A thread to complain about how cold it is.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I have mine on everyday ,even in summer. I'm very coldrife.I've got oil heating and kerosene is rock bottom atm that's one good thing about this pandemic my heating costs have plummeted.

Do you guys have your heating on all day/every day? I have single glazed windows and it’s so cold the minute I turn it off
Yes, we have our gas fire place on in our sitting room all year round (usually for the cat). We are all always freezing so it's an agreed upon compromise rather than the heating on as that can get expensive and its not needed in the summer. However central heating is usually on from September to early April I would say, consistently on a timer for a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the evening along with the fireplace x

I'm in tropical Queensland, everyone here is complaining it's too hot. It's still only spring.

Coldest it got to this year in the winter was 12 degrees Celsius and we were all rugged up / wrapped up!

Reactions: 2
I’m Australian and I’m so jealous. I absolutely love cold weather!!

I went to London in the summer once and it was feral. It was only 24 degrees and I felt like I was dying, even though I’m used to the Aussie heat.

Cold weather is the best weather! ❤

Reactions: 1
I’m Australian and I’m so jealous. I absolutely love cold weather!!

I went to London in the summer once and it was feral. It was only 24 degrees and I felt like I was dying, even though I’m used to the Aussie heat.

Cold weather is the best weather! ❤
As a South African, 24C is just about warm enough to walk around in shorts & t-shirts. Anything below that and I'm shivering :LOL:

As a South African, 24C is just about warm enough to walk around in shorts & t-shirts. Anything below that and I'm shivering :LOL:
24C in London is way different to 24C in Sydney and I have no idea why! It’s perfect weather in Sydney but too hot in London. I don’t get it. I think it must have something to do with humidity.

24C in London is way different to 24C in Sydney and I have no idea why! It’s perfect weather in Sydney but too hot in London. I don’t get it. I think it must have something to do with humidity.
It could be the humidity, plus air pollution. You can have quite bearable temps going into the high 20s low 30s if humidity levels are low. By contrast you can be sweating buckets with lows 20s and high humidity, especially at night when everything is muggy (which I don't mind tbh)

I’ve been in menopause since 2016. But, when you have a hot flush it feels like your whole body is on fire, a bit like you feel when you’re really embarrassed about something and your body reacts, as well as your face.

It is an uncomfortable feeling and many a time I have had to just step outside the door into the cool air, or pick up a bag of frozen veg in the freezer section of the supermarket. 🙄😂 Every woman is different when experiencing menopause. But what I also used to get straight after a flush was intense cold too. I don’t know which was more odd! 🤣🙄🙄

Do you guys have your heating on all day/every day? I have single glazed windows and it’s so cold the minute I turn it off
I don't have it on if Im not in the house but the last few days Ive left it on lowish for most of the day as its been cold and the other night I left it on all night as it was freezing (something I rarely do).

I'd get teased all the time over how many layers I'd be in when most of my friends would be comfortable in a light sweater or jacket over a T-shirt or skivvy at the most.

My personal record is five:

A thermal top as the base layer, followed by a cotton skivvy, a cashmere poloneck sweater, a blazer and then an overcoat !

I hate the cold. We have Temperature Control Wars in our house. I put it to 25 then notice it's down to 20, so I whack it back up. When he does this it gets me mad, so as we tend to live in the kitchen/diner/living/dogs area/laundry room, I put the hob on (no pans) and turn on the tumble dryer to speed up warming the room. 🙄

The cold makes me grumpy too so if he mentions anything about the bills, I can bark, snap, swear, stamp my feet, and get the dog on my side too. 🐕

• Haha
Another cold but very sunny morning. Had to break the thin layer of ice from the bird bath in my garden. Haven't had to do that in awhile.

One advantage of living alone is that I get to dictate the central heating:LOL:

Another cold but very sunny morning. Had to break the thin layer of ice from the bird bath in my garden. Haven't had to do that in awhile.

One advantage of living alone is that I get to dictate the central heating:LOL:
That is what I am now starting to miss.

I have recently moved in with a very old friend of mine. We have known each other 30 years and we have bought a large house together. Unfortunately the heating wars have started. 🤣 The thermostat goes up and down like a bleep’s drawers! 🤣 Hoping to get a wood burning stove soon in the dining room, so that will warm the place up a bit. It’s an old cottage, bit draughty in places.

Pah! You big wuss!

It's a mild 13C outside here in the Lakes, and 22 in my cosy little home office;)

Of course all it takes is a drop of a couple Cs outside and I'll be freezing too! :rolleyes:
the weather channel tells me it “feels like 13”

liars, bleeping liars!!!!

It's freezing and I bloody love it!!! 😆

I’ve been in menopause since 2016. But, when you have a hot flush it feels like your whole body is on fire, a bit like you feel when you’re really embarrassed about something and your body reacts, as well as your face.

It is an uncomfortable feeling and many a time I have had to just step outside the door into the cool air, or pick up a bag of frozen veg in the freezer section of the supermarket. 🙄😂 Every woman is different when experiencing menopause. But what I also used to get straight after a flush was intense cold too. I don’t know which was more odd! 🤣🙄🙄
When my mum was going through menopause we were driving in Glasgow and she took a flush and was literally hanging out the window going over the Kingston Bridge 🤣 I was driving though so she was safe

Last edited:
I was working today without my heated grips on so it wasn't cold today.....

It was 15 degrees here today, not too cold. I feel I wandered into the wrong thread though as I went out in just a midi skirt and a knitted jumper when it was 9 degrees or so over the weekend 😆

Omg this thread is genius.

I say “it’s so cold” or “I hate this weather” or something along those lines at least 3 times a day and everyone’s like “it’s not that cold” and I’m sat there in pyjamas, a dressing gown and fluffy socks... still freezing.

I started taking iron under peoples recommendations but STILL COLD. Ps. Uniqlo thermals are the best and so thin so don’t feel really annoying under clothing etc, as a cold person layering is key 😭