to Hawaii time and didn't get to sleep until noon before starting his day 😂

1695755609649.png

The answer to that question, zonilo1, is that he doesn't have a passport nor does he care to "acquire" one.

1695755686366.png

Yeah guys! He took down his Patreon years ago! He's self made and doesn't need to ask for your money even though he's chronically addicted to posting crappy, repetitive content for you to click on and watch which then directly benefits his income!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
A lot to unpack in this video:

Still has whatever it is on the end of his nose, and does not address it or explain it.

I love that in the intro, he explains everything he already explained in the previous video, and then says "so we've lost a day in the hotel in Hawaii that we're going to be staying at", but doesn't name it as Disney's Aulani. Then he says "it's ok because they are still going to be there for a week or more, 7 or 8 days, give or take a day." What does that mean? They might leave early? They might extend their stay? When and how will the decision to leave after 7 days or 8 days happen? Then at the 11 minute mark he again mentions how long they are staying and actually says, "7-8ish, 9ish days, I can't exactly remember." Imagine not knowing how long you're staying in Hawaii when you're the trip planner.

Adam does spring for first class for both of them.

It occurred to me that Hawaii, while obviously a US state, is very much like going to another country (except for no language difference). Yet Adam claims he has no desire to go "overseas". Hawaii is, essentially and physically, overseas. You even have to fill out a form to enter Hawaii, that says on it that's it mandatory for all passengers, officers and crew members. Adam has no idea about this form until it was handed to him, and can't figure out if they really actually need to fill it out (and of course travels with no pen).

1695755699955.png

I get the impression that Adam thinks you kinda have to fly Hawaiian Airlines to Hawaii, the same way some people might think you have to fly British Airways to get to London.

He's really in overexplaining mode on travel day (as usual). Honestly, this man thinks he's going to change things up next year and he can't even change things up in these flight videos, even when his mom is along. Rental car re-fuel, has to film his plane at his gate, has to film the awful tourist trap stores at the gate, has to point the camera out the small windows right before boarding, everything he drinks and eats.

Speaking of drinking, Adam decides to wait until he boards to get a coffee, and then a guy who flies dozens of times a year is surprised that they can't serve hot coffee until after takeoff. He and his mom got guava juice, then he quickly adds, "non-alcoholic guava juice." Who was thinking that the guava juice had vodka or rum in it? No one is thinking that, but he has to mention it. Then he reviews the available refreshments for First Class and notes "of course, my mom and I don't drink alcohol so this section isn't for us, but I've heard that if you're sitting in these seats you get unlimited booze." Adam must be an alcoholic from his punk band days or something. He's "heard" you get free alcoholic drinks in first class, he's not sure.

As far as "country come to town", Adam asks his mom if she "likes that pillow and blanket", like they were some sort of luxury item or something. He keeps pointing out that you can actually sleep on the plane if you wanted to :rolleyes: , like it's some new feature airlines just started offering. Really enjoying Adam's sneaker sole that has just walked all over a dirty airport and is now pressed up against his mom's hoodie:

1695754945793.png

Adam to his mom: "We're going 635 miles per hour right now" 🥴. You sure there was no alcohol in that guava juice, Adam?
1695755531750.png

Adam decides to watch Lilo and Stitch because "I think that was based in Hawaii". Mr. Disney just isn't 100% sure about it though.

Adam doesn't recognize macadamia nuts on sight. Guesses they might be nuts but isn't sure until mom tells him. He then documents every single thing provided to them for the meal..."and of course cutlery" and then he starts opening up the layers of his meals to show where the pasta is. Did someone tell Adam he can only write off the cost of the flight if he documents the number of forks and how many napkins they give out? Then he says "I believe it comes with a dessert option". Really Adam, you've been flying first class for 2-3 years and you're not totally sure that the meal comes with dessert? "And I'm in the middle of watching Lilo and Stitch", in case anyone watching forgot from 2 minutes ago.

"I don't think I've ever laid down flat on an airplane before" - Adam might want to see a neurologist, he can't remember and isn't sure about a great many things you would think he'd know for certain.

"I don't think that's dirt, I think that's ice"
1695756976153.png

Adam notices Hawaii is lush and green :rolleyes:. He actually becomes concerned when they pass the island and wonders why they haven't landed or made a u-turn yet. Hey look, it's the same crap t-shirts he showed us in LAX, they just say Hawaii on them instead of Los Angeles. Now every single sign that Adam passes with Aloha written on it, he needs to singsong "aloooooooooooooo ha!".

And it's a yes on the rental car. On the way, Adam stops to document the rainforest plants on "DISS-play", as he likes to say. Just like INN-surance and UMM-brella. We don't even get a glimpse of their arrival at Aulani and it is never mentioned. Any yes, he really did say he doesn't know much about Hawaii and hasn't really done any research. Of course he said the same about NYC and had all sorts of plans anyway. I don't know why he wants to make it seem like he's flying by the seat of his pants when in reality he does have a definite plan. If he does any filming locations (like Superman in NYC), you know for sure he researched.

On top of all this, the usual lack of focus from his old camera is just constant in the dim lighting on the plane. It's almost headache inducing as he lingers on each item or object and waits 5+second for it to come into some kind of focus

And then in the end, while Adam is acting like this is some once in a lifetime trip he's taking his mom on, we find out this isn't even Mom's first visit to Hawaii, she and Rev Jim went just 3-4 years ago for their anniversary.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Jesus Christ, Adam, way to totally miss the point of what that person was saying. No, let's not even pretend to have sympathy for the people who keep you flush with cash to waste on Disney stock and DVC that are struggling to make ends meet right now. Let's make it about how you're so much not like those other grifters out there....you're too punk rock to have a patreon and ask people to buy your merch!

• Sick
Reactions: 9
He's totally mad about the cancelled flight and rearranging but giving off this it's ok, we reschedule, added night here, well spend 8 or 9 days. He's seething behind it I think.

He's never had to fill out a declaration card before? He's acting like it's a brand new foreign object that he's never heard about. I used to keep a bunch on hand going back and forth between US and Canada until it became digital. Pre-fill it out now and have it done before going to the airport.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.