Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
I’ve been in menopause since 2016. But, when you have a hot flush it feels like your whole body is on fire, a bit like you feel when you’re really embarrassed about something and your body reacts, as well as your face.

It is an uncomfortable feeling and many a time I have had to just step outside the door into the cool air, or pick up a bag of frozen veg in the freezer section of the supermarket. 🙄😂 Every woman is different when experiencing menopause. But what I also used to get straight after a flush was intense cold too. I don’t know which was more odd! 🤣🙄🙄

Reactions: 2

openbook1

VIP Member
Was -40 here all week. Absolutely awful, go outside and within 10 seconds my skin is burning. It is now up to -19, which feels "warm."

• Wow

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I hate the cold. We have Temperature Control Wars in our house. I put it to 25 then notice it's down to 20, so I whack it back up. When he does this it gets me mad, so as we tend to live in the kitchen/diner/living/dogs area/laundry room, I put the hob on (no pans) and turn on the tumble dryer to speed up warming the room. 🙄

The cold makes me grumpy too so if he mentions anything about the bills, I can bark, snap, swear, stamp my feet, and get the dog on my side too. 🐕

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
Was lovely watching the snow falling last night when I was on my night shift. Not so lovely walking out onto the car park in the morning as I was leaving though! Bambi on ice, and freezing! For the first time I was glad to be wearing a mask.

Gemgemgemgem

I'm in tropical Queensland, everyone here is complaining it's too hot. It's still only spring.

Coldest it got to this year in the winter was 12 degrees Celsius and we were all rugged up / wrapped up!

Maid22

VIP Member
I’ve found my people!!!. I abhor the cold; hate it with a passion. As soon as the tip of my nose goes cold I’m a miserable bitch. If my feet go cold as well, then I’m pissed off and miserable.
Dreading the walk to school tomorrow:(
I know its cold for me when my nose gets cold too ( tis big enough!) and hate having cold feet!!

• Heart

spangly

VIP Member
I'm so stingy, I will only put the heating on for about an hour in the evening (and that's usually only if the temperature is around freezing or we've got snow!) I do like being warm though, so I'll bung on lots of extra layers and sit under a blanket all evening!

Everyone else in my house seems to be warm quite a lot of the time, they sit around in t-shirts and shorts whilst I'm bundled up in my dressing gown with the hood up! I live in the South, so I guess it's not always as bitterly cold down here.
Years ago when I was a student, I went home with a boyfriend who was from Leeds and we stayed with his parents for the Weekend. I had never endured cold like it - I actually went to bed in all my clothes...and my coat...and I was still cold!

I've often thought about investing in an electric blanket but even under the winter duvet, I get too hot in the middle of the night and have to stick my legs out, then I'm too cold and put them back under the covers and so on all night!

• Heart

GetOffMyLawn

I love the idea of an EB but my husband would moan :( he is never cold and would quite happily sit in a room of eighteen degrees Celsius if allowed. Hot water bottles are pants too :( It gets me down as I suffer badly with insomnia and now a new symptom, hot flushes?! I’m premenopausal so I’m kind of at an impasse. Separate beds?!

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Another cold but very sunny morning. Had to break the thin layer of ice from the bird bath in my garden. Haven't had to do that in awhile.

One advantage of living alone is that I get to dictate the central heating:LOL:

kazizzle

VIP Member
Just can't heat up today at all. Debating going and putting all my snowboarding base layers on in an attempt to retain some heat. My thermostat said it was 22 degrees in the house this morning when I started work. It is not.

Plasticbox

Chatty Member
My top tip for not being at cold at home is to put a hot water bottle in your dressing gown while you wear it!!!

Maid22

VIP Member
I had a Tesco delivery on Monday and spent the whole time I was emptying my shopping from the boxes moaning about how cold it was.

Afterwards thought he probably had zero sympathy for the poor girl who'd come out of her cosy warm house for the first time that day to have her shopping delivered to her door when he still had 2 hrs to go 😂😂😂
Are you in the UK? I really don't it's been that cold yet!!

I love the idea of an EB but my husband would moan :( he is never cold and would quite happily sit in a room of eighteen degrees Celsius if allowed. Hot water bottles are pants too :( It gets me down as I suffer badly with insomnia and now a new symptom, hot flushes?! I’m premenopausal so I’m kind of at an impasse. Separate beds?!
Separate rooms if you can, best thing me and hubby decided to do, he snores, and I'm an insomiac, one of the best decisions we made, doesn't make us love each other less, we all need sleeps.

Last edited:

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Fucking freezing, I want to lie in the fetal position with my 3 jumpers on and cry 😂

I’m not joking I’m close to tears 😂 it’s 12 degrees (lie) and tomorrow is predicted to be 7 degrees, I canieeeee cope 🥶