Actually Honest - skincare and makeup reviews #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Be mindful that so called dupes offer a lower price point for a reason, they dont have the same or same quality of ingredients as the real thing.
Absolutely I think some cheaper alternatives are great, but wouldn't expect anything aldi make to live up to a premium skin care product ingredient wise.

Reactions: 15
PSA for anyone with melasma: Ultrasun 50+ anti pigmentation face sunscreen has faded two patches of really stubborn melasma over my eyebrows in a WEEK of daily use. I’ve been using the tinted one which is really quite orange (I’m usually fake tanned so don’t mind too much but I will be buying the untinted version and mixing them) and it’s replaced serum, moisturiser, spf AND tinted moisturiser/foundation in my routine. I’ll do a before and after pic of my head in the next day or so but had to get it out there, I’m actually amazed -these patches have evaded my use of tret and hydroquinone and they’re not totally gone but a lot better in a week
Thank you, I just bought some Ultrasun to try shift an area of melasma on my cheek, an unwanted present from Greece many years ago. So far it has resisted tranexamic acid, IPL and cryo therapy - I live in hope 😄!!

Reactions: 1
The only thing that’s ever made a difference to my Melasma is hydroquinone. It’s a very difficult thing to try and treat though. I wish I had an even complexion!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you, I just bought some Ultrasun to try shift an area of melasma on my cheek, an unwanted present from Greece many years ago. So far it has resisted tranexamic acid, IPL and cryo therapy - I live in hope 😄!!
I hope it works as well for you as it has me! I have two quite large patches on my forehead that used to be freckles but have just got bigger and bigger over time. The initial fading has stuck around but I think it'll take a while longer for it to go permanently; I can imagine the initial fading is due to it being actually protected because it does tend to fade slightly in winter too. I'm keen to see if it gets lighter throughout the summer!

• Heart
Transexamic acid has done well to decrease my melasma which is really bad. It’s only about £6 too.

I hope it works as well for you as it has me! I have two quite large patches on my forehead that used to be freckles but have just got bigger and bigger over time. The initial fading has stuck around but I think it'll take a while longer for it to go permanently; I can imagine the initial fading is due to it being actually protected because it does tend to fade slightly in winter too. I'm keen to see if it gets lighter throughout the summer!
Mine is like a collection of freckles about 1'' wide at the top of my cheek, it looks like a black eye!
So I'd be delighted to see it disappear or fade. I've had people asking how come I have a bruise, one fella thought it was a smudge and actually tried to spit-wipe it off in the pub which was mortifying 😩!
Sometimes I just wish people would think on before they make comments.

So I'll give it a go and report back in a few weeks 🤞
---
What brands are you all using of tranexamic acid?
I tried Superdrug Tranexamic Acid Booster 2.5%, it was ok to use but made no difference to my melasma. I also tried Eucerin Anti-pigment Spot Corrector that also made no difference.
I'm using Superdrug Hyaluronic Booster 2% at the moment which is nice and seems to be helping my sensitive, dry, menopausal skin.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on Sarah Keary make up? I’ve seen rave reviews from Instagrammers in her mascara but needless to say, I don’t necessarily trust them? I’d be interested in the soufflé bronzer too…it looks like the Chanel one.

Any thoughts on Sarah Keary make up? I’ve seen rave reviews from Instagrammers in her mascara but needless to say, I don’t necessarily trust them? I’d be interested in the soufflé bronzer too…it looks like the Chanel one.
I have the palette. I got it as a present and I love it. Also got a present of her brushes and they are fab too. For mascara I use Collection Lash Surge mascara, it's around €6. Or the Essence Lash Princess which is €4

Reactions: 4
I have the palette. I got it as a present and I love it. Also got a present of her brushes and they are fab too. For mascara I use Collection Lash Surge mascara, it's around €6. Or the Essence Lash Princess which is €4
Yes I love Essence Lash Princess. I recently tried Primark Wonder Lash but it was very dry, Lash Princess is fab, better than many others that cost much more 👍

Somebody asked about dr Sam’s, I liked the cleanser but the light moisturiser was just blah. I’d probably need the intense one but it’s pricey. Can anyone recommend a moisturiser that really sinks into the skin? X

Yes I love Essence Lash Princess. I recently tried Primark Wonder Lash but it was very dry, Lash Princess is fab, better than many others that cost much more 👍
I love lash princess. I've been buying it for years and always get compliments.

Reactions: 2
I’d like to recommend these affordable eyeshadow palettes from MUA. I’ve only tried the 5 shade palettes so I can’t vouch for the larger palettes. For the price these are fantastic quality.
For my general day to day make up I’ve been using these more than my Natasha Denona and Lisa Eldridge palettes.
I’d certainly take these on holiday instead of my expensive palettes as they are cheap enough to replace if they get lost.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’d like to recommend these affordable eyeshadow palettes from MUA. I’ve only tried the 5 shade palettes so I can’t vouch for the larger palettes. For the price these are fantastic quality.
For my general day to day make up I’ve been using these more than my Natasha Denona and Lisa Eldridge palettes.
I’d certainly take these on holiday instead of my expensive palettes as they are cheap enough to replace if they get lost.

I really love their liquid blushes!

Somebody asked about dr Sam’s, I liked the cleanser but the light moisturiser was just blah. I’d probably need the intense one but it’s pricey. Can anyone recommend a moisturiser that really sinks into the skin? X
I was using the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream but tried Skin Food Light as a cheaper alternative but it makes my skin quite tight, so I'm going to go back to to Kiehls

I hate to say it BUT - the aveeno range molly Mae has been raving about is STUNNING ! I pop a little Elemis face oil over the top of it to lock it all in and honestly 👌 failing that the Sunday Riley Ice breaker is gorgeous ( I get mine from QVC & pay in 3 )

Reactions: 3