Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VIP Member
Try working all day OUTSIDE like I do....especially after a 15 hour day like the one I just did.

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
If anyone knows of any good thermals
I buy kids age 14 thermals and double them up 😐
Don’t hate me kids sizes are big these days 😂

Ive also taken to sitting beside the tumble dryer like a fucking cat 😂 I hate myself. 😂 I now have toddlers wondering what’s so special about the laundry room.
😂 fuck off im cold 😂 pretend we’re hiding 😂

• Haha

Justreading

VIP Member
I really want to end every single conversation with
“it’s so cold”
“I’m bloody freezing”
“Are you cold?.... it’s cold isn’t it?”
“Have you got your heating on?”
And my favourite words at the moment are not “cosy” or “autumnal” it’s “thermals” and
“vests” and “380 denier fleece lined tights”
I’m about to go out in this artic weather so rather than talk to myself/the dog I’m making a thread to discuss the weather 😂

I’m perfectly fine if I’m talking to myself on here and updating....myself daily on how cold I am 😂

ANYONE ELSE COLD????
How cold does it get in your country? How do you cope 😂 do you just repeat the words “I’m sooooo cold” on the hour??
Got in the car for the school run this morning, 2°. Fucking freezing!!
I'm usually the one in work with a blanket, cardi, gloves etc. And I still complain I'm cold.

Except now I'm WFH I can control the temperature 👀 so I'll be complaining about the bills next!!

Happy Lady

VIP Member
It's just getting colder every day. So I had to buy my dog some PJs. He looks the dogs bollocks in them and he's warm.

Watch you're footing cause it's black ice outside.

or JusRollWithIt

VIP Member
:ROFLMAO: canadian, so -30C or so is when nose hairs freeze.

i will say though, when i was in uk, the "damp cold" was harder for me to endure.

pre Covid, i had a job where i was outdoors 6+ hours rain/shine/snow/sleet. we just dress for the weather, and it gives us something to talk about with neighbours for about 6 months. until summer when we complain about how hot it is. :D

Ceelea

Chatty Member
I hate workplaces that in the summer time crank the air con on high. I nearly came down with hypothermia with one summer job I had, so I'd wear a jacket, blazer or cardigan to cope and a couple of times I'd even wear a knit poloneck which got me some strange looks on the train going into work !

idk2

VIP Member
Winter is officially here - my car was completely iced over this morning!!
My colleagues like to joke about the amount of layers I wear and how I basically roam the school with my huge coat on 24/7 now that we have to keep all the windows and doors open to allow for "ventilation". I just don't understand the demons I work with, walking around in their blouses and thin shirts like its bloody 25 degrees outside and NOT the arctic.

If anyone knows of any good thermals or fleeces or even discreet fluffy socks, hit ya girl up bc I'm taking all opinions and suggestions to get me through this term. Also heating has been on regularly for 2 weeks and I am not ashamed.

Fanaff

VIP Member
I was gonna say, work from home made it so much better, its finally me who sets the temperature. So happy I don't have to sit in a freezing office!!

Need to get some cosy slippers!
I have some Ugg slippers my mum got me in Australia. I love them! They are so warm without causing sweaty feet.
I also have a pair of summer slippers 😂 fluffy slider type ones. Please don’t ever make me work in an office again!

idk2

VIP Member
Its been -3 all day!! We've had the heating on high all day and finally let the cat out to do his business and get some air. Ofcourse it started snowing (didnt realise and the poor mite was out there for an hour). He gave me the dirtiest look but perked up for treats.

Realised I'm getting old when I'm not even the least bit tempted to go play in the snow with my little siblings.

• Haha

idk2

VIP Member
I buy kids age 14 thermals and double them up 😐
Don’t hate me kids sizes are big these days 😂

Ive also taken to sitting beside the tumble dryer like a fucking cat 😂 I hate myself. 😂 I now have toddlers wondering what’s so special about the laundry room.
😂 fuck off im cold 😂 pretend we’re hiding 😂
Kids clothes never fit me, trust me. My stingy ass has tried to fit in them, if it isnt arm length coming up short, its the waist line 🤣

You think thats bad? Try fighting over who gets to sit in front of the fireplace with your cat. That demons spawn almost scratched out my eyes when I tried moving him!

• Haha

lemonlime

VIP Member
Cannot stand the heat at all so I'm not complaining about the weather one bit, but I'm wishing you poor freezing people plenty of thermal layers and good heating this winter 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
It is so cold. And now that we're both working from home all the time I am dreading the gas bill haha.

openbook1

VIP Member
I'm from the UK, now living in Canada. In winter, it is not unusual to get down to -40 degrees. In fact, just last week it was -27. This Monday, it was +23. We get warm winds that break up the winter every few weeks.
I do giggle a bit when people in the UK go on about how cold it is but then I remember that the dampness makes it a lot worse. I always say to people back home that I would take a dry, sunny, -25 day over a grey, damp 0-degree day back home.
Layers are key.

Monkeybum

VIP Member
I had a Tesco delivery on Monday and spent the whole time I was emptying my shopping from the boxes moaning about how cold it was.

Afterwards thought he probably had zero sympathy for the poor girl who'd come out of her cosy warm house for the first time that day to have her shopping delivered to her door when he still had 2 hrs to go 😂😂😂

• Haha

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
It hasn't stopped raining since I woke up at 7. And its still only 6 degrees. Sleet showers forecast for tomorrow, and I think 4 degrees. So that'll be nice.

Wrapped in a blanket at my desk all day, absolutely freezing!!

Reactions: 2

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Yesterday did the weekly shop and there was a queue outdoors. Snow not finished melting as the weather is icy cold with a breeze to it. My facemask stopped me getting chapped lips 😂

Today is even worse - indoors. Got out of bed at 8pm but straight back in again to get warm until 11am. 🤭

Anyway I don't care what the heating bill is, I took a lovely hot shower, am wearing layers, and I've whacked the heating right up. My fingers are still cold.

Moan ... Moan ... Moan

• Haha
Reactions: 2