Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can confirm that CT Hollywood Filter and Collection Filter Finish are virtually identical. The only difference I can discern is about £30 😂
I feel the same way about that and the ELF version. A youtuber (possibly pampered wolf) said that she preferred the ELF version to CT version.

Reactions: 2
That’s nice, just had a look.
Blusher is my crack. I have far too many for the years I have left on earth.
My favourite was a couple of quid from Boots Collection. It was all I used to use. Bastards changed the packaging, and the shade, although they called it the same name - but totally different. It used to be called Pink Cloud, still is but completely different shade to the original. I still have some of the old version, I am eking it out.
So, for the last few years I have spent so much money on blushes to try and find my forever shade. I have gone high end (Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, loads more) right down to Primark, not bad actually but can’t find a shade near to the one I like. Until this week when I spotted what looks like a very expensive replacement - Hermes but it’s 65 quid! However just looked up an old article for the Boots one and it says Mac Well Dressed might be a dupe for the old one, the same one @Gold_7 mentions! Will check that out.
Mac Well Dressed is my absolute favourite blush - it is such a beautiful colour. But I think it has been discontinued 😢

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Mac Well Dressed is my absolute favourite blush - it is such a beautiful colour. But I think it has been discontinued 😢
Noooo! That’s the only blush I use!

ETA: bugger, it’s true. I’m going to have to ration mine. 🙁 Ok, have to search for a dupe for that now!

Last edited:
Have any of you lovely ladies any recommendations for forehead wrinkles? They're not bad yet but I want to really try and put off going down the route of botox.
I have tried retinol and it was too harsh for my skin, I think it was the lowest % too. I wouldn't usually consider my skin as sensitive. I have combination skin but it is starting to become drier than it was a few years ago.

Anyone recommend a shampoo that will actually help fine hair? Greasy roots dry ends, every shampoo I buy just doesn't help

Anyone recommend a shampoo that will actually help fine hair? Greasy roots dry ends, every shampoo I buy just doesn't help
I use the alfa parf reconstruction shampoo and love it. But the game changer for my hair was changing the way I washed it. I seen it on some tiktok about working the shampoo into your hair and then rinsing it for a lot longer than you would think it needs. I can easily get a week between washes now without it being greasy

Have any of you lovely ladies any recommendations for forehead wrinkles? They're not bad yet but I want to really try and put off going down the route of botox.
I have tried retinol and it was too harsh for my skin, I think it was the lowest % too. I wouldn't usually consider my skin as sensitive. I have combination skin but it is starting to become drier than it was a few years ago.
A fringe?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Noooo! That’s the only blush I use!

ETA: bugger, it’s true. I’m going to have to ration mine. 🙁 Ok, have to search for a dupe for that now!
Im on my last pan of it and it’s nearly all gone 😢
If you find a dupe please let me know - I’m having no luck so far!

• Heart
Nuface mini. Creams and lotions and potions won’t do anything.

Has anyone tried the Mielle Rosemary Mint Oil for Scalp and Hair? All the drama around it and some black women saying white women shouldn’t use it and such has peaked my interest- is it really that good?

Reactions: 5
I really want to try it now I have read about it. Have a lot of hormonal loss and thinning. It's in my cart. :love:

Has anyone tried the Mielle Rosemary Mint Oil for Scalp and Hair? All the drama around it and some black women saying white women shouldn’t use it and such has peaked my interest- is it really that good?
Why shouldn’t white women use it?

Why shouldn’t white women use it?
Mielle is a black owned brand that created a hair oil that catered for textured (Afro Caribbean) hair. An influencer (who is white) bought it and mentioned on her Tik Tok that it was working well in the few weeks she had used it and sold out and some places started to increase their prices. One person commented saying ‘The natural hair product section is so small, y’all have hundreds of brands catered to your hair and we have about 10 that actually work’
Black women have taken to leaving horrible comments on white women’s social media that talk about the products and give it a negative review saying that it’s for black women only.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I can understand the ire about the price hike, always annoying, but the business person is black and going to earn well out of it, so in that respect seeing a black business do well is cheering. And maybe it will bring more black businesses into the market.

I don’t like dictators in any sphere, particularly hate all this cultural appropriation malarky, unless it is an appropriation that encourages racism. Leaving horrible comments is not on. What any one chooses to wear or use is not really anybody’s business. One of my black colleagues wears a blond wig. I must tell her to remove it as she has no right to wear it, or maybe I should just mind my own business and let her crack on.

Reactions: 3
I can understand the ire about the price hike, always annoying, but the business person is black and going to earn well out of it, so in that respect seeing a black business do well is cheering. And maybe it will bring more black businesses into the market.

I don’t like dictators in any sphere, particularly hate all this cultural appropriation malarky, unless it is an appropriation that encourages racism. Leaving horrible comments is not on. What any one chooses to wear or use is not really anybody’s business. One of my black colleagues wears a blond wig. I must tell her to remove it as she has no right to wear it, or maybe I should just mind my own business and let her crack on.
These are the sort of comments being left:
FA52BAF8-D08A-453C-8A7E-8F3FE4234B44.jpeg
5BDC6AC4-2520-4692-A07A-37B53A32E470.jpeg
05611107-D586-44DF-9D46-D08C41D7E893.jpeg
6D1E3300-1F3F-4D3A-92F6-663AA6DEA2A1.jpeg
7FEE67D8-6DF7-4577-B52A-F20EE769DC39.jpeg

What they don’t seem to understand is that by getting more exposure it means more money and being bought out means that more money again can be used for R&D. If the brand changes the ingredients it’s down to the brand, not the customers.

Can’t imagine the brand wants to apartheid its own product. The more people that buy it the merrier for them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.