Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Trixabellee9393

Winter is officially here - my car was completely iced over this morning!!
My colleagues like to joke about the amount of layers I wear and how I basically roam the school with my huge coat on 24/7 now that we have to keep all the windows and doors open to allow for "ventilation". I just don't understand the demons I work with, walking around in their blouses and thin shirts like its bloody 25 degrees outside and NOT the arctic.

If anyone knows of any good thermals or fleeces or even discreet fluffy socks, hit ya girl up bc I'm taking all opinions and suggestions to get me through this term. Also heating has been on regularly for 2 weeks and I am not ashamed.
Black scarf for at work? Like a cotton one? Looks like part of the outfit and it’s warm 😃😃

Reactions: 1

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Pah! You big wuss!

It's a mild 13C outside here in the Lakes, and 22 in my cosy little home office;)

Of course all it takes is a drop of a couple Cs outside and I'll be freezing too! :rolleyes:
the weather channel tells me it “feels like 13”

liars, fucking liars!!!!

Curly Top

VIP Member
I went for an early morning walk today in Epping Forest and it was so cold. I had four layers on, a scarf, hat and gloves but did not want to stop. The only way is to walk quickly. Certainly wakes you up.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
24C in London is way different to 24C in Sydney and I have no idea why! It’s perfect weather in Sydney but too hot in London. I don’t get it. I think it must have something to do with humidity.
It could be the humidity, plus air pollution. You can have quite bearable temps going into the high 20s low 30s if humidity levels are low. By contrast you can be sweating buckets with lows 20s and high humidity, especially at night when everything is muggy (which I don't mind tbh)

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
We've had weather warnings of snow/sleet for our area tonight, along with freezing temperatures.

The CH is already on Warp Factor 5 :D

kazizzle

VIP Member
Just saw this thread and had to pop in and say I'm so cold! My WFH "desk" is in my kitchen and it's the coldest room in the house. I've already messed about with my heating so it comes on for an extra couple of hours over lunch but I just can't justify the bills increase to have it on more.

• Wow

Tea4u

VIP Member
Omg this thread is genius.

I say “it’s so cold” or “I hate this weather” or something along those lines at least 3 times a day and everyone’s like “it’s not that cold” and I’m sat there in pyjamas, a dressing gown and fluffy socks... still freezing.

I started taking iron under peoples recommendations but STILL COLD. Ps. Uniqlo thermals are the best and so thin so don’t feel really annoying under clothing etc, as a cold person layering is key 😭

Noseyoldcow

VIP Member
Fellow teacher here and Lidl also do some amazing thermal leggings!! I wear them under basically everything these days!
Oooh I’ll look out for those thanks! One of my colleagues broke the zip on her boots yesterday from double loading tights and thick socks! 😂

Mamacita

VIP Member
Oh really?! I need to do some research. Thank you so much! Is there any particular brand you recommend or are they pretty much the same? Xx
Can't remember which one I got but it was on amazon. There are loads so I guess just whichever one has good reviews. Dual control one is what you need 😊

• Heart

shirleymaclaine1

I’m that weirdo who prefers cold weather to hot....currently luxuriating in my favourite fleecy jimjams and spotty bed socks like a pig in muck 😊

I love the idea of an EB but my husband would moan :( he is never cold and would quite happily sit in a room of eighteen degrees Celsius if allowed. Hot water bottles are pants too :( It gets me down as I suffer badly with insomnia and now a new symptom, hot flushes?! I’m premenopausal so I’m kind of at an impasse. Separate beds?!
Separate beds are definitely the way forward for perimenopausal women...no more hubby or partner moaning about the duvet being on, the duvet being off etc etc....

Ceelea

Chatty Member
I rarely complain about the cold because it's been ages since I liked summer, especially when it's over 35C.

I rug up in warm clothing and don't go out unless it's absolutely necessary, but I can understand those who have a long, really cold autumn-winter for not feeling the same way.

VIP Member
I'm still feeling the cold from yesterday, I'm sitting in a very warm house and I feel cold.

Yesterday was brutal, cold, wet and horrible, even a cup of Macdonald's coffee had little effect.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
I'm a pale-skinned South African girly living in the Lake District (I have dual nationality). And usually at this time of year (November to March) I fly back to SA to enjoy the hotter weather down there (25C-30C).

However, because of this chuffin' Covid malarky I haven't really been able to leave the UK. So for the first time in a long time I will be facing a cold winter, and already I've whacked up the central heating, and added a few more layers of clothing. And we're not even in the middle of winter yet!

Today is very sunny, which suggests tonight will be very cold. Even talking about it is making me shudder :(

Maid22

VIP Member
I remember growing up in a house where the inside of the windows froze up, am abit the same now, no central heating, have a burner which only heats the downstairs which I haven't lit yet, I just put layers on and go bed early with a leccy blanket.

aaliyahplz

VIP Member
Just found this thread and god it is cold today nothing could've prepared me for when I opened my front door

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Normally love the cold but I've woken up in a stinking mood and had to de-ice my bastard car when I was already running late so this weather can do one.

• Heart

VIP Member
Sitting in my home toasty, heating on 24, ventured outside to throw the rubbish out, that was enough for me.

Yas1994

omg this is my sorta thread 😂
Its SO cold I don't ever want to go outside, I'm trying to be healthy and go running everyday like I did during our last lockdown but just can't bring myself to leave the house! rather stay indoors and eat junk! 😫

God! I hate the cold feet.
How do people keep their feet toasty? I have a fleeced socks and it is not working. lol.