Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maid22

VIP Member
It's been a lovely day here, dry and sunny for a change, but clear nite and I think a full moon, freezing cold, leccy blanket on !!!

Ceelea

Chatty Member
Yes, it’s the menopause. 😁
A friend went through menopause and like me she was a huge fan of polonecks or anything that had a higher neckline, but once the hot flashes started she couldn't wear them for around five years... Even a crewneck T-shirt was too much for her !

BigQueenEnergy

As a South African, 24C is just about warm enough to walk around in shorts & t-shirts. Anything below that and I'm shivering :LOL:
24C in London is way different to 24C in Sydney and I have no idea why! It’s perfect weather in Sydney but too hot in London. I don’t get it. I think it must have something to do with humidity.

imnotarobot

It’s so bizarre reading the temps you guys are living in. It’s another hot day here, 42 Celsius and hot northerly winds which are scary because once you get hot temps and hot winds and no rain and dry undergrowth you get bushfires. And they suck.

The coldest I’ve ever known in my town is about -5 C and that was at night time. The hottest was last year when the temp one day peaked at 50 C.

I literally cannot imagine living in such a cold place. I imagine I’d love it for a little while and the novelty would quickly wear off.

VIP Member
I've been out, the bins are on the pavement still because they haven't been emptied yet so I dumped some more food in the caddy, not that bad outside at least in my part of Surrey.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Fucking freezing, I want to lie in the fetal position with my 3 jumpers on and cry 😂

I’m not joking I’m close to tears 😂 it’s 12 degrees (lie) and tomorrow is predicted to be 7 degrees, I canieeeee cope 🥶
I get the impression that most of you posts on this thread begin with "Fucking freezing!" your language is terrible for a lady of your advanced years :LOL:

Try some exercises - that'll soon warm you up.

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
Another cold but very sunny morning. Had to break the thin layer of ice from the bird bath in my garden. Haven't had to do that in awhile.

One advantage of living alone is that I get to dictate the central heating:LOL:
That is what I am now starting to miss.

I have recently moved in with a very old friend of mine. We have known each other 30 years and we have bought a large house together. Unfortunately the heating wars have started. 🤣 The thermostat goes up and down like a whore’s drawers! 🤣 Hoping to get a wood burning stove soon in the dining room, so that will warm the place up a bit. It’s an old cottage, bit draughty in places.

Peartree

it was that cold on a dog walk today my eyes hurt 😞
also the condenser boiler outlet pipe froze again, it’s on the first floor in an awkward spot so can’t defrost, so I’ve sawn through it

This.is.me

VIP Member
My winter dilemma is do I work at home wherever possible and go crazy like the last lockdown or do I go to the FREEZING COLD office but keep my sanity? If I do go to the office my hot water bottle will be coming with me 😂

Mamacita

VIP Member
I love the idea of an EB but my husband would moan :( he is never cold and would quite happily sit in a room of eighteen degrees Celsius if allowed. Hot water bottles are pants too :( It gets me down as I suffer badly with insomnia and now a new symptom, hot flushes?! I’m premenopausal so I’m kind of at an impasse. Separate beds?!
We've got one where both sides plug in so I can have mine on while my boyfriend never uses his!

monga

VIP Member
Yes I have mine on everyday ,even in summer. I'm very coldrife.I've got oil heating and kerosene is rock bottom atm that's one good thing about this pandemic my heating costs have plummeted.

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
I’m so cold and I hate it. I’m feeling guilty for not getting my every day exercise and taking my son out on walks etc BUT IM FREEZING AND I CANT TAKE IT.