__beingbrittany #12 Your comment has been seen and we don’t forgive that you were a teen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are we not being a little harsh with all of this? I mean, yeah, crappy thing to say, apology was not worth the bother, but in context , it was ten years ago. Haven’t we all made mistakes and errors of judgement? What about people who do turn themselves around if they are horrible prejudiced people? She’s owned up, let’s see if she can move forward now and stop with all the tit throwing
HARSH?? duck off love!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I just think maybe we should see if she moves forward positively. We don’t know what her relationship is like with Sean either. We should just maybe see how it plays out and see if she was just a dumb, ignorant twit and has matured or if she is still the same now.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Are we not being a little harsh with all of this? I mean, yeah, crappy thing to say, apology was not worth the bother, but in context , it was ten years ago. Haven’t we all made mistakes and errors of judgement? What about people who do turn themselves around if they are horrible prejudiced people? She’s owned up, let’s see if she can move forward now and stop with all the tit throwing
Have you read the the thread?
First of all, the apology was not worth a bother and that does mean a lot. She's apologising because she was caught out, not because she has learned. Secondly, what about the other account that was created defending it that then turned into mocking? As well as the racist tattoos her pedalo boyfriend has?

Why would you date someone with racist tit tattooed on him, if you didn't believe in the same views?
You wouldn't.

So basically duck right back off up Brittany's arse, please and thanks.

edit: snorted at the change from a certain word to pedalo, didn't realise that was the forum doing that and thought it was an autocorrect joke from before. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 30
I just think maybe we should see if she moves forward positively. We don’t know what her relationship is like with Sean either. We should just maybe see how it plays out and see if she was just a dumb, ignorant twit and has matured or if she is still the same now.🤷🏻‍♀️
What’s her relationship with Sean got to do with it? Even if it is a loving relationship, it doesn’t excuse the fact she was GROOMED. Just because it worked out 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Reactions: 10
I disagree. She’s shown no actual evidence of change or growth. Her apology was half arsed and appeared to just be trying to save face, she has blocked people who have disagreed with her actions and has shown no evidence of being willing to listen and learn. So I will continue to highlight and talk about her crappy actions until I believe she genuinely has changed, is genuinely sorry, and actually understands racism / the impact it can have and shows genuine action to stand against racism.
we’ve seen in recent months / years her partner uses racist terminology and I personally believe you wouldn’t be with a racist if you weren’t a racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hi not sure if you’re aware she also made an Instagram last week to post pictures of monkeys saying she loves their noses and also photos of Chinese takeaways and added them to a highlight called ‘chinky food’, hope that helps.

Reactions: 17
Hiya, yeah, cheers for pointing out the obvious, I have read the thread. And I’m expressing an opinion: not excusing her actions, ever heard of giving someone a shot at changing? Maybe not if you use phrases such as “duck right off up brittany’s arse”.
Classy 🤦🏻‍♀️

You practically point it out yourself. If she was groomed and he’s a racist, maybe she is still in a bad relationship. We don’t know.
I do believe people can change, I just have zero tolerance for racism or people who try to excuse it. And being groomed does not excuse racism, not in the slightest.
Actions speak louder than words, she was caught so she is on damage control to try and protect her income and not genuinely sorry which is evident in her non-apology and the account made after.

Reactions: 15
On the subject of growth which I agree people can and do grow but the disabled slur was recent, never apologised, said it was ‘normal’ where she lives yet plenty of people from there said it isn’t and it’s not an excuse anyway

Reactions: 13
Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. I’m just saying shouldn’t we just see what happens now, instead of being judge and jury. People are pointing out a lot of theories about Sean and if they are true, that could potentially mean that Brit is a victim. I just think we should be mindful
True. Don’t get me wrong if she comes back and proves us all wrong then I was eat my own words and give her another chance

Reactions: 3
On the subject of growth which I agree people can and do grow but the disabled slur was recent, never apologised, said it was ‘normal’ where she lives yet plenty of people from there said it isn’t and it’s not an excuse anyway
There’s so many things she has said that are offensive to many different people she’s only spoke about this one because it’s obviously the worst, some people are joining tattle now and not taking the time to read from thread 1 which I think they should before they leave a comment defending her

Reactions: 6
If you were willing to change and grow you wouldn't block everyone who doesn't support you, you wouldn't create a fake Instagram account to openly post racism, you would step away from your affs and you would give an actual apology not a woe is me tale. When it comes to racism there is 0 tolerance. So no, we don't need to give Brit a chance. What Brit needs to do is learn about racism and be prepared herself to actively speak out against it. Even if that is to her boyfriend. She needs to understand that there's actually no excuse, not being young or where you live or anything. And then she needs to own that she didn't simply make a mistake, she willingly said and did things that are racist!! If she does that, then I wish her all the best for the future but it doesn't mean she should still get to live a life off the back of her Instagram followers. Many of whom would have suffered the same kind of racism that she finds acceptable.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
There’s a difference in “mistakes and errors of judgement” and being racist. I absolutely hate when people (Brittany included) excuse racism as “errors of judgement”.

An error of judgement is hitting a car while reversing into a parking space because you thought had more room than you did - it isn’t being racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I agree 💯%

This feels like a witch hunt.
She did wrong, she’s apologised.
Persecuting her isn’t going to end well.
I would semi agree with this if her husband hadn’t of created that racist account straight after it was highlighted to her, sorry but for some people racism isn’t a joke, it ruins people’s lives. People can definitely grow and change and educate themselves, totally agree but their response to the actual racism was sickening and in my opinion far worse than something she said a decade ago. And her apology was so me me me, woe is me. People are mad and I get why, I really do.

I agree 💯%

Reactions: 9
I agree 💯%

Did she apologise for what she did, or did she make up a lot of excuses about being young and naive and then block anyone who called her out further? Feels more like damage control than a proper apology. She isn’t sorry she said it, she’s sorry she was caught.

Reactions: 28
Did she apologise for what she did, or did she make up a lot of excuses about being young and naive and then block anyone who called her out further? Feels more like damage control than a proper apology. She isn’t sorry she said it, she’s sorry she was caught.
💅🏼💅🏼💅🏼💅🏼 Preach

Has anyone seen sean’s posts today🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 5
💅🏼💅🏼💅🏼💅🏼 Preach

Has anyone seen sean’s posts today🙄🙄🙄🙄
What's he saying?

Also can't believe people are on here defending her. You know in the real world if you were caught being racist at work you'd be fired. Instagram is pretty much her job as she gains so much money/gifts etc from it. So regardless of what you think of her personally, she still deserves the same treatment every other racist does!!!!

Reactions: 22
I reckon these defending her are her family/friends. There’s no way anyone can defend racism!!

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.