Actually Honest - skincare and makeup reviews #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone use something along these lines and is it any good? I'm fed up of getting my lip waxed and wondered if this might be worth a try at home?
It doesn't have to be this particular brand, just an idea of what I'm talking about.
I use a similar one which comes with two attachments- more pointy one for brow tidy and a bigger one for large areas. It’s amazing- painless and so easy to use on the occasional stray hair.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone use something along these lines and is it any good? I'm fed up of getting my lip waxed and wondered if this might be worth a try at home?
It doesn't have to be this particular brand, just an idea of what I'm talking about.
Theyre ok, get annoying when the battery needs changing.
I outgrew it and had to get laser hair removal which has been amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have this and love it. Was fed up of paying to get waxed and hopeless doing it myself. You’ll need to use it once a week

• Heart
I have it and its RUBBISH do not buy!!! The other one by them (like a microblade with a light on) is also awful so I don't know why I bothered buying it but I regretted it immediately!

• Sad
I epilate my top lip, hurts at first but soon becomes painless, I also do my legs. I think if you are used to waxing then it shouldn’t really hurt as the hair will be weaker.

I epilate my top lip, hurts at first but soon becomes painless, I also do my legs. I think if you are used to waxing then it shouldn’t really hurt as the hair will be weaker.
Ooooh you are brave! I can epilate my chin but not my top lip. I can wax it though.

I have Philips lumea and it works really well. It does need you to have pale skin and dark hair though. You use it fortnightly for a few months, and then reduce it to monthly, then finally every 6 months to maintain. If you forget it does grow back, but finer and fewer.
Just adding to this, you can’t use Lumea on tattooed skin (and presumably other IPL machines)
For once I read the instructions fortunately as it can cause burns to tattooed skin. My daughter in law bought one and I’ve borrowed it a few times, great on my for facial fluff (Pale skin, dark hair), but because I’m heavily tattooed I have to skip parts of my arms and legs etc.

I used the Cetaphil gentle cleanser when I was younger and it was good. But I revisited it a few years ago and it broke me out. I'd bought it from Amazon and I feel a bit wary that it might have been a fake, I'd read there were some going around at the time. I'd like to try it again but does anyone know if they've changed the formula..? It was really good *coughs* 20 years ago *splutters*

Does anyone have any recommendations for an intense moisturiser? I've recently increased in strength of tretinoin and my skin is now dry AF and starting to peel. I'm already using La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume but wondering if there's anything else I can try? Preferably something fragrance-free?

Does anyone have any recommendations for an intense moisturiser? I've recently increased in strength of tretinoin and my skin is now dry AF and starting to peel. I'm already using La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume but wondering if there's anything else I can try? Preferably something fragrance-free?
I'd suggest Weleda skin food tbh. I think it's good if your skin is struggling. Maybe even a barrier repair cream? Dermalogicas is lovely xx

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
it’s a bit left field but i really rate epaderm ointment, it’s like a really intense Vaseline made for irritated skin and eczema. I had flaky peeling skin on my eyelids, a couple of nights with this on and it was gone.

Reactions: 4
it’s a bit left field but i really rate epaderm ointment, it’s like a really intense Vaseline made for irritated skin and eczema. I had flaky peeling skin on my eyelids, a couple of nights with this on and it was gone.
I've been looking at ointments so I may pick this up! Thank you

Before buying a new one try mixing a couple of drops of glycerin in one you already have, but spray with a mist first. glycerin is like £5 on amazon and the only thing that helps when I'm peeling, it was recommended on a tret facebook group I follow

Reactions: 3
I absolutely love the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm but I can’t justify the price tag anymore. Please can anyone recommend something similar?