Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

idk2

VIP Member
I cant believe we have snow ALREADY on the way. Weather app saying 90% chance of it overnight. I know its December but cant remember the last time it snowed before Jan!!

Reactions: 1

Yas1994

I love running too, and on a daily basis. But I must admit this time of year the idea of going for my usual 8 mile run at 6 in the morning really doesn't appeal, especially when I'm still tucked up in my lovely warm bed.

Today is quite mild for a change. Outside temps around 15C - might even get my deckchair out, :LOL:
haha! we've got thissss 🏃‍♀️ I'm. gonna attempt to stop sitting on my bed eating choc and get outside🤞

Chocolatelover333

Chatty Member
Do you guys have your heating on all day/every day? I have single glazed windows and it’s so cold the minute I turn it off

Koakes

Jeeez, and there's me thinking -1C was frigging cold!

Ah, I presume your quoting "-50" is in Fahrenheit and not Celsius? And how can you tell the diff between a balmy -25 and a chilly -36. Cold is Cold :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, back here in Normalworld, lol, it's a sultry 11C in the Lake District National Park. So much so I didn't have to bother with the central heating this morning; no fleece or thick jumper either! :giggle:
No it's in Celsius! Lol the difference is you don't get almost instant frost bite when you open your door 🤣🤣.

• Wow

GetOffMyLawn

I’ve found my people!!!. I abhor the cold; hate it with a passion. As soon as the tip of my nose goes cold I’m a miserable bitch. If my feet go cold as well, then I’m pissed off and miserable.
Dreading the walk to school tomorrow:(

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I can wrap up for cold when I go out but the paths are so slippery. Poor dog didn't even get walked yesterday. Suppose it helps the stay at home.

Hodgies

Chatty Member
:ROFLMAO: canadian, so -30C or so is when nose hairs freeze.

i will say though, when i was in uk, the "damp cold" was harder for me to endure.
I agree, it's not so much the cold that gets me so much as the constant "damp cold". Those crisp wintery days are great but rare. I went to Toronto at the beginning of March a few years back and yes it was bitterly cold but because it was dry and bright it was so much easier to deal with.

I'm constantly finding myself inappropriately dressed for the weather. Yesterday I was frozen and stood miserably at school pick up in nowhere near enough clothes, so today I put on a big jumper and was totally overheated by the time I came back from dropping them off. We've got double doors into the lounge and literally the minute they're ajar in the slightest it's like the artic has entered. I'm constantly shouting "shut the door"!

• Heart

Mollyoscar_

My poor husband is moaning like hell about having the fan on in the bedroom every night and the window wide open. I'm trying to reassure him that menopause only lasts around 5 years or so...... :ROFLMAO:
The dr told my mum the hot flushes never go away. 20+yrs after the change and she still gets them.

Its frigging freezing! I had winter boots, big coat and a sweater on while walking the dogs this morning. Iv got the heating on 25° and the fire on. I LOVE being cosy and toasty

MagicMarker

I've just turned 50 and the cold is glorious!! I went for a walk this morning in a t shirt and cardigan and was just the right temperature :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: mind you the other dog walker I met was looking at me in horror .................. it was only when I got in my car that I realised it was around 2c.
Menopause? If so I totally get it 😁

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I get the impression that most of you posts on this thread begin with "Fucking freezing!" your language is terrible for a lady of your advanced years :LOL:

Try some exercises - that'll soon warm you up.
Lesser known fact, you will never hear me curse in real life, too many little ears around, I said “bloody hell” a few days ago (not a curse word really!) and I was met with a 5 year old telling me to mind my language. No lie 😐

I do exercise 😂 probably more in winter because I refuse to stay still and freeze unless I’m lying on my bed crying.

but I’m only a scrap of a pup 😂 I get cold quickly, I’d have started this thread the first week of September if I hadn’t already got my thermals layered up

Tea4u

VIP Member
I have a hot water bottle, thermals, the heating on and warm clothes and I’m still freezing. 😭

VIP Member
I didn't work last week due to snow, ice and around 0 temperature's, not exactly motorcycle weather.

I've learned it's due to warm up next week, during the past week the claim was 9 degrees on Monday, then a change of mind, 12 and today the claim is 14. WTF?

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Are you in the UK? I really don't it's been that cold
Yes!!! The Tesco man did agree it was the coolest night for a while but admittedly I was being a wimp who had been sat inside with the heating on and not ventured out.

God knows how much I'll whinge when it actually gets really cold this year 🥶

• Haha