Actually Honest - skincare and makeup reviews #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't quote @maginedragon83 from the last thread, but re whitening teeth it might be worth just checking with your dentist how much they charge. I looked at various do-it-yourself type strips but my dentist had an offer on so it was only £230 (might have even been a bit cheaper - I can't quite remember now!!) and that included extra syringes of the whitening bleach and trays specially moulded to my mouth. It's not too expensive to buy the top up syringes but they gave me 4 full ones which have lasted me absolutely ages!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I could do with some advice on tweezers. I have an ancient pair of pointed tweezers from Boots that were perfect. They could grab any hair at any length. A few times I thought I’ve lost the tweezers and I’ve bought others and they’ve all been universally rubbish, no matter the brand or type. I, rather attractively, grow quite a bit of facial/excess body hair and these tweezers were my saviour.

Unfortunately, for reasons I will never understand and reasons he has been unable to explain to me using actual words, MrDragName decided to use my tweezers to deal with a dodgy door handle that fell off to grab at the spindle inside to get himself into the room with said fallen off door handle. The tweezers now have lost all of their grip and I am very seriously contemplating divorce on the grounds of this unreasonable behaviour. I fail to understand why he didn’t use the numerous pairs of rubbish tweezers instead. Or why he was using tweezers to open a door. This is, I suppose, why my dear MrDragName cannot be left alone for even a couple of hours.

I’ve tried sharpening the tweezers with a nail file and this made them slightly better, but I think I need to start the agonising search for a new pair. They must be needle-pointed, must have excellent grip and be able to tackle hairs of all different types and lengths. I am willing to throw the budget out of the window as long as they definitely will work (or have some sort of money-back guarantee or something!). Or maybe I just need a good divorce lawyer?!

Reactions: 5
I could do with some advice on tweezers. I have an ancient pair of pointed tweezers from Boots that were perfect. They could grab any hair at any length. A few times I thought I’ve lost the tweezers and I’ve bought others and they’ve all been universally rubbish, no matter the brand or type. I, rather attractively, grow quite a bit of facial/excess body hair and these tweezers were my saviour.

Unfortunately, for reasons I will never understand and reasons he has been unable to explain to me using actual words, MrDragName decided to use my tweezers to deal with a dodgy door handle that fell off to grab at the spindle inside to get himself into the room with said fallen off door handle. The tweezers now have lost all of their grip and I am very seriously contemplating divorce on the grounds of this unreasonable behaviour. I fail to understand why he didn’t use the numerous pairs of rubbish tweezers instead. Or why he was using tweezers to open a door. This is, I suppose, why my dear MrDragName cannot be left alone for even a couple of hours.

I’ve tried sharpening the tweezers with a nail file and this made them slightly better, but I think I need to start the agonising search for a new pair. They must be needle-pointed, must have excellent grip and be able to tackle hairs of all different types and lengths. I am willing to throw the budget out of the window as long as they definitely will work (or have some sort of money-back guarantee or something!). Or maybe I just need a good divorce lawyer?!
Judas! Mr Dragname needs to back off from the Home Improvements from the sounds of things. I have two tweezers from Tweezerman that have solved many an ingrown hair and splinter crisis for me. One is pointy and one is slanted. If you’re tempted, buy the full sized ones, not the mini. And send the bill to Mr Dragname! Much cheaper than divorce!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Judas! Mr Dragname needs to back off from the Home Improvements from the sounds of things. I have two tweezers from Tweezerman that have solved many an ingrown hair and splinter crisis for me. One is pointy and one is slanted. If you’re tempted, buy the full sized ones, not the mini. And send the bill to Mr Dragname! Much cheaper than divorce!!
I can’t decide if it’s better or worse that, when I got home, I found the toolbox sitting outside the room in question with my beloved tweezers and a skewer sitting on top of it. What an absolute melt he is.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Agreed. Full sized Tweezerman ones are fantasic but the mini version is shite!

Reactions: 8
...and here I come with exactly the same advice: make him buy you a pair of (preferably lilac) Tweezerman ones, but not the mini size as they're worse than useless.
What a great help I am!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
...and here I come with exactly the same advice: make him buy you a pair of (preferably lilac) Tweezerman ones, but not the mini size as they're worse than useless.
What a great help I am!
It’s very positive that nobody is seconding the idea of divorce or suggesting locking him into the room which he was trying to access resulting in your tweezers being destroyed!
Also…keep your new tweezers somewhere he will NEVER find them 😃
---
Does anyone have any inkling about what Boots is launching in 5 days from now?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
It’s very positive that nobody is seconding the idea of divorce or suggesting locking him into the room which he was trying to access resulting in your tweezers being destroyed!
---
I’m intrigued by this too. I did have a laugh in Boots a couple of days ago listening to the lady on the No7 counter talk about this top secret, never been done before “thing”. She was chasing people down as they shopped and followed them around to tell them (without telling them) about it
---
0ABDE1B9-BD54-41AB-903C-96E3AB873459.jpeg

Reactions: 4
---
It's some kind of peptide serum from what i've read - a new, has to be seen to be believed, never done in the history of mankind, SUPER PEPTIDE BLEND.

• Haha
I’m intrigued by this too. I did have a laugh in Boots a couple of days ago listening to the lady on the No7 counter talk about this top secret, never been done before “thing”. She was chasing people down as they shopped and followed them around to tell them (without telling them) about it
---
View attachment 2081659
Just what the world needs - another potion! I was hoping for something along the lines of a new gadget!

• Haha
What a great help I am!
This IS a great help. You can’t all be wrong, haha!
---
---
Yeah, to be honest it’s a bit TOO positive… I was hoping for a bit more of the ‘burn him at the stake!’ sort of responses! Yeah. The new tweezers are going in a locked box. Maybe a safe. Maybe a safe within a safe. Might buy an old bank with a vault still in it and move there… 🤣

• Haha
@ThisIsMyDragName
I am cackling as I also caught ny huaband, tweezers in hand, attempting something with a door handle. Luckily I caught him in the act before he got a chance to ruin them! I would testify to the purple Tweezermans. So worth the investment (and luckily for my husband, he did not get a chance to ruin them!)

• Haha
This IS a great help. You can’t all be wrong, haha!
---

Yeah, to be honest it’s a bit TOO positive… I was hoping for a bit more of the ‘burn him at the stake!’ sort of responses! Yeah. The new tweezers are going in a locked box. Maybe a safe. Maybe a safe within a safe. Might buy an old bank with a vault still in it and move there… 🤣
Does he have a hobby?
Could you use his best darts to punch holes in pastry?
Use his Big Bertha driver as a hammer!
His squash racket to strain spaghetti?
Unpick a few stitches on the crotch of his football shorts?

• Haha
Revenge is a dish best served cold…leave it with us, Miss DragName! We will keep the ideas coming!
Could you buy him his very own cheapy tweezers?! This should distract him from your lovely new ones!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Revenge is a dish best served cold…leave it with us, Miss DragName! We will keep the ideas coming!
Could you buy him his very own cheapy tweezers?! This should distract him from your lovely new ones!
I might gift wrap one of the totally rubbish other pairs that I have. I don’t even know why I’ve kept them. Probably to solve door handle emergencies…

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Any recommendations for a good moisturiser with SPF?. Trying to apply SPF everyday but I use the biore one and it's a bit expensive for everyday!

Any recommendations for a good moisturiser with SPF?. Trying to apply SPF everyday but I use the biore one and it's a bit expensive for everyday!
I use Ultrasun and buy it off QVC as a supersize, costs about £50 for 150mls which lasts for ages and is a once a day product. I rate the face spf but not the other products, I prefer P20 as a body product
---
Advice on a bronzer please.
Chanel, Mac or Bobbi Brown?
I prefer the Chanel, but I am currently using a Revolution dupe that was £15. I use the middle shade in both as I am olive, my sister prefers the lightest shade but she is fairly pale

Last edited:
I’m using the Ordinary Mineral SPF 15. It’s cheap n cheerful, and provides a great base for my makeup. It would be great if they made it with a higher SPF for the summer months.
previously I used Murad’s one and also Skingredients. But they are a good deal more expensive!

Reactions: 1