__beingbrittany #12 Your comment has been seen and we don’t forgive that you were a teen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wow some of these comments! I used to follow Brittany have since unfollowed. I’ve lurked on this thread and haven’t wanted to be drawn in as it’s such a sensitive subject and one that has affected me. I’m mixed race and grew up in an area where there werent many children that looked like me. I was called racist slurs at school continually and when my parents went to the head teacher was told oh it’s only name calling!!! Let her get on with it. No picking on someone because of the colour of there skin, religion, ethnicity or disability or sexual preference is disgusting! So supposedly writing a backhanded apology makes up for using racial slurs in my book it does not and I don’t care if anyone disagrees with me! The comments here have made me extremely upset and disappointed that people are trying to defend her behaviour. I have children who will have to grow up in this world.

If she has researched and educated herself and can come back with a more thought out apology then maybe just maybe she could be forgiven but her and her partners actions are not of those that are remorseful but of someone that’s been caught out.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
If you were willing to change and grow you wouldn't block everyone who doesn't support you, you wouldn't create a fake Instagram account to openly post racism, you would step away from your affs and you would give an actual apology not a woe is me tale. When it comes to racism there is 0 tolerance. So no, we don't need to give Brit a chance. What Brit needs to do is learn about racism and be prepared herself to actively speak out against it. Even if that is to her boyfriend. She needs to understand that there's actually no excuse, not being young or where you live or anything. And then she needs to own that she didn't simply make a mistake, she willingly said and did things that are racist!! If she does that, then I wish her all the best for the future but it doesn't mean she should still get to live a life off the back of her Instagram followers. Many of whom would have suffered the same kind of racism that she finds acceptable.
100% agree. If she was really sorry then she would be genuine and action it properly. Show us what she is doing to educate herself. She clearly reads here so why not use her account on here to apologise too. She’s disgusting. And, even if she was a victim he didn’t make her post racist comments. And she would of shut it down quicker

Reactions: 10
Just wow some of these comments! I used to follow Brittany have since unfollowed. I’ve lurked on this thread and haven’t wanted to be drawn in as it’s such a sensitive subject and one that has affected me. I’m mixed race and grew up in an area where there werent many children that looked like me. I was called racist slurs at school continually and when my parents went to the head teacher was told oh it’s only name calling!!! Let her get on with it. No picking on someone because of the colour of there skin, religion, ethnicity or disability or sexual preference is disgusting! So supposedly writing a backhanded apology makes up for using racial slurs in my book it does not and I don’t care if anyone disagrees with me! The comments here have made me extremely upset and disappointed that people are trying to defend her behaviour. I have children who will have to grow up in this world.

If she has researched and educated herself and can come back with a more thought out apology then maybe just maybe she could be forgiven but her and her partners actions are not of those that are remorseful but of someone that’s been caught out.
I’m so sorry you’ve had to deal with this personally, yes there are people on here defending her and know that the rest of us are shocked by that, because her behaviour is not excusable in our eyes either ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve been a quiet lerker but this, she is not a vibe nor queen!!!!!!!!! What I’ve read and seen has made me sick to my stomach, she’s nothing but a RACIST.
C7FBFA35-F965-4C21-B914-35F135A5A268.png

Reactions: 15
Sorry was just going to post Sean’s story! No she is not a Queen or a Vibe. She is absolutely disgusting. She knew that account was out there as she’d liked posts about 100 weeks ago. No she probably doesn’t remember writing that word but that doesn’t make it any better. Absolutely awful.

Reactions: 8
I would mildly half agree with the defensive comments if it was one singular stand alone comment from 10 years ago but it isn’t! they even made that stupid monkey account THE NEXT DAY to carry on being racist sooo....

Reactions: 12
Of course he’s going to say she’s a vibe. He’s a racist as is she and clearly that’s his “vibe” skanky no neck prick! duck off down a hole.

Reactions: 14
I just think maybe we should see if she moves forward positively. We don’t know what her relationship is like with Sean either. We should just maybe see how it plays out and see if she was just a dumb, ignorant twit and has matured or if she is still the same now.🤷🏻‍♀️
Do you have any mixed race/different ethnic family members or friends??? I’ve seen my partner be racially attacked (verbally) before lockdown. We also have a mixed race child. Seeing it first hand is fukin heartbreaking. Her apology was absoulte fukin bullshit.

I agree 💯%

This feels like a witch hunt.
She did wrong, she’s apologised.
Persecuting her isn’t going to end well.
Perfect example of white privilege.
I don’t think you quite get how offensive what she said is. Her ages is NO excuse. Even if we say she was only young, that isn’t an excuse. She was 19. Not 12. As I said before, my 19 year old sister would never dream of saying words like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
All,

Small nobody (especially private) accounts are not allowed to be promoted (aka posted / mentioned) on tattle.

It's easy to be virtuous when you're a relative nobody targetting someone with over 20 times the followers.

This rule is because so many accounts use tattle for attention by repeating what people post here and it gets messy with so many accounts looking for more followers and likes.

Giving cryptic clues to find an account is just the same as naming them and doesn't mean this rule isn't breached , if anything it's more annoying!

Thanks!

Reactions: 11
She might have been a “vibe” then but she’s three stone heavier now Sean darlin, update your hype up story I dare ya x

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Are we not being a little harsh with all of this? I mean, yeah, crappy thing to say, apology was not worth the bother, but in context , it was ten years ago. Haven’t we all made mistakes and errors of judgement? What about people who do turn themselves around if they are horrible prejudiced people? She’s owned up, let’s see if she can move forward now and stop with all the tit throwing
Racism isn't an error in judgement especially from an adult mother. The word she used has been used to perscute people because of their skin for 100's of years. It is not ok, has not been and never will be. She has only owned up because she was caught which is the only reason she posted that excuse drivel. If that is what she posts on a public forum imagine what she says when she is not in public. Imagine you were someone who has been racially abused or is a POC you would not want racism just swept under the carpet. It should not be just ignored because it happened ages ago. POC have been fighting against this exact issue for years where nothing is done. If you think just because it happened ages ago and she posted about it because she was found out it should be let go perhaps you need to reevaulte your own values as it is clear there is something amiss...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Racism isn't an error in judgement especially from an adult mother. The word she used has been used to perscute people because of their skin for 100's of years. It is not ok, has not been and never will be. She has only owned up because she was caught which is the only reason she posted that excuse drivel. If that is what she posts on a public forum imagine what she says when she is not in public. Imagine you were someone who has been racially abused or is a POC you would not want racism just swept under the carpet. It should not be just ignored because it happened ages ago. POC have been fighting against this exact issue for years where nothing is done. If you think just because it happened ages ago and she posted about it because she was found out it should be let go perhaps you need to reevaulte your own values as it is clear there is something amiss...
Yessss to this! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 3
I’m the same age as her, did she not go to school no? Because you discuss rasicm in more than one lesson? She can’t say her parents didn’t educate her either.. it isn’t something you really should need educating on. It’s common sense.
Why are people defending her? I don’t care if it’s now or 10 years ago. She was old enough to have a baby she’s old enough to not make disgusting remarks.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.