Actually Honest - skincare and makeup reviews #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fancy a new morning and ret nights moisturiser. I can't use skin food, I'm using Naturium's peptide moisturiser but it's not quite right. Gone are the days of spending 9 million quid on the latest fad. Looking around the £20 mark

I prefer a lighter texture for during the day despite me being a bit dehydrated and peri menopausal
I'm absolutely loving Glow Recipe's Watermelon moisturiser. It's dewy and hydrating but oil free and light. Great unde rmakeup and for warmer days. Bit over your budget but the small version isn't too much so. I've repurchased it twice now

I prefer a gel cream texture during the day as it's hydrating whilst being lightweight. My favourite is Summer Fridays Cloud Dew but she's double your budget 😬 I've seen Neutrogena, Aveeno and Elf all have something similar around the £10 mark, might be worth a look.
Thanks, I'd completely forgotten about Summer Fridays. I'm trying to spend less on skincare that doesn't always work 🤦🏻‍♀️
---
I'm absolutely loving Glow Recipe's Watermelon moisturiser. It's dewy and hydrating but oil free and light. Great unde rmakeup and for warmer days. Bit over your budget but the small version isn't too much so. I've repurchased it twice now
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm off into London in a few weeks for a couple of days so I'll add that to my list for nipping into Sephora. .
I'm going to give the olay one a go for now and see what that is like

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I fancy a new morning and ret nights moisturiser. I can't use skin food, I'm using Naturium's peptide moisturiser but it's not quite right. Gone are the days of spending 9 million quid on the latest fad. Looking around the £20 mark

I prefer a lighter texture for during the day despite me being a bit dehydrated and peri menopausal
i'm a bit funny with heavy texture sitting on the skin but really rate the cosrx snail mucin all in one cream. i got mine on offer from justmylook, £17 or so, and definitely works best applied to wet skin

• Heart

Caroline Hirons Skin Rocks moisturiser! 😜 It’s way overpriced but I’m sure you’d find a used one on the selling group! 😆
I’ll get my coat… 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I really rate Aveeno calm & restore range, I use their day and night creams. The day cream is a light gel type cream, my skin is a bit dehydrated and I find this really good for it, it sinks in rather than sitting on top like some creams do on me. The night cream is also not too heavy.

Reactions: 4
Caroline Hirons Skin Rocks moisturiser! 😜 It’s way overpriced but I’m sure you’d find a used one on the selling group! 😆
I’ll get my coat… 😳
I read the first line and thought ffs who’s recommending that overpriced tit, then looked and saw it was you! 🤣 Well done!

• Haha
i'm a bit funny with heavy texture sitting on the skin but really rate the cosrx snail mucin all in one cream. i got mine on offer from justmylook, £17 or so, and definitely works best applied to wet skin
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have a look into that
---
I’ll get my coat… 😳
Oooooh a used one, just what I've been looking for 🤣 I'll get on the freaks page and ask now 😂
---
I read the first line and thought ffs who’s recommending that overpriced tit, then looked and saw it was you! 🤣 Well done!
As soon as I saw it, I knew 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Has anyone used soolantra for papulopustular rosacea? I started getting rosacea a few months ago along side my acne and I’m wondering if anyone has any success stories to help?

Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser with spf (at least spf 30) that doesnt irritate your eyes? I dont know if it is just my eyes are really sensitive but every moisturiser with spf stings my eyes if I sweat even a little and it gets in my eye. Regular moisturiser is fine so I assume it is the spf. I have tried La Roche Posay, Cerave and No 7 and all irritate them.

Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser with spf (at least spf 30) that doesnt irritate your eyes? I dont know if it is just my eyes are really sensitive but every moisturiser with spf stings my eyes if I sweat even a little and it gets in my eye. Regular moisturiser is fine so I assume it is the spf. I have tried La Roche Posay, Cerave and No 7 and all irritate them.
https://www.ultrasun.co.uk/products/ultrasun-face-spf30 This maybe?

Random question - do you close your eyes when you apply the SPF? I have a similar issue in that the spf sometimes causes an irritation but if i close my eyes as i am applying and leave closed for a few seconds i dont have any irritation.

Random question - do you close your eyes when you apply the SPF? I have a similar issue in that the spf sometimes causes an irritation but if i close my eyes as i am applying and leave closed for a few seconds i dont have any irritation.
No i leave my eyes open. I avoid my eyelids and just do under my eyes. I think it is the moisturiser from my forehead that causes problems as some of that gets in my eye if it is a warm day and I am sweating a little.

Reactions: 4
No i leave my eyes open. I avoid my eyelids and just do under my eyes. I think it is the moisturiser from my forehead that causes problems as some of that gets in my eye if it is a warm day and I am sweating a little.
It sounds as if the moisturiser/spf is mixing and then irritating your eyes? Do you use a heavy moisturiser in the day?

It sounds as if the moisturiser/spf is mixing and then irritating your eyes? Do you use a heavy moisturiser in the day?
I use one product a moisturiser with spf. What do you mean by mixing...sorry if a stupid question. Lately I am use Anthelios by LRP but all moisturisers with spf seem to cause the same irritation.

I'm not sure there is a moisturiser with spf that won't irritate eyes if you are sensitive to sunscreen. I use a separate moisturiser and a mineral sunscreen as they tend to be less irritating. The biore watery one isn't a mineral and is the least irritating of the chemical based broad spectrum ones I've tried. It can still sting a bit on occasions though.

I use one product a moisturiser with spf. What do you mean by mixing...sorry if a stupid question. Lately I am use Anthelios by LRP but all moisturisers with spf seem to cause the same irritation.
I thought the Anthelios was SPF only rather than moisturiser with SPF in? i dont use this product so i may be wrong about this.

To explain the mixing - I was thinking that you may be using a heavy moisturiser in the morning which is taking slightly longer to absorb in your skin, and then your adding a SPF so the two products are mixing together therefore creating an irritation ( as its two separate products that maybe dont agree with each other).

Me personally - i use the ambre solaire spf 50. I find this to be a lightweight formula which sinks in quickly. This is SPF only though - not a combo moisturiser/SPF.

Reactions: 3
I thought the Anthelios was SPF only rather than moisturiser with SPF in? i dont use this product so i may be wrong about this.

To explain the mixing - I was thinking that you may be using a heavy moisturiser in the morning which is taking slightly longer to absorb in your skin, and then your adding a SPF so the two products are mixing together therefore creating an irritation ( as its two separate products that maybe dont agree with each other).

Me personally - i use the ambre solaire spf 50. I find this to be a lightweight formula which sinks in quickly. This is SPF only though - not a combo moisturiser/SPF.

Thanks a million. It may well be spf only. I was using it as both which is probably wrong. I also use their Toleriane Rosaliac which is definitely both a mosituriser and it was also irritating my eyes. I think maybe it is unavoidable.