Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
I think the idea is that they get the links attacked to your phone cookies so any purchases you make earn them money. The Amazon ones really grind my gears, they're constantly shared by influencers because they know a lot of people shop at Amazon regularly. Having one of their links attacked to our account can be very profitable.

It's unethical, greedy and underhand.

Reactions: 6

loubylou50

VIP Member
I’ve noticed her swipe ups getting more and more desperate - take the oil diffuser ones for example. She posted the most expensive Neom one saying it’s good but pricey, then she went on to post various cheaper ones but sneakily pointing out on each what was wrong with them! Then finally re-posted the Neom one saying it really is the best and worth the price, oh and here’s my #aff link discount code! So manipulative 🙄

Cherrypie32

Chatty Member
40notfrumpy is a strange one, she has no real content and just sticks up a gifted/ad new outfit each day which, without other content, is starting to get my goat. I don’t mind Helen when she’s not just repeating her current faves or plugging M&Co

Basicbasic

VIP Member
It's really really sad to see these awful people still conning and selling and swiping. People are desperately trying to get hold of essential items, people are scared and worried and everything is uncertain. Disgusting.

OhhBacon

VIP Member
I think she has really changed. She has posted a couple of dresses that looks terrible on their own, but has disguised that with the leather jacket or denim shirt. She is then selling them to her punters.
What a great buy a dress that means you can’t take your jacket off? Previously she would have said that the fit isn’t good.
Now she is all sell, sell, sell!

Also I can’t understand how anyone has to ask about any element of jewellery because it is all constantly linked...the ‘everyone asks’ is utter bull, it’s just a softer sell.

Rosiepie

VIP Member
👆But hun she is just sharing some lovely dresses she found to help you out. #begrateful.

*Obviously joking. 😂

I don't think a petition is needed to save tattle. They can't close it down because it is opinions about their sneaky lying behaviour.
However things work both ways, if they want us sensored then I agree they should be sensored and not allowed to flog utter crap to people without fully declaring what they are up to.
I agree. Cloud interiors was talking about all influencers and followers to sign a petition to stop Tattle. What I meant is Tattle should have a petition against influencers making money from insta. Obvs never going to happen, but imagine influencers having no revenue streams or brands gifting them all the time. They’d have to actually buy products and share information the old fashioned way. I think influencers should be made more accountable for what they post and the ways in which they advertise. Helens account is a merry go round of constant swipe ups and I do think that is fundamentally wrong. Her actions of encouraging people to buy more (not less) is going against what we now know about fast fashion, the impact on the environment, and the negative effects of consumerism in today’s society. Take away the monetary aspect of IG and a lot of these influencers would simply disappear.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
The grid photo! I mean, I get that she has a few rolls when she sits down, but she knows she's actually got a fab figure so sitting there with her very tall, slim body saying let's normalise tummies is a bit tone deaf and disingenuous. If you have to position yourself in a certain way in your underwear to get the rolls, then id say the body pos messages are probably not for you. It's not brave at all, just looks desperate.

AdAdAdGiftGiftGiftBoring

They both seems to be talking about food more than anything else! What pisses me off though is SB is so expensive for gym gear there’s no way these two would ever actually put their hand in their pocket and buy these outfits themselves and yet they’re promoting it for us to buy!!
Slightly off topic but why does Abi always have black smudged make up around her eyes??
This woman (Abi) needs her own thread.....the snarl when she talks, the brattish behaviour, the entitlement......so much to talk about 😂. I unfollowed a year ago but would love to see what others think of her.

• Heart

AdAdAdGiftGiftGiftBoring

I’m only following for the codes now. Making sure I’m not clicking through on swipe ups and if I can use a generic code rather than one of hers better still. She has become unbearable (and boring!) to watch. Everything on repeat 🥱

Mastermum

This is what she sent just before she blocked me:

‘I do not go with companies just for money and turn down brands on a daily basis. I will be back in Matalan who I started working with because they saw how much I loved their pieces but really I dont need anyone questioning me thats a very simple unfollow..’

Affiliatedlink

Chatty Member
How many denim jackets do you need? I have 2 (both different style) but every one of Helens are just your regular Same same denim jacket. I find her too hard to watch on stories as she just doesn’t come up for air!!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Rosiepie

VIP Member
Can you imagine! The bottom would fall out of their worlds so dependant they’ve become on the monetary gain...but also also the validation and fangirling aspect. This applies to all of them but in particular Helen, justalittlebuild and thehousebuild. Their entire existence appears to revolve around Instagram and I think there would be a huge void in their lives if it was ever taken away from them. Pathetic women.
They are all cashing in - cha chinging all the way to the Instabank! They are business women, masquerading as ‘online friends’, with families whose lives they share. Playing on their followers insecurities, manipulating them to buy buy buy! We know from the news and research we should not be encouraging this type of spending behaviour/ culture. They all talk about mental health, but are so ignorant in the fact that they are actually adding to this very serious problem. People are not trolling them, they are pointing out the obvious!

She’s annoying, loves herself and only cares about making money from endless swipe ups/ all links, and therefore is not genuine. She’s profiteering big time from it, even including swipe ups for Amazon. If she doesn’t buy it herself and wear or use it, I wouldn’t trust anything she recommends buying. She’s just looking after herself and is clearly doing very well from it.

Cerase

I've reported her a few times, one was only a few days ago so she's obviously had a rap across the knuckles since then. Didn't hear back from the ASA, but declaring the boots is definitely new, so she's obviously been contacted.

Good.

Just checked her posts too and she's added 'AD' 'OWN BRAND' to old posts.

Affiliatedlink

Chatty Member
40notfrumpy always seems to feel the need to show the same ‘This is me when I was fat vs this is me now thin’ photos when her likes/followers drop. For some reason every time she does the exact same photo she get thousands of likes! I find her dull as anything, her photos against a brick wall with weeds in the background are hardly inspirational, 99% gifted, very often don’t suit her and are ill fitting. I unfollowed her a long time ago.

• Heart

KerChing

Chatty Member
The blazer and Princess Di heels are out...
I’m no fashionista but I’ve never understood why all these stay at home mums wear blazers day to day? I’d only wear a blazer for a job interview 😂 or when I had a job I had to be smart for.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
It seems to be mainly stay at home (rich, bored) mums who are obsessed with the blazers. I work in a very corporate environment and haven't seen any woman in a blazer since the 90s. They must think it makes them look purposeful and with somewhere to be.