A thread to complain about how cold it is.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really want to end every single conversation with
“it’s so cold”
“I’m bloody freezing”
“Are you cold?.... it’s cold isn’t it?”
“Have you got your heating on?”
And my favourite words at the moment are not “cosy” or “autumnal” it’s “thermals” and
“vests” and “380 denier fleece lined tights”
I’m about to go out in this artic weather so rather than talk to myself/the dog I’m making a thread to discuss the weather 😂

I’m perfectly fine if I’m talking to myself on here and updating....myself daily on how cold I am 😂

ANYONE ELSE COLD????
How cold does it get in your country? How do you cope 😂 do you just repeat the words “I’m sooooo cold” on the hour??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm a pale-skinned South African girly living in the Lake District (I have dual nationality). And usually at this time of year (November to March) I fly back to SA to enjoy the hotter weather down there (25C-30C).

However, because of this chuffin' Covid malarky I haven't really been able to leave the UK. So for the first time in a long time I will be facing a cold winter, and already I've whacked up the central heating, and added a few more layers of clothing. And we're not even in the middle of winter yet!

Today is very sunny, which suggests tonight will be very cold. Even talking about it is making me shudder :(

Reactions: 1
I've just turned 50 and the cold is glorious!! I went for a walk this morning in a t shirt and cardigan and was just the right temperature :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: mind you the other dog walker I met was looking at me in horror .................. it was only when I got in my car that I realised it was around 2c.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I've just turned 50 and the cold is glorious!! I went for a walk this morning in a t shirt and cardigan and was just the right temperature :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: mind you the other dog walker I met was looking at me in horror .................. it was only when I got in my car that I realised it was around 2c.
Every thread has at least one weirdo :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It is so cold. And now that we're both working from home all the time I am dreading the gas bill haha.

Reactions: 3
My poor husband is moaning like hell about having the fan on in the bedroom every night and the window wide open. I'm trying to reassure him that menopause only lasts around 5 years or so...... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Cold weather is my absolute fav ❤

I'm so pleased it's getting colder! I tend to spend the warm months in a constant grump as I hate being hot so this weather is perfect for me. I just don't understand how anybody can enjoy hot weather! It's much easier to warm up when you're cold than it is to cool down when you're too hot.

I much prefer autumn/winter fashion to summer fashion too.

Definitely going to be the odd one out here!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I really want to end every single conversation with
“it’s so cold”
“I’m bloody freezing”
“Are you cold?.... it’s cold isn’t it?”
“Have you got your heating on?”
And my favourite words at the moment are not “cosy” or “autumnal” it’s “thermals” and
“vests” and “380 denier fleece lined tights”
I’m about to go out in this artic weather so rather than talk to myself/the dog I’m making a thread to discuss the weather 😂

I’m perfectly fine if I’m talking to myself on here and updating....myself daily on how cold I am 😂

ANYONE ELSE COLD????
How cold does it get in your country? How do you cope 😂 do you just repeat the words “I’m sooooo cold” on the hour??
Got in the car for the school run this morning, 2°. bleeping freezing!!
I'm usually the one in work with a blanket, cardi, gloves etc. And I still complain I'm cold.

Except now I'm WFH I can control the temperature 👀 so I'll be complaining about the bills next!!

My husband accentslly turned the heating off before he went out earlier. I’m not going to lie, divorce was considered for a moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My poor husband is moaning like hell about having the fan on in the bedroom every night and the window wide open. I'm trying to reassure him that menopause only lasts around 5 years or so...... :ROFLMAO:
The dr told my mum the hot flushes never go away. 20+yrs after the change and she still gets them.

Its frigging freezing! I had winter boots, big coat and a sweater on while walking the dogs this morning. Iv got the heating on 25° and the fire on. I LOVE being cosy and toasty

Reactions: 1
This is why I love Tattle, we tackle the most important issues in life 👍🤣

I'm always cold, particularly my feet. I spend every night on the sofa with a ginormous fleece on the top of me, otherwise I'd have to have the heating on max (and everyone else would kill me!).

I don't "do" winter. Saying that I struggle in the heat too so I think I'm just a bit weird 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
:ROFLMAO: canadian, so -30C or so is when nose hairs freeze.

i will say though, when i was in uk, the "damp cold" was harder for me to endure.

pre Covid, i had a job where i was outdoors 6+ hours rain/shine/snow/sleet. we just dress for the weather, and it gives us something to talk about with neighbours for about 6 months. until summer when we complain about how hot it is. :D