Adam Hattan #2 Lives Rent Free, Desperate to go to Disney, Money-grabbing with Gary C

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gary C is all over Insta lives lately. I used to really like him however he is growing in arrogance. While most of us are struggling managing work and family life and have the odd holiday to look forward to, he can do as he pleases, when he pleases.

I don’t think I’ll be back in Disney until at least 2023 as I have to factor in annual leave, school hols and finances - seems he could just go as soon as those US borders open.

Maybe he should try do some voluntary work - help others as I’m sure he has something to give and this wouldn’t have the ties of full-time work (I don’t mean volunteering at the Hattan company)

Reactions: 9
They really do represent the more vile mean girls side of the disney vlogging community. In fact it's pretty ironic, considering disneys values the vlogging community around it is pretty toxic

Reactions: 4
Yet he has just so much anxiety he can’t work! But no problem whatsoever with putting his whole life on social media and interacting with hundreds of people. How are the disability laws in the uk so lax?
He has a rare form that prevents him from doing anything he doesn't want to do.

Tragic, really.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm not against benefits at all, in fact my mum is on disability benefits. But when you have someone claiming benefits living a better and more extravagant life than those who work and wasting money on unimportant things, something is wrong

Reactions: 12
I too believe in a benefits system. I fundamentally back the principal that there are times, sometimes lifetimes, where people need the support of the state. I don;t begrudge anyone that and will back it always.

My difficulty with Gary is that he claims anxiety stops him working, but will quite happily talk to people, sometimes lots of people, during instagram lives and the like. Surely, there are opportunities for work.......call centre (working from home).

As I said this morning, I think these two are dangerously narcissistic and jump on the bandwagon of another brand.

Reactions: 10
I'm not against benefits at all, in fact my mum is on disability benefits. But when you have someone claiming benefits living a better and more extravagant life than those who work and wasting money on unimportant things, something is wrong
I'm a psychiatrist, and I have a number of patients on disability...for truly debilitating things, like schizophrenia. And I'm deeply grateful for the existence of the US' incredibly meager safety net for them. I even have some patients with absolutely crippling anxiety...who don't spend their time hopping from Disney vacation to Disney vacation.

But I also take a very dim view of people who are trying to exploit the system. Maybe the UK, who seems to prefer not letting its citizens starve to death, has enough to go around, but here, with so few resources, it's a special kind of scum that tries to game the system. I had a patient come in for an initial appointment last week, specifically so I could fill out a disability form. This after I didn't find any acute pathology. I told her I'd fill out the form, but I would do it honestly and it probably wouldn't help her.

So, yeah. Maybe Gary does have other issues that aren't apparent from his videos. But someone constantly traipsing off to expensive vacations (with handy certification that he can't wait in line in tow), I just don't see it. Plus, there's something to be said for someone who doesn't work, spends all of his money, and lives at home with his parents at 40. His parents won't be around forever, so what happens when they're gone, and social services decides to turn off the faucet?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has Gary ever spoken about his issues on his YouTube or Instagram before? Like more in-depth than just 'I have anxiety' or the like?

Because he could have used his platform to talk more openly about mental health issues and make a genuine community about it, maybe even speaking candidly about going to Disney and how it feels when he's there, when he's travelling, even prior to travelling.

I think everyone is aware it's Adam footing the bill, but the overall cost is making Gary look like he is taking advantage of the disability benefits when he can swan off across the pond for vlogs with his friend, go on a cruise ect. Which could potentially result in someone reporting him about it and him possibly being snookered.

I say potentially and possibly, because it doesn't seem like anyone really knows his issues, how bad they are, what could be his triggers that set him off, or if it just is waking up and he just isn't in that right mindset.

It also makes me wonder though, does his parents have a plan for what will happen to him when they go? Are any of them thinking that far ahead? Which, granted no one really wants to think about things like that, but surely they would need to?

It also makes me wonder though, does his parents have a plan for what will happen to him when they go? Are any of them thinking that far ahead? Which, granted no one really wants to think about things like that, but surely they would need to?
Seriously. Does he cook for himself? Do his own laundry?

Seriously. Does he cook for himself? Do his own laundry?
Am going to going no. But he did say in one of the cruise vlogs that he has lived away from home, so he must have cooked for himself and done his own washing at the time. So in the past he has done, but now he's home, he probably doesn't.

Reactions: 1
Being the social butterfly and keeping his anxiety at bay in knappily’s vlog 🙄. This man is the dregs of society.

Reactions: 2
Adam and his posse are the prime example of those who dont have friends, just mutual people who rely on eachother for material gain and dump eachother when no long of use. They aren't real friendships. Everything is so surface level with all of them, they all lack depth and its so obvious

Reactions: 8
I think Gary has a brother or sister so I’m sure he’ll move in and sponge off of them when mommy and daddy kick the bucket.

Adam and his posse are the prime example of those who dont have friends, just mutual people who rely on eachother for material gain and dump eachother when no long of use. They aren't real friendships. Everything is so surface level with all of them, they all lack depth and its so obvious
Absolutely agree 👏👏👏

Reactions: 3
Don't forget that they get the DAS (Disability pass) when at the parks, too. I definitely throw some side-eye that they do this.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Don't forget that they get the DAS (Disability pass) when at the parks, too. I definitely throw some side-eye that they do this.
hasnt this always been an inherent issue with the disability service which was open to exploitation.
I think the way das worked before alongside fastpasses meant it didn’t have much of a benefit worth exploiting, you still had to wait the length of the standby line anyway and could only have one wait time active.

hasnt this always been an inherent issue with the disability service which was open to exploitation.
I think the way das worked before alongside fastpasses meant it didn’t have much of a benefit worth exploiting, you still had to wait the length of the standby line anyway and could only have one wait time active.
You still have to wait but you don't have to do it in the line. So instead of waiting in line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for 90 minutes, you are free to relax elsewhere. I know it doesn't get you immediate access, but not having to stand in long lines is still really nice, especially if you don't truly need it. It definitely is abused but I am glad the option is there for those in genuine need.

Yes to be honest when we went in 2019 it was really good having the DAS for my daughter. She gets horrific migraines if she's out in the sun too long so we could register her, sit in an air conditioned area and go back at the right time. Wouldn't suit everyone but a blessing for our family.

You still have to wait but you don't have to do it in the line. So instead of waiting in line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for 90 minutes, you are free to relax elsewhere. I know it doesn't get you immediate access, but not having to stand in long lines is still really nice, especially if you don't truly need it. It definitely is abused but I am glad the option is there for those in genuine need.
Hopefully with the new scheme changes it will minimise exploitation of it.

Yes to be honest when we went in 2019 it was really good having the DAS for my daughter. She gets horrific migraines if she's out in the sun too long so we could register her, sit in an air conditioned area and go back at the right time. Wouldn't suit everyone but a blessing for our family.
Absolutely. I am really glad it is available for those who need it.

Reactions: 3
I think Gary has a brother or sister so I’m sure he’ll move in and sponge off of them when mommy and daddy kick the bucket.
Does he?

They must be keeping well away if Gary doesn't speak of them. Although I wonder if they will have more boundaries than their parents do?

Like for Gary to live there he will need to actual contribute to the the household in some way, even if it's just doing the basic cleaning? Maybe using some of his money to pay his rent - given how much he spends on pins, a £100 a month would be nothing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.