Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ceelea

Chatty Member
I'd get teased all the time over how many layers I'd be in when most of my friends would be comfortable in a light sweater or jacket over a T-shirt or skivvy at the most.

My personal record is five:

A thermal top as the base layer, followed by a cotton skivvy, a cashmere poloneck sweater, a blazer and then an overcoat !

Reactions: 1

imnotarobot

I find it bizarre when people here in the uk love for it to be freezing but I’m literally the opposite. I love the hot weather and it’s only now and again I struggle when it’s hot (not that often). But I do wonder how I would cope if I lived in a hot country, I doubt the would want to partake in outdoor physical things often. However I think the way of life is just different. Because we have nice weather so infrequently we immediately go outside, sit out, bbq, sunbathe, go to the beach etc whereas if it was nice all the time we would probably try and avoid the sun as much as we could as it would always be there.
Have to say I feel sorry for those in Texas at the minute who are literally freezing, no supplies or power because of the weather.
Well speaking for myself, you close all the curtains early so the house is quite dark and you stay inside. Air con all the time. Unless you’re mental and choose to play summer sports, you don’t go out much. Most sports now are cancelled after 36 deg. Just like anything under a certain temp is just darn cold, anything over about 40 is just hot hot hot. It’s too hot for the beach, the sand cooks your feet. Pools are better, but the hot air burns your face. Pubs and cold drinks are awesome. Once our plums stewed themselves on the tree.
the Texan thing is amazing ( in the worst way ). at least when it’s hot, it is just hot and it’ll eventually cool down. But the cold They’ve got seems so damaging, I can’t imagine.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I have boosted my heating, have a hot water bottle on my lap, and have dug out my very unfashionable acrylic poncho to wear at my desk.... brrr.

_basic_

VIP Member
It’s so bizarre reading the temps you guys are living in. It’s another hot day here, 42 Celsius and hot northerly winds which are scary because once you get hot temps and hot winds and no rain and dry undergrowth you get bushfires. And they suck.

The coldest I’ve ever known in my town is about -5 C and that was at night time. The hottest was last year when the temp one day peaked at 50 C.

I literally cannot imagine living in such a cold place. I imagine I’d love it for a little while and the novelty would quickly wear off.
I find it bizarre when people here in the uk love for it to be freezing but I’m literally the opposite. I love the hot weather and it’s only now and again I struggle when it’s hot (not that often). But I do wonder how I would cope if I lived in a hot country, I doubt the would want to partake in outdoor physical things often. However I think the way of life is just different. Because we have nice weather so infrequently we immediately go outside, sit out, bbq, sunbathe, go to the beach etc whereas if it was nice all the time we would probably try and avoid the sun as much as we could as it would always be there.
Have to say I feel sorry for those in Texas at the minute who are literally freezing, no supplies or power because of the weather.

Maid22

VIP Member
It's been a lovely sunny day, but clear night so it's started to get chilly, leccy blanket going on soon!

glasgow27

VIP Member
I really want to end every single conversation with
“it’s so cold”
“I’m bloody freezing”
“Are you cold?.... it’s cold isn’t it?”
I am starting and ending every conversation with one of those statements at this point!

It is hideously cold up here in Glasgow. Winter seems to get worse each year. Probably not helped by the fact that we did have a warm spring/summer this year.

WilmaHun

VIP Member
0.5 when I left for work this morning, I bloody love it!

(she says as she sits cradling a hot water bottle next to an electric heater in the office)...

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I literally think I am just in a constant state of freezing all the time now. I can not wait to get some sun on my skin, god knows when that will be. I live in Belfast so theres about two weeks of sunshine a year. I am living for the day I can be sat on holiday somewhere with the sun shining down on me and a drink in hand!

We have our heat on constantly at the minute, i must say I am freezing about 30 times a day and I spend about 40 mins in the shower with it piping hot.

Peartree

couple of years ago stayed somewhere that had an electric blanket. Total game changer. Bought one straight away, love getting into a warm bed 🛌

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
It's not too bad coldness-wise this morning. 15C outside, but that's probably due to thick heavy cloud, heavy rain and gale force winds.

When it gets really cold I will always use the CH. But a cheaper alternative is to stuff a hot-water bottle down your jumper or dressing gown.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
It was 15 degrees here today, not too cold. I feel I wandered into the wrong thread though as I went out in just a midi skirt and a knitted jumper when it was 9 degrees or so over the weekend 😆

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Seems we have sleet or snow on the way Friday morning. Hopefully it will turn to rain, but not freeze overnight.

Quite mild this morning. no need for CH, hot water bottles or electric blankets today :)

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Have resorted to hot water bottle and blankets on my lap whilst sitting at my desk all day, at at least i can do this at home without being seen as “unprofessional”.

GetOffMyLawn

We've got one where both sides plug in so I can have mine on while my boyfriend never uses his!
Oh really?! I need to do some research. Thank you so much! Is there any particular brand you recommend or are they pretty much the same? Xx