Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a bottle of it right next to me. I bought a few hair oils a couple of months ago and wasn't sure of the brands so when I saw it mentioned here I had to have a look at the label to check!

I really like it. I've not seen any reviews of it, so just bought it for the oils in it as I have a sore, flaky scalp. I had no idea about any cultural issues. It has done wonders for my bleached to a crisp hair as well. For reference, I'm white but have curly/wavy hair that is really dry, damaged and I have breakage from bleaching. It is a very greasy oil rather than a 'dry' one but I use it on my scalp at night massaged in with one of those spiky scalp massagers. I then brush through my hair with a wet tangle teaser brush, put my hair up in a pineapple with a satin scrunching and go tocbed. In the morning, my hair is softer and scalp soothed and it doesn't look greasy unless I've really, and I mean REALLY over done it.

Reactions: 3
Does a fake tan exist were it does not transfer onto clothes and bed sheets when developing? I like to fake tan on a Thursday night and let it develop over night but I don’t want to keep ruining my bedsheets and now I have bought a very expensive mattress.

many suggestions?

Does a fake tan exist were it does not transfer onto clothes and bed sheets when developing? I like to fake tan on a Thursday night and let it develop over night but I don’t want to keep ruining my bedsheets and now I have bought a very expensive mattress.

many suggestions?
I dont have any suggestion of tan but I seen a girl on tiktok who had a black single duvet set she uses when she tans. She puts the pillow case on over her usual one and then she gets into the single duvet cover almost like a sleeping bag within her normal bedding. I am def trying!

• Haha
Reactions: 5

many suggestions?
I got the Isle of paradise drops that you mix with body lotion, that doesn't have a tint so nothing to rub off onto bedding. I have also used the skinny tan one that you leave for either 1,2 or 8 hours depending on depth of tan you want. That does have a tint to show where it's been applied but I don't recall it rubbing off on furniture.

Reactions: 1

many suggestions?
I swear by Dove Summer Glow Tanning Lotion, I never get any stains but I guess it depends on how much you put on and how much time passes between the application and the moment you get into bed. I usually apply a good layer with a glove, wait 5-10 minutes, get into my PJs and go to bed. If anything, it washes off very well.

Have any of you lovely ladies any recommendations for forehead wrinkles? They're not bad yet but I want to really try and put off going down the route of botox.
I have tried retinol and it was too harsh for my skin, I think it was the lowest % too. I wouldn't usually consider my skin as sensitive. I have combination skin but it is starting to become drier than it was a few years ago.
Have you tried some peptide serums? I use a mix of The Ordinary Argireline and the Matrixyl morning and night and it really helps with the forehead.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have matrixyl, will definitely pick up some agireline! Thank you!
No worries, its a suggestion I picked up from Mad About Skin on Youtube, I find it really works (50 this year, and the forehead lines are under control!).

• Heart
Another shout out for matryxl . I have been using this stuff daily for the last two years ( at least) and the difference it’s made to reducing my wrinkles ( I am 44) is amazing. It is highly recommended

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Any recommendations for a good but not £££ mascara?
I have straight lashes, but they look good when curled so need something with a good hold!

TIA xxx

I have straight lashes, but they look good when curled so need something with a good hold!

TIA xxx
People seem to love this, or Essence Bye Bye Panda Eyes if you're prone to smudging (which I am, and I love it)

download.jpeg-4.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone have recommendations for a shower gel that won’t make me want to scratch my skin off?! Simple and Sanex don’t work for me and I like a lather. I’ve turned the water temp down on the shower and use Aveeno moisturiser but my skin always itches for ages post shower 😔

Reactions: 2
People seem to love this, or Essence Bye Bye Panda Eyes if you're prone to smudging (which I am, and I love it)

View attachment 1929629
Yes that is good. So annoying - my local Wilko just has none. The Essence line branding is changing (apparently) and they are waiting for the new stock.

And interesting re products for black hair. I've started using Cantu leave in conditioner - Shea butter. Absolute game changer for my hair. I was in despair how it was so tangled, greasy and yet dry (lovely 😂). I use the tiniest smear on damp hair (no conditioner in the shower) and it has transformed my hair to glossy and healthy.
It is marketed for black hair (I am not). I honestly wasn't aware there was any controversy tbh.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Does anyone have recommendations for a shower gel that won’t make me want to scratch my skin off?! Simple and Sanex don’t work for me and I like a lather. I’ve turned the water temp down on the shower and use Aveeno moisturiser but my skin always itches for ages post shower 😔
This is literally the least sexy product ever 😂 but it works so well for me. My skin is dry and prone to being itchy but this really does the trick. So cheap it is worth a try. And a huge bottle. Doesn't lather much for me but that is because of the hard water area I live in.

Reactions: 2
Bioderma shower oil?

TIA xxx
Maybelline Lash Sensational is very decent and affordable.
Are you sure you are not allergic to anything? Generally speaking, La Roshe Posay is great for sensitive/itchy skin, the Lipikar range especially so. Their shower gel is very gentle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.