Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mark81

VIP Member
So Adam has posted multiple stories of making friendship bracelets for the Taylor concert.

I'm sorry but a 30 year old man doing something teenage girls do is...a choice. I get it's a 'thing' for Taylor (which reconfirms she's aimed at and stuck in teenage years). But still.

So, you meet a guy in his 30s and he has disney all over his home, has a self created disney job, reads YA gay lit and has posters on his wall AND he is a swiftie and makes friendship bracelets. These things are also all he can talk about and has any knowledge of.

🚩

• Wow
Reactions: 10

Babyshark

VIP Member
Wondering if this is so the factory staff know who not to say “how shit does this book look” to

• Haha

Geetbo

VIP Member
Fuuuuuucking hell it’s even shitter than I dared hope😂😂😂

Also a 30 year old man writing about 14 year olds’ boners is weird as fuck.

• Haha
  • Sick
I know this is a nitpick, but what teenager is called Helen? He didn’t even try to find names that suit the age range he’s targeting. No offence to any Helen’s out there, but it’s more suited to a middle aged person, not a teenager.

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
Not sure I've ever heard men's pecs described as 'voluptuous', I think you'd be laughed out any gym if you called a guys pecs that

• Haha

GSquaredUWS

VIP Member
Tearing into a 10 year old girl after ripping every other female character is genuinely shocking. Will he call a baby a cunt before this is over?

• Haha
  • Angry

GSquaredUWS

VIP Member
He actually thought he could get a book traditionally published 😂 Before “ultimately deciding” to self publish. Or in plain English being rejected so it was the only option.

• Haha

GSquaredUWS

VIP Member
Just sat at work doing some online equality, diversity and inclusion training and Adams job advert for a marketing person definitely broke the rules. You shouldn't mention age full stop in a job advert
Initially Adam typed ''young, white, single, slim, attractive gay man, preferably with American citizenship, bonus available if you look like Flynn Ryder'' Then he thought, I went too far so young person, white, single, slim, attractive gay man, preferably with American citizenship, bonus availoable if you look like Flynn Ryder

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
In the latest vlog he says he sent it off for proof reading but when it came back with all the grammar corrections he decided to reject some of them because he thought his version made the writing ”flow better”. He doesn’t like too many commas, or the rules around when they’re required and he won’t have hyphens because he doesn’t like “hyphenisation”. He went on some diatribe how his entire family are dyslexic and he considers hyphens to be difficult for dyslexic people to understand. Translation: “I know better than the proof reader”.
Doesn't this just sum him up completely.

If he has really ignored a qualified and experienced proof reader and sent it to print then he is an idiot. You don't get to pick and choose what grammar and spelling you do and don't like Adam

• Haha

starri

VIP Member
What kind of psychopath orders a well-done steak that cost $300.

We’ll just declare this the latest crime Adam should pay for.

• Wow
  • Sick

Mark81

VIP Member
Someone needs to tell him that every line of dialogue doesn't need a 'he said' or similar. You can just write the dialogue

Tabitha

VIP Member
My version of hell is listening to Adam’s laugh, speeded up for eternity

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9

GSquaredUWS

VIP Member
In fairness, all authors writing children and young lit will be adults.

But you also have to be responsible in how you write and portray those events
Yep I don’t read YA but I have heard authors interviewee on podcasts and I’ve yet to hear any author giggling and winking about the “spice” in their book when the characters are so young. They’re usually a bit painful because they talk about finding the balance of being realistic without scaring their audience and bringing in consent without making it finger wagging. Which is understandable. Adam’s problem is that we all know the character is him and we know he squeals at the face characters like a tween girl and we know any spice is very much current Adam him fantasising about the teenage character because in his mind he is still a teenager.

The way he talks about it is inappropriate but then so is whistling and whooping at face characters and so are his slut bracelets. He sees himself as a teenager but he is walking around as a burly bearded man who looks mid 30s so people won’t consider any of his behaviour “cute”. Putting on an ill fitting brown/orange combo that made him look like an extra in The Mary Tyler Moore Show ages him even further and makes him creepier to a teen audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 9