Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

petitspois

VIP Member
I'm so glad for tattle, I really am. I'm no fool but I don't pay much attention to things as I scroll and I always saw this account as quite harmless really. You've opened my eyes. I supposed she's better than a lot of them but still making money out of women in a manipulative way. I've unfollowed now.

Reactions: 6

Cerase

I don't follow any more, but a few years ago she mentioned in stories that the aff links had paid for her new extension and holidays. So she's obviously earning a pretty penny. Explains why she never misses a day of posting her links even whilst on holiday.

Her favourite ones on repeat are the amazon ones (diffuser, neck massager, amazon clothes etc) because she knows most people shop at amazon weekly and often spend large amounts. Installing aff link cookies for amazon is very very profitable as she earns from every single purchase made.
Yes it's the Amazon fan, the hammock and awful Amazon clothing. Day after day, week after week.

Lookfantastic is another one, though there is a discount code for that I suppose.

Bring on the influencer backlash, it can't come quickly enough imo.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
She earns a huge income from getting cookies installed on followers phones for places like amazon. Some of these cookies remain installed for 30 days or more so think of how much commission she must be earning from people using shops to make purchases that have nothing to do with her! It is grossly underhand, manipulative behaviour.

Libertine

VIP Member
The one and only time I wore a blazer to work everyone thought I was off to an interview.
Same!

I know Melissa of Back of The Wardrobe has been mentioned on this thread before - she seems to be part of this crowd. During her recent holiday I watched her follower numbers climb by about a thousand a day allowing her to reach 30k.

I was watching her numbers because I was POSITIVE her followers would drop as most influencers’ numbers drop while they are on holiday, see Does My Bum Look 40 and LuluDumas, but particularly a long holiday abroad during COVID!

I saw she alluded to ‘mean gossip’ or something - I wonder if others have called her out on buying followers? 🤔

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I think these 40 plus accounts need to stop trying to wear stuff aimed at teenagers. There's loads of nice clothes which are stylish and age appropriate and don't have to worn skin tight to look ok.
I’m in my mid 40’s and probably dress younger than my age. I think I look fine, not too much mutton dressed as lamb, but I know what suits me. I don’t think we should conform but wear what ever floats your boat❤

Last edited:

VerrucaSalt

It’s those shoes as well. They may be Chanel ‘dupes’ but with the blazer all I see is Princess Diana. Such a dated look.

• Haha

Libbub

VIP Member
So, do we think the real reason she’s getting back into fitness is cause she’s got more free sweaty betty?!
You know it! How can she jump on the Sweaty Betty bandwagon if she spends all day shovelling aldi or m&s food into her face? Incidentally every "influencer" is peddling SW, I for one will never ever buy any of it!

loubylou50

VIP Member
Honestly she must have done about 100 Insta stories on those boots over the last week, there’s been more than 10 per day I’m sure! All that free sneaky advertising 🤦🏼‍♀️ whilst her huns are crying “well done, you’ve worked so hard” and they don’t realise their being sold to constantly day in, day out!!

Cerase

Bloody hell, that puts it into perspective a lot. No wonder she does the daily, endless 'round-up' but the fact that she bills it as her doing US a favour beggars belief!

Oh and while I am here, Helen your hair is NOT curly. FFS give it up woman. No amount of scrunching Cantu into it and claiming it is curly makes it so. :rolleyes:

OhhBacon

VIP Member
I really want to see her message!

If she isn’t getting a huuuugggeee payout for M&Co then she is being ripped off. It’s all she promotes. Crap quality clothing that she doesn’t wear in real life.

carolinefg

40notfrumpy is a strange one, she has no real content and just sticks up a gifted/ad new outfit each day which, without other content, is starting to get my goat. I don’t mind Helen when she’s not just repeating her current faves or plugging M&Co
Has 40notfrumpy got her own thread? She needs one! So dull, so much fast fashion and new stuff constantly- no one needs all that. She looks so awkward and unnatural and has no style, the clothes just wear her. Baffled as to how she’s got so many followers.

MrsHater

Chatty Member
I am sooooooooooo fucking bored of the Nike posts. It’s daily I’m sure? Makes me sick... money grabbing to the extreme. I don’t think I know one “influencer” who isn’t doing their house up. Clearly all these ads are paying for the renovations. 😡

Libertine

VIP Member
She’s breaching ASA rules by advertising her own boots and adding affiliate link but not tagging any of her posts featuring them as an AD. She has to declare her own products otherwise it’s classed as misleading the public. She will already know this though and that’s why she does it.
Dress Like A Mum did this with her own shoes and got into a lot of trouble.

Make a complaint.

MaggsV

I went on unfollow spree recently, those women are making my blood boil, I like to follow accounts for inspiration or interesting tips or tricks but so mant of them then become simple money rackets. 40plus is awful, she flogs same #### day in day out, it gets boring. He swears by products that are recalled, her amazing best ever Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is called back and whoever bought it with her doscount code can't get the money even back.

Kezza_69

VIP Member
I think we've all been sucked in by these "influencers" at some point!
I cringe whenever I see my skirt hanging unworn in the wardrobe 😳

• Haha
She earns a huge income from getting cookies installed on followers phones for places like amazon. Some of these cookies remain installed for 30 days or more so think of how much commission she must be earning from people using shops to make purchases that have nothing to do with her! It is grossly underhand, manipulative behaviour.
Do we know how much she earns a year from this?
I unfollowed years ago - she became a shopping channel stuck on repeat. Happy to flog fast fashion etc not bothered about how much damage excessive consumerism does to our planet - she’s selfish and oh so very greedy

• Heart