Actually Honest - skincare and makeup reviews #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend brow treatments?

I'm so confused between ombre brows, micro needing, henna etc.

I have thin brows that are growing back but I want them to to look natural and shaped and where I don't really need to touch them!

Can anyone recommend brow treatments?

I'm so confused between ombre brows, micro needing, henna etc.

I have thin brows that are growing back but I want them to to look natural and shaped and where I don't really need to touch them!
The only thing I can offer some first hand advice on is micro blading. I paid quite a bit of money to go to someone who I thought would really listen, as I wanted the same as you, something natural, but put together enough so I could just walk out the house without worrying about them.
The process gave me EXACTLY that, so I was really impressed. However, I found they really didn’t suit my oily skin, as it kind of rejected the pigment, so despite aftercare they faded too fast.
If you don’t have oily skin, it could be a good option to research x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Lisa Eldridge - Kitten Lash mascara

Best mascara I have tried in ages . No smudging ( although I don’t think it’s a tubing mascara). Makes my lashes look very long. Brush is great and the formula isn’t too wet.

I highly recommend

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Lisa Eldridge - Kitten Lash mascara

Best mascara I have tried in ages . No smudging ( although I don’t think it’s a tubing mascara). Makes my lashes look very long. Brush is great and the formula isn’t too wet.

I highly recommend
ooh thanks I'm in the market for a new mascara as none of my faves seem any good now. I also hate when mascara is new and it's so wet it looks tit for the first few weeks of using it

Reactions: 3
ooh thanks I'm in the market for a new mascara as none of my faves seem any good now. I also hate when mascara is new and it's so wet it looks tit for the first few weeks of using it
Apparently that’s because there is too much product on the brush. You can wipe the bush on the side of the edge of the tube to take some of the excess off and you should find it applies more like it does after a few weeks of using it.

Apparently that’s because there is too much product on the brush. You can wipe the bush on the side of the edge of the tube to take some of the excess off and you should find it applies more like it does after a few weeks of using it.
I've tried this in the past but it doesn't really work, the actual formula is still too wet so still makes the lashes stick together. I use lilash so I have a LOT of really long lashes and they look spidery with any new mascara. It is getting slightly better each day though

Does anyone know of an alternative for Glossier’s Boy Brow? I feel like its really gone up in price over the years! Thanks

This is from when I pull the wand from the tube. No excess formula on the wand. But still has enough on to cover the lashes really well.
---
I've tried this in the past but it doesn't really work, the actual formula is still too wet so still makes the lashes stick together. I use lilash so I have a LOT of really long lashes and they look spidery with any new mascara. It is getting slightly better each day though
Your lashes sound a bit like mine. I have quite long lashes and mine also often look spidery especially when a mascara formula is too wet. I’d say they also go clumpy . I think this another reason why o started using tubing mascara as the formula tends to be drier .

I am pleased I took a chance on the Kitten Lash mascara . I really like it a lot.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This is from when I pull the wand from the tube. No excess formula on the wand. But still has enough on to cover the lashes really well.
---

Your lashes sound a bit like mine. I have quite long lashes and mine also often look spidery especially when a mascara formula is too wet. I’d say they also go clumpy . I think this another reason why o started using tubing mascara as the formula tends to be drier .

I am pleased I took a chance on the Kitten Lash mascara . I really like it a lot.
Amazing, thank you for the recommendation and for the pic! I haven’t used a tubing mascara for ages but I did really like them for a while, do you have any other recs? X

Amazing, thank you for the recommendation and for the pic! I haven’t used a tubing mascara for ages but I did really like them for a while, do you have any other recs? X
Tubing mascara I have been using the elf one - It’s called Lash XTNDR. Think it cost £8?

I fancy a new morning and ret nights moisturiser. I can't use skin food, I'm using Naturium's peptide moisturiser but it's not quite right. Gone are the days of spending 9 million quid on the latest fad. Looking around the £20 mark

I prefer a lighter texture for during the day despite me being a bit dehydrated and peri menopausal

I fancy a new morning and ret nights moisturiser. I can't use skin food, I'm using Naturium's peptide moisturiser but it's not quite right. Gone are the days of spending 9 million quid on the latest fad. Looking around the £20 mark

I prefer a lighter texture for during the day despite me being a bit dehydrated and peri menopausal
Olay total effects 7 in 1 might not be trendy but it’s a sound choice imo. About £10-12

I prefer a gel cream texture during the day as it's hydrating whilst being lightweight. My favourite is Summer Fridays Cloud Dew but she's double your budget 😬 I've seen Neutrogena, Aveeno and Elf all have something similar around the £10 mark, might be worth a look.