Actually Honest - skincare and makeup reviews #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Try Ultrasun, a lot of sunscreens do the same to my eyes if I sweat but that never does

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser with spf (at least spf 30) that doesnt irritate your eyes? I dont know if it is just my eyes are really sensitive but every moisturiser with spf stings my eyes if I sweat even a little and it gets in my eye. Regular moisturiser is fine so I assume it is the spf. I have tried La Roche Posay, Cerave and No 7 and all irritate them.
Might be worth trying the L'Oréal spf50 with vitamin c. It's made to be used around the eyes and on the eyelids, so I presume it's less likely to be irritating than others. You can pick it up for around £10 when on an offer. I have it but haven't tried it on my eyelids, have to say though I've never had any stinging from it and I have with other spfs, even though I avoid the eye area.

Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser with spf (at least spf 30) that doesnt irritate your eyes? I dont know if it is just my eyes are really sensitive but every moisturiser with spf stings my eyes if I sweat even a little and it gets in my eye. Regular moisturiser is fine so I assume it is the spf. I have tried La Roche Posay, Cerave and No 7 and all irritate them.
Have your tried cetaphil SPF 50?. I have dry skin and really really like it. Not had an issue with eyes either.

Have your tried cetaphil SPF 50?. I have dry skin and really really like it. Not had an issue with eyes either.
Personally I don’t like Cetaphil - I’ve sensitive eyes and it was fine from that perspectives, but I find it too thick and greasy for under makeup, and leaves a white caste.

My personal favourite is Eucerin oil control spf 50. I don’t think it calls itself specifically a moisturiser as such, I just use it on top of my vit c serum in the mornings.

You might not have oily skin but there are lots of others in the same range for different skin types.

Attachments

Personally I don’t like Cetaphil - I’ve sensitive eyes and it was fine from that perspectives, but I find it too thick and greasy for under makeup, and leaves a white caste.

My personal favourite is Eucerin oil control spf 50. I don’t think it calls itself specifically a moisturiser as such, I just use it on top of my vit c serum in the mornings.

You might not have oily skin but there are lots of others in the same range for different skin types.
That's interesting. I don't find it greasy under make up at all. No white cast either. My skin is very dry though.

I don't get stingy eyes, but a lot of them bring out my eye eczema, and I've found the Optimum Collagen moisturiser from superdrug is good - it's SPF 30 and I think it was about £7 on offer with their loyalty card (possibly £14 full price?).

I've found a lot of SPF moisturisers don't actually moisturise that well, but this one is good on that front too and not too greasy

Not sure if this is the right place but need help. My hairs naturally brunette with slight blonde through it. I went and got it done today and I thought she would do natural blonde highlights but now it all looks blonde and is washing me out.
If I put a brown box dye on it will it be fine? I don’t want to wait it’s making me anxious and upset. I’m not bothered about the texture I can deal with that the colour is just horrible and I’m currently interviewing for jobs

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Not sure if this is the right place but need help. My hairs naturally brunette with slight blonde through it. I went and got it done today and I thought she would do natural blonde highlights but now it all looks blonde and is washing me out.
If I put a brown box dye on it will it be fine? I don’t want to wait it’s making me anxious and upset. I’m not bothered about the texture I can deal with that the colour is just horrible and I’m currently interviewing for jobs
Try Shrine drops hair colour.
It comes with a bottle of colour drops you mix with conditioner (you even get the mixing bowl and stirrer) and it means you get lots of applications.
It lasts several washes and you can make it as strong as you like depending on how much you use.
They do a brunette and a caramel blonde that might be ok

Reactions: 4
I think if you put brown dye on it it could potentially turn green? I’d maybe go and have it professionally toned and ask for the blonde to be a bit darker?

Reactions: 3
I’d honestly give it a few days before doing anything. You’re so used to seeing yourself brunette so blonde will look weird to you! You may find that you end up really liking it once you’re over the initial shock.

Reactions: 9
I’d honestly give it a few days before doing anything. You’re so used to seeing yourself brunette so blonde will look weird to you! You may find that you end up really liking it once you’re over the initial shock.
I honestly don’t think I’ll get used to it, the site of its making me cry and even my family said she’s done it wayyy to blonde
I think if you put brown dye on it it could potentially turn green? I’d maybe go and have it professionally toned and ask for the blonde to be a bit darker?
that’s what I read on Google but think I might just risk it
---
Try Shrine drops hair colour.
It comes with a bottle of colour drops you mix with conditioner (you even get the mixing bowl and stirrer) and it means you get lots of applications.
It lasts several washes and you can make it as strong as you like depending on how much you use.
They do a brunette and a caramel blonde that might be ok
Thank you I’ll look now

At least maybe do semi permanent then if it doesn’t take well it’ll be easier to rectify?

you need to put a brown on that has red in it to stop it going green.

as others have said try and make sure any colour you put over top has a warm undertone, orange or red. it fills the hair and stops the brown from looking too hollow / green. i'd try a warm blonde or bronde first to see if it lessens the contrast, but if not go over it again with a warm brown semi perm dye

I like Alpha H - it has an spf of 50.

Has anyone used the Summer Fridays lip balm and rate it? I think I recall a couple of posts about it actually but can’t remember which thread.

I’m thinking of getting the pink sugar one. I want something with a little bit of pigment.

you need to put a brown on that has red in it to stop it going green.
as others have said try and make sure any colour you put over top has a warm undertone, orange or red. it fills the hair and stops the brown from looking too hollow / green. i'd try a warm blonde or bronde first to see if it lessens the contrast, but if not go over it again with a warm brown semi perm dye
Thank you, I got a mocha brown and did a patch test and it looks to be just making it back to my normal colour

Has anyone used the Summer Fridays lip balm and rate it? I think I recall a couple of posts about it actually but can’t remember which thread.

I’m thinking of getting the pink sugar one. I want something with a little bit of pigment.
I’ve used it and it’s nice, but nowhere near as good as Ole Henriksen pout preserve. It’s honestly the best lip balm I’ve ever used (and I’ve tried them all - from cheapos to By Terry and La Mer!). The strawberry one has a lovely tint.

• Heart