Adam Hattan #4 Going broke for DVC, $6000 on pins for oooh Gary C

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
L and r dreaming mentioned it too and although it's good they are calling it out, will they actually do anything? Will they stop going to Disney parks, buying disney merch etc? Of course they won't, so its pretty hollow statements
I'm canceling my reservation to the Epcot 40th. I don't think I'll be able to live with myself if I don't. I'm having a harder time with Disney+ and Hulu, which I guess makes me as big a hypocrite.

Of course, I can't cancel online, and the reservation line has a two hour hold time. But I will put up with it, because I want to make sure I can tell them why.

Reactions: 5
I'm canceling my reservation to the Epcot 40th. I don't think I'll be able to live with myself if I don't. I'm having a harder time with Disney+ and Hulu, which I guess makes me as big a hypocrite.

Of course, I can't cancel online, and the reservation line has a two hour hold time. But I will put up with it, because I want to make sure I can tell them why.
I don't think you're a hypocrite really. I think there's a difference between giving Disney a little bit for Disney+ a month versus spending thousands on a holiday.

Ultimately I don't judge anyone for doing/not doing boycotts but I feel like if Disney is part of your brand/job you are somewhat obligated to say something.

Reactions: 1
Can someone copy-paste the anti-lgbt part of the bill for me? I'm confused what everyone is so upset about, and also why it's Disney's responsibility to do something about it too.

Can someone copy-paste the anti-lgbt part of the bill for me? I'm confused what everyone is so upset about, and also why it's Disney's responsibility to do something about it too.
It's not Disney's "responsibility", it's about them hawking Pride merch whilst donating to politicians passing bills to make political points at the expense of LGBT kids and LGBT parents.

If they don't care then fine, but stop using Pride to make a buck and stop telling the community you've got their back.

And that's the last I'm commenting on it, this ain't a political forum and I'm not getting into a debate. (y)

Reactions: 10
This was the text of the email I sent them:

I am a 44-year-old bisexual man, with a decent amount of disposable income. I have loved your parks since I was a five year old on Peter Pan’s Flight for the first time, and I am grateful to finally be at a place in my life where I have both money and time to visit more frequently. However, I’ve just canceled a reservation for the 40th Anniversary of Epcot that I was really looking forward to, and at the moment, I don’t think I will ever be able to bring myself to visit again. Because you’ve proven, for however much you’d like to profit on Pride, you actually have no interest in supporting the LGBTQ+ community when it’s hard.

I would almost take the bromide of “We want to make things better by producing ‘inspiring content’” as legitimate if you honestly showed any real attempts to include queer stories. But you don’t, you pay lip service to it, and then give us a blink-and-you’ll-miss it kiss in a Star Wars movie. Or make sure that anything can be cut out for a release in homophobic international markets. Which apparently include Florida now, in part because of your inaction.

The real thing you could have done is use the uniquely powerful position you occupy to affect a piece of divisive, hurtful legislation, but you’ll settle instead to release a $20 rainbow cupcake in June and break your arm patting yourself on the back for being inclusive. I truly don’t know how your leadership can look your queer castmembers in the face. I know you have always been very supportive of those same castmembers, and that’s laudable, but given tacit support for something that makes life harder for our community at large basically undoes all of that. Because you hurt a lot more people than you help.

My contributions to your bottom line were incredibly meager, but I don’t think I’ll be able to live with myself if I keep adding to it. So, no more magic, no new memories. I’ll content myself with my old ones, as tainted as they currently are.

You are the villain here.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's not Disney's "responsibility", it's about them hawking Pride merch whilst donating to politicians passing bills to make political points at the expense of LGBT kids and LGBT parents.

If they don't care then fine, but stop using Pride to make a buck and stop telling the community you've got their back.

And that's the last I'm commenting on it, this ain't a political forum and I'm not getting into a debate. (y)
You covered it well. I just wanted to add that Disney last year created a fifth key in their cast member training and that 5th key is INCLUSION. It is a lot of talking, but they aren't walking the walk.

This was the text of the email I sent them:

I am a 44-year-old bisexual man, with a decent amount of disposable income. I have loved your parks since I was a five year old on Peter Pan’s Flight for the first time, and I am grateful to finally be at a place in my life where I have both money and time to visit more frequently. However, I’ve just canceled a reservation for the 40th Anniversary of Epcot that I was really looking forward to, and at the moment, I don’t think I will ever be able to bring myself to visit again. Because you’ve proven, for however much you’d like to profit on Pride, you actually have no interest in supporting the LGBTQ+ community when it’s hard.

I would almost take the bromide of “We want to make things better by producing ‘inspiring content’” as legitimate if you honestly showed any real attempts to include queer stories. But you don’t, you pay lip service to it, and then give us a blink-and-you’ll-miss it kiss in a Star Wars movie. Or make sure that anything can be cut out for a release in homophobic international markets. Which apparently include Florida now, in part because of your inaction.

The real thing you could have done is use the uniquely powerful position you occupy to affect a piece of divisive, hurtful legislation, but you’ll settle instead to release a $20 rainbow cupcake in June and break your arm patting yourself on the back for being inclusive. I truly don’t know how your leadership can look your queer castmembers in the face. I know you have always been very supportive of those same castmembers, and that’s laudable, but given tacit support for something that makes life harder for our community at large basically undoes all of that. Because you hurt a lot more people than you help.

My contributions to your bottom line were incredibly meager, but I don’t think I’ll be able to live with myself if I keep adding to it. So, no more magic, no new memories. I’ll content myself with my old ones, as tainted as they currently are.

You are the villain here.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Well said.....and it's great that you have cancelled your trip. It is the only thing Disney will understand.

I can't say Twattan will do the same thing. Indeed he's stupidly and naively put himself in position where it would be difficult to. I really really don't want to see anymore of him but if he really cares, he will withdraw support from Disney and start going to other theme parks more.

The things Disney is best at is disguising it is a fairly evil conglomerate that often petitions members of Congress and the senate, as well as local politicians, to get what of wants. It will never stop donating money to them.

Reactions: 2
The bill just says can't teach relationships and gender identity to kids who are like 6-9 years old - gay or straight or whatever. While we can definitely debate the validity, and/or the age cutoff, it's certainly doesn't seem objectively "hateful" to me, instead it's clear that the "outrage" created by it is politically motivated in order to try and oust DeSantis and the Republicans in favour of a democratic equivalent. Just read the headlines, it's ridiculously overblown. And also the reason nobody replied to my, can you show me?, question. Because it's not there.

Growing up in Europe, my first sex ed was in the 7th or 8th grade - a full 4-5 years later than this proposal, when kids were around 14-15 which makes a lot more sense, because some of that would become relevant for many of the kids relatively soon.

Besides, do you want super conservative schools to brainwash the kids at ages 6-9 with heterosexual and binary gender theory? Seems like that would open the door for truly hateful actions, completely suppressing any other perspective. With a bill like this, at least they grow up a bit first, have more experience in the real world, before any teacher can start hammering them with their ideology again.

Anyway, that's all I'll say on the matter, because like agathabeads said, it's not a political forum. I just think it's overkill to even begin to involve Disney at all, especially if you like them and their products in general.

Reactions: 8
Seems to me he didnt speak up till the Disney community spoke up to him! Another reason to dislike him immensely...

Disney CEO Bob Chapek Finally Slams “Don’t Say Gay” Bill, Says Tried To Work “Behind The Scenes”; Will Donate $5M, Meet With Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis – Update

UPDATED with response by DeSantis’ office: Disney CEO Bob Chapek finally came out swinging against Florida’s so-called “Don’t Say Gay” bill, telling shareholders at the annual meeting Wednesday that the company had always opposed the legislation but opted to work behind the scenes to try to influence lawmakers not to pass it.

That appeared to be unsuccessful.

“I understand our political approach, no matter how well intentioned, didn’t quite get the job done,” the chief executive said during the virtual meeting. He said Disney is signing a Human Rights Campaign petition against such bills across the country and donating $5 million for work to protect the LGBTQ+ community.

Chapek also he spoke with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis who has agreed to meet with Chapek and some of the company’s LGBTQ+ employees in Florida. “I look forward to visiting with the governor with a small delegation of cast members who are involved in this movement,” the CEO said. He noted that the company will be reassessing its “political giving in Florida and beyond.”

Later Wednesday, a rep for DeSantis confirmed Disney contacted his office for the first time regarding HB 1557, a bill critics call “Don’t Say Gay,” that he took the call, and that his position on the legislation hasn’t changed.

No meeting with Chapek has been scheduled yet, according to a tweet by the spokesperson, Christina Pushaw.

The “Don’t Say Gay” bill would effectively ban discussion of the LGBTQ+ community and “sexual orientation or gender identity” in the state’s public schools from kindergarten to third grade.

Chapek’s silence on the legislation was deafening and a statement earlier this week drew more condemnation in and outside the company with its promise to hold “a more fulsome conversation about this” at a company-wide summit planned for April — by which time the proposal may well have been signed into law by DeSantis.

Chapek made his comments not at the top of show but after he’d finished lengthy prepared remarks with no mention of the controversy, and after Disney’s general counsel invited shareholders with questions to queue up electronically at the virtual meeting. “I’d like to take moment to address some concerns I’ve heard from many about the legislation impacting the LGTQ+ community in Florida,” he said.

Here’s it is:

While we have been strong supporters of the community for decades, I know that many are upset that we did not speak out against the bill. We were opposed to the bill from the outset, but we chose not to take a public position on it because we felt we could be more effective working behind the scenes, engaging directly with lawmakers on both sides of the aisle. And we were hoping that our longstanding relationships with those lawmakers would enable us to achieve a better outcome. But, despite weeks of effort, we were ultimately unsuccessful.

I called Governor DeSantis this morning to express our disappointment and concern that if the legislation becomes law it could be used to target [LGBTQ+} kids and families. The governor heard our concerns. He agreed to meet with me and LGBTQ+ members of our senior team in Florida to discuss ways to address that.

Certainly the outcome in Florida was not what many of us were hoping for – especially our LGBTQ+ employees. And unfortunately legislation targeting their communities is being considered in many other states, which means this fight will go on. So today, we are signing the human rights campaign statement opposing such legislative efforts around the country and pledging $5 million towards organizations including the HRC working to protect LGBTQ rights.

As I wrote to our employees earlier this week, we are committed to supporting community organizations like these so they are equipped to take on these fights. Meanwhile, we are also reassessing our approach to advocacy, including political giving in Florida and beyond.

I understand our original approach, no matter how well intentioned, didn’t quite get the job done. But we are committed to supporting the community going forward.

Reactions: 3
“I understand our political approach, no matter how well intentioned, didn’t quite get the job done,” the chief executive said during the virtual meeting. He said Disney is signing a Human Rights Campaign petition against such bills across the country and donating $5 million for work to protect the LGBTQ+ community.
HRC is refusing the money until he actually does more than just talk. Which, right on.

But we honestly can talk this until we're blue in the face. The point is that all these queer vloggers will talk a fair game and then buy the rainbow cupcake anyway.

" prohibiting a school district from encouraging classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in primary grade levels or in a specified manner, etc."

Part of the problem with the bill is the vagueness on some parts like what is above. If a student has a gay parent(s) or family member, they should be able to talk about it without violating the bill. For example, kids are going to question, "Why does Billy have two moms or dads?" and the teacher is supposed to shut them down or change the subject or tell Billy not to mention his family. It is easy to read the blurb about not teaching sex ed to K-3rd graders and think, of course, this shouldn't happen, but that isn't really the point of it. It is being used as cover for other provisions.

Back to Adam, he is in a pickle now with having just bought DVC and his brand being mostly about Disney. Also, they own so much, it will be difficult to stop supporting anything to do with the company and its subsidiaries. You can still love Disney and want them to do better. We shall see what happens in the future with his new guide being released soon.

• Heart
It is easy to read the blurb about not teaching sex ed to K-3rd graders and think, of course, this shouldn't happen, but that isn't really the point of it. It is being used as cover for other provisions.
The language is so vague, everyone is overlooking the big about how things are allowed "if age appropriate" without defining what that means or who gets to decide. So, in theory, that can shut down any discussion at all, no matter the grade level.

Didn't that's holiday company he worked with sell out a coach trip to Disneyland paris with Adam a while ago or was that a weird fever dream I had?

I'm guessing it got cancelled/postponed due to covid but I don't remember seeing any kind of announcement about it in his social media which is why I'm wondering if I imagined it...

You didn't. It was supposed to happen in, I want to say the summer of 2020, and he started talking it up right around the time COVID started to get really bad.

Adam's last video is so boring. Same old stuff, with him doing rides on his own, paying $15 extra to do Rise of Resistance for god knows what time, and just generally looks quite miserable. At one point he meets up with a female version of him, and has to expressly say "I'm sorry, we're having such good disney-related conversation that time has flown by!" - it's like when he was referring to those other women he met as "great friends" even though he just met them, and only spent time with them in the parks, there's some kind of uncertainty and insecurity about the fact that he's completely alone - which is totally understandable. I did Disney alone for the first time this year, and to me it was an extremely bad experience. I can't even imagine what Adam's trips would be like if he didn't have to record himself pretending to enjoy it for his e-begging and merch flogging.

He looks tired, even though he's supposed to be on holiday...

Reactions: 4
He is either less confident on his own, or doesn't feel the need to act up to the camera in competition. He is very noticeably talking quieter/more normal, his 'morning' isn't as loud , less camp/dramatics.

I also don't understand Adam and garys obsession with not being able to get stuff home. I've bought all sorts back from florida and as long as you pack it right it's fine. Nothing in today's vlog looked overly problematic

Reactions: 7
Attaboy Adam! You keep up the caramel lattes and bakery treats.. I like ‘em chunky 😋. Shame it was chilly and we didn’t see any shorts 😠. Roll on Spring and Summer! While you have another moomoocheroo, I’m off to the garden shed with the iPad and a fistful of the wife’s handcream 🙂👍🏻

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
His life is so sad. He was excited to meet his 'mate' that he met the day before. Twattan has a sad sad life filled with transactional relationships.

Adam, for fucks sake, build your own life.....not one that depends on an evil conglomerate and its other sad sad followers.

Also......very jowley

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.