Adam Hattan #4 Going broke for DVC, $6000 on pins for oooh Gary C

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't get that at all. GaryCam always feels so incredibly fake to me, and it seems like he's just there for the free holiday. It gives him opportunity to spend all of his the British taxpayer's money on disposable consumer crap and get pushed around in a wheelchair like an Egyptian queen on a litter. Perhaps Adam is guilty of using him for the views, but Gary is not there because he loves his buddy so much.
🤔 had a rethink and you're probably right, I think I got the grateful vibe pre pandemic but I did get the feeling that Gary wasn't in the mood for it during the last vlog

Reactions: 2
Age might be catching up with Gary, he and I are similar age. While 40 is absolutely not old and you should be able to do disney with ease, I know how the pandemic and lockdowns has impacted my body. Also the older you get the harder you have to work to look after yourself and stay fit and healthy.

For Gary his unhealthy lifestyle for decades is going to age him quicker than others. He also looked older in the recent vlog series

Reactions: 3
My perceptions of the last two years are probably skewed because I never locked down. I mean, there were the ancillary things like getting groceries delivered and not being able to go to the gym (and then even when I could, the experience of working out with a mask on was so miserable, I didn't bother), but I never stopped going to work. I know my husband's experience, where he was WFH for about five months, was different, but he wasn't that active of a guy before. Nowhere near Gary's level.

But I don't think we should give Gary a pass. If anything, COVID didn't really affect him.

Gary would benefit from getting down the local pool and walk in the water. It is so much easier on the joints and would be able to build up his strength, but I imagine his anxiety would not cope with that.

On one hand I feel bad for him as I have only recently learned the struggles of dealing with a physical illness while managing a mental one and it is hard. But I also get the sense that he doesn't do much to try and help his situation, almost like he has given up and this is what his life is like. And I am just not sure what lasting impression this Disney trip will have made on him if it is his happy place but he can no longer enjoy it as he once did.

And, how will Adam's channel cope with prolonged Gary C absenses?! Is he going to transition to child author for his money?!

Reactions: 5
Gary would benefit from getting down the local pool and walk in the water. It is so much easier on the joints and would be able to build up his strength, but I imagine his anxiety would not cope with that.
His anxiety doesn't seem to bother him when he's around 10K people at Disney. He can handle a few dozen at the pool.

But he doesn't want to do anything for himself.

Reactions: 8
Adam is featured heavily in Disney in Detai’s latest. He’s looking good. deffo put a bit of weight on but I like it 🙂. She’s looking.. erm yeah.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've never really watched Gary outside of his appearances with Adam, but I've always had the impression that he's as big a prissy witch as Adam, if not bigger.
Definitely. His voice is mellow and is not playing for the camera. He curses and even says the "C" in Gary C stands for See you Next Tuesday. I prefer the Instagram Live Gary much more because he is being genuinely himself. He is still Gary, but much more real and likable to me.

I don't know though... the niece and nephew seem to be there all the time so I just assumed the sister lives at home too but maybe his mum does childcare for her.
His Mum watches them sometimes after school and babysits. He did another live today (after a coral media break) and actually addressed this when someone asked. I guess Gary put out a new video recently with the niece and nephew so people were asking about them.

I am coming off like such a stan but appreciate that he does not monetize the videos with his niece and nephew. He also switches it to family-friendly with no comments. I will give him some credit for not trying to make $$$ off of kids. Plenty of other vloggers exploit kids for the YouTube money.

He also said that Adam and he had the Wish booked for June but it was canceled. The new ship is delayed so a bunch were canceled. It wasn't the inaugural, but was the 4th or 5th. They haven't rescheduled because Adam wanted to blog series to be special as one of the first few sailings. Says a lot about Adam. It was all for the views.

Also, because the cruise was canceled, Disney Cruise Line offered the affected people 50% the next cruise. <---Gary didn't say this. I know it from being a DCL fan. Hopefully, he will use it wisely. Alaska would be a good one. Even if he is boring, the landscape is gorgeous.

Last edited:
If he was meant to sail with Adam it’s probably unlikely Gary will see any of the 50% voucher as Adam usually pays for the trips

If he was meant to sail with Adam it’s probably unlikely Gary will see any of the 50% voucher as Adam usually pays for the trips
I bet. I am not sure if the discount follows the room or the people, but regardless, Adam will probably take Gary on the next cruise anyway. There is an expiration date so they need to use or lose.

It is just odd to me that they wouldn't reschedule for the next available, but it seems like Adam was mainly interested in going for the vlogs, not to really enjoy the new ship.

What is wrong with only wanting to vlog a new experience. You tube is his job and he would be late to the party and then get moaned at for jumping on the bandwagon.

Reactions: 1
What is wrong with only wanting to vlog a new experience. You tube is his job and he would be late to the party and then get moaned at for jumping on the bandwagon.
I get what you mean, but to cancel outright just because you can't get on one of the early ones seems a bit cutting off your nose to spite your face. He would still be among one of the first, especially in the UK market, even if he went any point in the first year or so. Plus he has a decent following and his cruise vlogs tend to do well anyway. He wasn't even on the very first sailing anyway so the 'exclusivity' wasn't his anyway.

Also if you're a real disney and/or cruise fan you'd want to be on it anyway regardless of vlogs.

Reactions: 4
I would love to see some of the UK vloggers do the Alaska cruise. But DCL is outrageously expensive on that route, I am going to Canada/Alaska in Aug. DCL was $7,558 for a balcony room and $4860 for an inside cabin. I really wanted a balcony so went with another company who was 4,000 cheaper with free wifi. I couldn't find any vlogs of Brits on the Alaska cruise, did find a written trippie on the Dibb and a DCLFan podcast. Seems people who do it rave about it but the price is just too steep. The Wish is doing the Bahamas-Castaway route and prices for next year are the same as the Dream from what I can see.

Reactions: 4
He also said that Adam and he had the Wish booked for June but it was canceled. The new ship is delayed so a bunch were canceled. It wasn't the inaugural, but was the 4th or 5th. They haven't rescheduled because Adam wanted to blog series to be special as one of the first few sailings. Says a lot about Adam. It was all for the views.
I mean, how many times can he go to the same stops and have adventures watch movies in his cabin?

Reactions: 5
Sam has a new video out of a WDW trip with his boyfriend. What a difference seeing two people who enjoy being around each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.