Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
SO cold today! It was really foggy here, too...It was 1 degree when I was out for my morning walk. The fog didn't lift until about 1030, either.
I've been freezing all day.

Maid22

VIP Member
It's not really cold today, but damp and dismal, but the bloody burner won't stay lit, which makes the house feel damp, only thing to do, leccy blanket and bed early!!!!

Kim Mild

VIP Member
This morning it was windy but the wind was warm . It was a bit weird My phone said it was 16°c then it rained and the wind was really chilly. I was freezing

Hendrix

It's freezing and I bloody love it!!! 😆

I’ve been in menopause since 2016. But, when you have a hot flush it feels like your whole body is on fire, a bit like you feel when you’re really embarrassed about something and your body reacts, as well as your face.

It is an uncomfortable feeling and many a time I have had to just step outside the door into the cool air, or pick up a bag of frozen veg in the freezer section of the supermarket. 🙄😂 Every woman is different when experiencing menopause. But what I also used to get straight after a flush was intense cold too. I don’t know which was more odd! 🤣🙄🙄
When my mum was going through menopause we were driving in Glasgow and she took a flush and was literally hanging out the window going over the Kingston Bridge 🤣 I was driving though so she was safe

Last edited:

GetOffMyLawn

I have some Ugg slippers my mum got me in Australia. I love them! They are so warm without causing sweaty feet.
I also have a pair of summer slippers 😂 fluffy slider type ones. Please don’t ever make me work in an office again!
I may ask my husband for a pair of these as a Christmas present. I already own a pair of regular Ugg’s 💕

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I just want to feel the warmth of Spring on my back as I walk... I’m sick of the cold. I only managed one proper walk this week as it was so bitterly chilly last week. Come on, Spring!

idk2

VIP Member
Do you guys have your heating on all day/every day? I have single glazed windows and it’s so cold the minute I turn it off
Yes, we have our gas fire place on in our sitting room all year round (usually for the cat). We are all always freezing so it's an agreed upon compromise rather than the heating on as that can get expensive and its not needed in the summer. However central heating is usually on from September to early April I would say, consistently on a timer for a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the evening along with the fireplace x

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
I'm going shopping in a minute, in a heavily fur-lined coat and gloves, big boots, goggles, a sledge pulled by huskies and a tent in case I have to rest mid-expedition. Scott of the Antarctic was never as intrepid as me!
Well, I'm back. Lost a few fingers and toes to frostbite and have double pneumonia, but I'll survive, hopefully.

What kept me going was the thought of my Sizzlin Cheese and Chilli and Sour Cream Pringles-and my bottles of Caribbean Crush Lucozade.

VIP Member
The heating in my home is on all the time now the temperature ahs dropped, it ticks over during the night.

Peartree

I used to hear so many scaremongering comments about leccy blankets, best we've brought, am lying in bed with mine on now!!!
Us too 😂 I’d class it as an essential item

Am now tucked up in bed all nice and toasty with the EB on number 3. Trouble is I now need to pee!:(
Ooo how warm is that? Only have ours on 1, sometimes 2 if we forget to put it on

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
SO cold today! It was really foggy here, too...It was 1 degree when I was out for my morning walk. The fog didn't lift until about 1030, either.
I've been freezing all day.
Have noticed fog is coming up my way tonight as well. Fortunately I'm not going out, but I really hate fog at the best of times.

VIP Member
Just put the heating on, even with the xmas pudds steaming it's bloody cold inside, just to make matters worse it's colder outside than it was this morning. It wasn't foggy this morning but it's coming down now and getting thicker by the minute.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
The people of Keswick had some snow overnight. Just a dusting really, but where I live in the southern part of the Lake District, we just got rain:)

However, as I look out of my home-office window I can see in the far distance the Fells (Mountain range) covered in snow.

Currently 4C outside and 22C inside - with a little help from the CH again

I can hear the ghost of Captain Scott of the Antarctic mission laughing at us all as a bunch of pansies!
we're just a bunch of snowflakes :ROFLMAO:

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Yes, and it’s too dark as well, for too long, on top of the cold. Love the title of this thread.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Do you guys have your heating on all day/every day? I have single glazed windows and it’s so cold the minute I turn it off
I don't have it on if Im not in the house but the last few days Ive left it on lowish for most of the day as its been cold and the other night I left it on all night as it was freezing (something I rarely do).

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Temps up here in the LD have been steadily falling all week. Last Friday at 11am it was a brisk 13C, this morning same time, its 8C

I don't mind the cold so much, I just don't like snow ice and freezing fog, which usually arrives in the next couple of months.

At least my gas bill is still pretty low for this month - only £27

Pity the utility companies can't "freeze" their prices, ha!

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
I'm chilled to the bone! Got up in the night to go to the toilet and was shivering, couldn't get back to sleep for a while. Working in my gloves.
We've had some sleet, think it's finally stopped raining after 24 hours, but it's SO cold...4 degrees according to my phone!

_basic_

VIP Member
I just want to feel the warmth of Spring on my back as I walk... I’m sick of the cold. I only managed one proper walk this week as it was so bitterly chilly last week. Come on, Spring!
Love the first glimpses of lambs in the fields, bulbs flowering and the hedgerows along the roads starting to green. The think the air smells different as well when the springs arriving.
So much for the temperature rising this week, it’s like pea soup where I am today