Adam Hattan #11 The sidekick in his own life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Must admit, the Gary comment made me laugh loudly. Adam pays for a ’make me an author‘ experience, feels stressed, talks to Gary whose answer is to go to Disney.

So Adam goes, flies Upper, pays THOUSANDS for two strangers to enjoy an experience, all at the drop of a hat.

So many things about it amuse me but that it was Gary’s advice is just sensational. “You know what you should do, Adam? Hear me out, it’s something out of the box. Go to Disney. I know, I know, it’s something you never do, but you’re so stressed. You deserve it. You don’t have to take me this time.“

Gary lives such a sedentary lifestyle that I’m not sure he should give advice on anything ever, unless it’s to express regret at a complete waste of a life. I wrote that line and felt a little mean, but it is really the truth.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Adam 'the author' after a day of financial flexing fantasising about the guys he has tried to buy

Screenshot_20240626_072958_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I mean, I try to be kind because I was a late bloomer as well....which is a strange thing to say because my soon-to-be-ex-husband and I had been together for five years when I was Adam's age...but what the hell is wrong with Adam that he doesn't want to have any kind of adult romantic and/or sexual relationship. I know he seems to want the hottest jock on campus to sweep him off his feet, a la Heartstopper, but we know he's on Grindr, so it's not like he's a complete naif.

Reactions: 1
How are you getting on then?
I left off on page 7 - im having a hard time following it…go figure. Maybe this weekend I’ll try to pick it back up for a few pages
---
Speaking of Gary’s support to Adam to go and relax in WDW, I will give you all a little something for a bedtime story

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So Gary couldn’t even be arsed to actually read it and instead had Adam read him bedtime stories over FaceTime 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Supporting each other through life's tribulations? what would that be for Gary C. His benefits not hitting the bank account or missing out on a new Funko/Pin. :unsure::cautious::rolleyes:

Reactions: 11
That is such a strange acknowledgement. On the one hand it sounds he thinks it is an acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Prize but on the other hand it is like he had written it for the Disney fan base, as opposed to a regular person that just decided to try a new author and wouldn’t have a clue who Gary C is.

And Gary “hearing it” not reading it, is a bit amusing.

Reactions: 5
The sad thing is Gary is only there for the perks.

So Adam really has no other friends or family he can gush about loving and supporting him

Reactions: 3
I left off on page 7 - im having a hard time following it…go figure. Maybe this weekend I’ll try to pick it back up for a few pages
---
Speaking of Gary’s support to Adam to go and relax in WDW, I will give you all a little something for a bedtime story
You can tell he used the more expensive paper... Which is a waste of money for a first novel and fun holiday read, really... Just completely unnecessary.

To be fair Gary does seem to be a very supportive friend - all of his friends gush about him quite regularly but I imagine as he’s unemployed he’s always available if they need someone to talk to (and is up all hours of the night) and is the type of person who would agree with his friends always rather than challenging ever and is always willing to be a plus one 😂

Reactions: 3
I don't seem Gary as supportive at all tbh. He just tells people what they want to hear and sticks by people who give him things. It's very telling with who his friendship group is. He also has no life experience so he isn't exactly well places to be giving advice

Reactions: 6
So Adam was in his childhood bedroom with Gary C reading him the first chapters of this dreck in between £10,000 trips to Disney. Is his family mentioned in the acknowledgements at all? They’re clearly enablers and financiers but their absence makes it seem like they are ashamed to have it known.

The Brogans and the Adams call Gary a great friend because he has no grasp on reality. He won’t say “how much for a cruise?” “Do you really think you should go on holiday again after being on a 3 month long one?” “Do you really thinks it’s worth spending 3K on Upper” He just tells them every decision is amazing and he will stay up all night listening to them rattle on. It’s what their egos need but good luck leaning on Gary when you have real problems. Losing his own grandmother didn’t even register on his face. He said it like he broke a nail and then mentioned how much she left him and what he bought. I suspect Gary’s anxiety and leg pain would conveniently play up if asked to anything that requires sacrifice but he’s in peak condition anytime a friend wants to give him a day out or a holiday.

Reactions: 6
---
The book says he met Gary C in 2024. Ten years ago. So Adam would have been 20, right? So what’s he on about with this “childhood bedroom” thing?

..but what the hell is wrong with Adam that he doesn't want to have any kind of adult romantic and/or sexual relationship.
To some extent Gary and Adam share this same issue. Adam wants the super hot American Flynn. Since he can’t have that he chooses nobody. Gary wanted to be a famous pop star. He took classes, he sang at a holiday resort for a season. When he didn’t become famous immediately he went back to bed and will not do any other career. So both of them have an unrealistic fantasy and one that wouldn’t even work out for them. Adam would not be able to keep a smoking hot trophy boyfriend. Gary would have a breakdown if he was famous and had to deal with the tabloids.

They are both able to live like this because they have parents who enable them. 99% of people are not in a relationship with their fantasy. 99.9% of people are not rich and famous. Get in line boys. Find a cute local guy Adam. Go work behind the scenes Gary and use the connections and money to sing as a side hustle. But noooo. Not two very special, unique people like them.
---
The book says he met Gary C in 2024. Ten years ago. So Adam would have been 20, right? So what’s he on about with this “childhood bedroom” thing?
Sounds like he’s back at home quite a bit. Enough to be holed up there typing the first few chapters and having Gary over to read to him. Probably shaking mummy down to pay his credit card bill when he was there. He only did 3 drafts so those first chapters were not written that long ago.

Reactions: 8