Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emmadale

VIP Member
D90198BD-F67E-484D-B5A9-3AA0A4F827AC.png

This really pisses me off with the affiliate linking. She’s even saying she wouldn’t wear it and doesn’t like the trend but hey, I’ll make some money off it from you!

Reactions: 5

Rosiepie

VIP Member
It did seem like quite a brag and she felt she had to justify it. I’m sure all those bored stay at home non working (yes that inc you Abi) wealthy mums that met for lunch yesterday after their “press event” felt the need to splurge and show off to each other in Selfridges! When will they ever get that Advertising on insta is NOT working! It wasn’t that long ago that all of these Instagrammers didn’t do it for the money, it was just to show what you wore or may have bought or liked etc, it seemed more genuine back then. Now I don’t believe any of them!
100% agree! Much more authentic when instagrammers didn’t show things just for the money. Even 40notfrumpy who was at the lunch with Helen & Co has changed to swipe ups, gifts galore, Campaigns, ads etc....she’s even done the fantasie lingerie advert that’s doing the rounds with other ‘influencers’, sitting in her underwear being paid to do so....shame 🤦‍♀️

Cerase

It’s getting a bit wearing now, and I like Helen. She’s been flogging the hammock and the neck massager for over a year now, almost daily.
It's been about 2 years that she's been sharing the hammock as I bought one in May 2019 and she was pimping it for months before that.

I am on the verge of u following, this is lazy and greedy content. The new stuff is few and far between. Yeah, OK not a lot they can all be sharing at the moment but we know as soon as restrictions are lifted they are going to be off annoying us with thei freebie lunches again....

VerrucaSalt

Constantly adding swipe ups for All Saints biker jackets because their commission on that will undoubtedly be higher than on a £10 t-shirt.

Rosiepie

VIP Member
I thought I’d share this article if you didnt see it yesterday from Lime Goss (Tattle) summing up instagrammers. It’s an eloquent piece of writing and it talks about them jumping on the kindness bandwagon - making it all about them. Interesting that they talk about kindness and mental health issues, but go straight back into selling mode. There is a petition that some influencers like Cloud interiors are trying to get signed to get rid of Tattle. I think Tattle need their own petition to stop people like these making money so easily from Instagram. Make Influencers more accountable for their actions, what they write, and more transparency with regards to how they make money from swipe ups, ADs etc The ASA need to be tougher and I’d love it if they were no longer able to accept gifts or paid to advertise. What would these people do then? By the way, anyone can talk about being kind. Words don’t mean much but actions mean everything. Showing off gifts, swipe ups to everything, ads etc are not acts of kindness but selfishness. These consumeristic acts only help the influencer make money. Giving to others is an act of kindness. Be kind; take less and give more.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
I've been undecided about backofthewardrobe for a while, she has a tendancy to come across a bit too desperate to get noticed by the bigger fish.

NoodlesToodles

VIP Member
This one boils my piss coz she makes out shes got a huge mum tum and she clearly hasn't 🙄 another one playing on insecurities of others.

I quite like her, but I really can’t tell what Stories of hers are current or old. I experience deja vu on a daily basis: have I already seen this, or not?

I have now seen that Amazon back massager thing about 100 times, as well as the M&Co tracksuit, as well as the tummy trimming vests, and hasn’t she already done the comparison of Spanx and Commando leggings?

I genuinely can’t keep up.

Rosiepie

VIP Member
Those monthly aff payments must be adding up....another one that has set herself up as a Ltd Company “40 plus not giving up Ltd” - Companies House 12017684 🙄
I’d be so interested in how much someone like Helen is making from her constant swipe ups, ads etc on a DAILY basis. She’s selling the M&S beauty stuff because she was gifted them in the first place. Try ons are just clothes she orders online and returns for free or shows off in a changing room, but she makes the money from the swipe up. I can’t keep up with the amount of maxi skirts either. Insta has gone to her head.

Those monthly aff payments must be adding up....another one that has set herself up as a Ltd Company “40 plus not giving up Ltd” - Companies House 12017684 🙄
I’d be so interested in how much someone like Helen is making from her constant swipe ups, ads etc on a DAILY basis. She’s selling the M&S beauty stuff because she was gifted them in the first place. Try ons are just clothes she orders online and returns for free or shows off in a changing room, but she makes the money from the swipe up. I can’t keep up with the amount of maxi skirts either. Insta has gone to her head.

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I haven’t seen her stories for aaaggees, but wow! They haven’t changed a bit! Though this must be the winning formula and why she’s doing alright off the back of it!

AdAdAdGiftGiftGiftBoring

I think you are spot on about Abi and the childish / brattish way she comes across. Never seems genuine or grateful - I unfollowed a while back as I got really bored of her account. Same with Helen who is a living, breathing, talking, walking SALES machine! These so called ‘influencers’ who think they are something really get on my nerves. They are bad for society and mental health! Would love to see Instagram remove the monetary aspect and gifting - what would happen to these folk then? Less spending and more time focusing on really important things - there’s more to life than a flippin maxi dress, support vest or skirt. Nothing about this account is authentic - it’s sales and numbers driven!!!!!!!
Can you imagine! The bottom would fall out of their worlds so dependant they’ve become on the monetary gain...but also also the validation and fangirling aspect. This applies to all of them but in particular Helen, justalittlebuild and thehousebuild. Their entire existence appears to revolve around Instagram and I think there would be a huge void in their lives if it was ever taken away from them. Pathetic women.

• Heart

Rosiepie

VIP Member
It’s those shoes as well. They may be Chanel ‘dupes’ but with the blazer all I see is Princess Diana. Such a dated look.
Omg you are right! Not a look I would particularly want to be seen in. Tbh a lot of what Helen recommends I wouldn’t wear together. Like those gifted silk like dressing gowns/ kimonos that she wears over other clothes.

Rosiepie

VIP Member
I've had to unfollow stealmystyle40 (Helen's mate Abi).

Kids, football, dinner in a Thermos , wine. Kids, football, dinner in a Thermos, wine. And repeat, and repeat, and repeat.

She literally has no other content, apart from whatever 'swipe up' is flavour of the month. Seems to be M&Co this month. I did like her, but I've just had enough.
I agree. All of her content is on repeat and I can’t stand her talking I’m afraid. I don’t follow her anymore.

Emmadale

VIP Member
I feel like she’s being such an insta sheep claiming to like those furry Birkenstock's (are they supposed to be slippers?!) Lots of the insta fashionista wankers are in them but they just look ridiculous and are so not Helen!

I messaged her to ask her if she was getting a nice payout from M&Co as she seems to promote them multiple times throughout the day and doesn’t mention the likes of Matalan anymore (her obsession of last year). Also she seems to be using her daughters more and more at the moment which they clearly don’t get a day in. She wrote me an extremely rude response and blocked me. She used to be quite likeable but has now become a self-obsessed bitch
Yes please tell us what her response was! She just follows the money and does it so shamelessly. Still tries to claim she only shows us what she loves 🙄

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Oh dear no freebies being sent Helen? I know what, drag your kids and George into your awful Insta world. Yes, I bet the 'girls were asked by new look to choose some clothes'. You sure it wasn't you flogging them to new look and asking new look to take them on?. Gotta get them aff links in somehow right?

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I think she seems a nice person but the constant buying shed loads of clothes onn no key to send them back doesn’t sit right with me. I know she gets given lots now but I still feel she’s encouraging others to buy loads right try on. It’s just a bit boring now too as others have said. She keeps saying she’s a 14 but really doesn’t look it - I’m a definite 14 and would look bloody awful with shirt half tucked in (which I don’t get anyway!).
I agree - she looks more like a 10/12 but it could be because she is so tall - 5’ 10” - just in case you were not aware of this little-known fact 😉

• Haha